Days of Our Lives - Mon., March 16, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Replays of Friday's closing scenes. In reply to Orpheus's comment that Evan learned to ditch anyone tailing him from the best – Orpheus, Evan replies he will just call him Dad. They go over all that Evan did, with Orpheus pointing out a few mistakes, asking questions (like did he plan to kill Jordan). Evan says no, Orpheus notes they still have his DNA evidence, Evan says circumstantial. They yak about it all, bringing everyone up to speed, including Evan working for Rafe in order to be with his son. Orpheus wishes Evan had told him first, mentions losing the train toy when he went out for groceries. Evan having fit Orpheus took him out, but Orpheus claims someone was watching him. Evan comments Orpheus doesn't have to worry about Sonny, tho Evan fell in love with him, he is back with Will. Orpheus wasn't concerned with gender, he shivers at the mention of the Kiriakis name.

Kristen continues to shed tears, do her pity party with Brady, who comforts her. John pounds on the door, want Kristen to tell him about Stefano/Steve. She blathers that she thought he only wanted the business back, did not know he was after Marlena, she would have told him. John doesn't believe a word she says, but, ends up leaving. Kristen telling him she will pray for Marlena, and that John can find her.

Nicole just notices the birthmark, does the whole flashback bit to Brady telling her Rachel had one. She says aloud, cannot be, Eric asks what, she is about to tell him, Dr. Raynor comes in, says she got a great job offer, is leaving town tonight, just wanted to say good-bye. All her brain lights start flashing as she recalls Raynor & Xander together, talking, shaking hands, etc. Eric thanks the doc, who leaves, Nicole goes after her, stopping her at the elevator, full of questions. Dr. Raynor tries to evade, but Nicole has put the 2 plus 2 together pretty fast, recites it all, birthmarks, born same day, the accident which was so severe it killed Adrienne, (regular Perry Mason, for sure). She talks of Xander, who delivered Sarah's baby, brought to hospital, how they have had intense conversations, even shaking hands, as in making a deal. No wonder the doc is leaving town so quickly. Dr. Raynor finally has no more ways to evade, but does ask Nicole how Eric will feel when Nicole tells his that child he loves so much is not his. She takes off.

Xander & Sarah are having a date, go out to dinner, place is empty, Xander arranged that, did not want a lot of people around. They finish meal, she cannot eat another bite, he will cancel the Creme Brulee, she laughs, threatens him. They talk of each other, he brings out a ring box, down on one knee, asks her to marry him. She bursts out laughing. He is crestfallen, puts the ring box away. He had already done his proclamations of love, hurts when she is hurt, happy when she is, never loved anyone so much he felt what they feel. She now is saying this is their very first date, and here he is proposing. He counters with her sleeping with him, barely knew him, hated him actually. She soon says yes, he pulls the ring box back out, puts it on her finger. He really wants to cement their relationship, no matter what.

Eli, Lani & Rafe at the cop shop, talking of the man who dropped the train, not retrieving tho Lani tried to call him back. They know there is security footage all over the area, and manage to get it sent. As they watch, Lani spots the guy, hoodie concealing face. They zoom in, Rafe commenting the man looks familiar. They figure this guy has David.

Dr. Raynor calls Xander (who is busy kissing Sarah) saying Nicole is on to him, knows it all.

Eric is holding Mickey, Nicole a bit nervous. He asks what she was going to say before Raynor walked in. She says nothing, wasn't important.

Evan figures he will get off, and then can sue for custody. Orpheus tells him to let him handle all this. No one knows I'm back!

Thank you for watching this, Poirot.

I guess I just don't care about a baby switch.

Though I am glad that Sarah and Xander are engaged. We all know that in soap opera land their happiness will not last.

Evan ....nope, a nothing character for me.

Orpheus... couldn't stand before. Don't care now.

Hopefully John gets a clue soon as to where Marlena is being held.

Does seem this storyline is a mess, doesn't make sense. Flashbacks, repetitious conversations, tho I realize they have to have Orpheus's past mentioned here and there so newer viewers will understand about him. But Kristen crying because she asked Eric to hold Mickey & he said no, yes a mistake, but she felt this overwhelming need to hold her. PULEEZE!

To have John come in and find his son nuzzling the woman who had been Brady's almost-stepmother, who changed his diaper, is nauseating. I hope this all ends this month.

Orpheus: Why is he back? Aren't the viewers TV screens already cluttered with enough sickos?

Brady: He thinks that his family will "come around" about creepy Kristen? Really? They might get past throwing things and hurling nasty insults, but Brady better forget bringing his perverted paramour to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

Raynor: She never should have gotten involved in a conversation with snoopy Nicole, but she did save herself by playing the Eric card.

Xander: So he gave Sarah a diamond ring left over from his smuggling days? Why didn't he also give her a Fred the elephant statue? It would look great perched on a shelf in the baby's room.

Evan/Christian: He should win the title of Salem's Mr. Optimistic. He thinks his chances are good because his DNA at the murder scene is just circumstantial evidence. Somebody should remind him that this is exactly the same evidence that sent Ben to the death chamber.

I could not believe John let Kristen hug him. I am hoping the baby switch coming out will bring back the real nasty Kristen. Brady will feel like an idiot again, but so be it. He doesn't seem to even care that Rachel was conceived because he thought he was sleeping with Nicole.

Glad Nicole figured it out and am hoping will come out this week or next. Hey Xander and Sarah just got engaged so something bad has to happen.

I thought it was dumb when Lani and Eli ran into that guy who dropped the toy train that the thought of David's kidnapping didn't even cross their minds. Guy in a hurry, won't respond, drops a toy. But nope was just "oh, some little boy is going to be sad". But that is Salem PD. I know they aren't now, but were on the Salem PD.

bradypicofkevinandbrady.gif
bradybeautifulwomantocharm.gif
mbradyspecialmommy.gif
mbradykris.jpg
ebradykris.gif
bradyjohnkristenkisspier.gif
bradykristenposs2.gif
brady96thanks.jpg

I have to say I find Brady to be one of the weirder things on this show. He's just weak and when he's not being weak he's not very nice. He strikes me as a male Nicole but he doesn't invoke the same agitation. Like he's just there and we know he's weak and who cares.

The only time I liked Brady was when he was with Theresa and they even had a house and a real life. And it was cute watching them fall for each other. I also really like Jen Lilley (Theresa) so that might have helped.

Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed Orpheus. He made me laugh.

It was interesting to hear Eric ask Nicole about not seeing the Mickey's
birthmark before. I don't think anyone in Salem had seen it before it was
mentioned on Friday :)

How long will it take for Eric and Sarah find out Mickey isn't their child?
Will Eric hate Nicole again if she doesn't tell him first?

Dr Raynor mentioned baby switches only happen on TV shows and movies.
She must be new in Salem since it happens a lot there too.

Line of day goes to Orpheus when he tells Evan "I hope it ends horribly for
everyone. I hate people who try to kill me"

Last edited:
It makes me laugh how characters who have not seen each other for years, know every single thing that happened to the other, including in the past. Wayyyy past. LOL Yep, blow up the yacht. Ha.

Yes, definitely a way to get newer viewers to sort of "catch on".

I really do like that Orpheus is back. I did not like that he was only used today to go on and on about his failure as a father to his kids. Orpheus is a wonderful character, terrific villain, & would be an asset permanently on Days. We do not need any essence in Steve to provide what Stefano used to do. Orpheus would more than fill that void.

Back