Days of Our Lives - Mon., March 3, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 3, 2014

Daniel nervously checks the apt. the champagne, the couch pillows, etc. prior to Jen's arrival, & there she is, right on time. He helps her off with her coat, they have a drink, or maybe a few sips. They are kissing, he carries her into the bedroom, and...we get glimpses of clothes coming off, belts undone, kissing, hand clasping, body stroking, legs tangling, etc. etc. as Daniel & Jennifer make love. Both are happy, he gives her a massage, best she ever had. They talk of his good friend Nicole, no, Jen is not jealous, then he lets her know how Nicole is her friend, too. She learned some time ago that it was JJ with Theresa when she O.D.'d, but kept quiet to protect JJ. Jen is not mad about it at all.

Brady arrives over at Theresa's apt. with a big shopping bag, which she hopes contains that purse she loved. But no, just a nice bottle of booze for them both to enjoy. They chit chat & drink, decide to go to the Club. Over at the club, Eric has brought Nicole a single rose, they chat, are having a nice quiet time, some guy is staring at them, & when Eric goes for refills, Nicole gets in the guy's face. Eric return, makes peace easily, they sit back down, she is ticked off, but understands how Eric stays calm, etc. And now, is comes the Brady/Theresa duo, loud, laughing, and half drunk.
Nicole gets ticked at a couple of comments the couple makes, jumps up to face off, but Eric comes, too, comments about Theresa being in the program. She laughs, says no, too many steps. More laughing, then Brady makes a few crass comments to Eric, and they leave. Back to Theresa's apt. More drinking, and now they begin to make out. She jumps up, will be right back, returns to find Brady passed out on the sofa. She lifts his wallet, pulls out a wad of money, but shoves it back. Nope, she is in for the big payoff.

JJ goes back to his home with Bev, wanting to forget his bad day. She suggests he play his guitar for her, but he knows of something else that would help him forget, begins kissing her, They fall down on the sofa, JJ's foot accidentally knocking over Bev's purse, and out come a bag of something. He gets upset, asks why she brought it there, he is not into that anymore. They argue, she is o.k. with him not wanting to get high any more, but don't judge her because she still does. He claims he wasn't, but she grabs her stuff and leaves. JJ strums his guitar for a bit, then takes off, running into Rory in the Square. He is not happy with Rory talking about his boss the way he did, that it could cost him, and he might end up in prison. Rory is sorry, goes to get them a couple soft drinks. JJ looks for his wallet I think...can't find it, moans about this day not getting any worse. A pretty gal comes up, asking if this is his. JJ thanks her, Rory comes with the drinks, JJ turns, the girl is gone. Rory never saw her, JJ can't believe she just disappeared like that.

Will returns to the Pub with Gramma Caroline, who thanks him for taking her somewhere. Sami is waiting, Caroline wonders if this is a set up, but no, Will did not know Sami would be there. He tells Caroline he & Sonny are getting married. Caroline is very happy, wants to sit at the fun table at the reception. She then mentions a double wedding for Sami/EJ, Sonny/Will, but both Sami & Will say absolutely not. Sami & Will talk a bit about Gabi, with Nick back in her life, and Sami is very negative. Will reminds her that she herself is marrying someone who caused her a lot of misery, and she tried to kill, too. She thinks it different, but Caroline & Will don't However, Will wants her to be happy, and since EJ makes her happy, that is fine. Gabi comes in, wonders if Nick has been there, he said he was coming by. Sami suggests Will take Ari back into the kitchen, mentioning she can see her aunt???? Now she talk to Gabi about Will & Sonny getting married, and Gabi realizes she really wants to know if she intends to move out with Ari. (Earlier, she had a dream that the 2 or 3 yr. old Ari preferred to go places with Will & Sonny than with her, and it upset her)

Meanwhile, Sonny is meeting up with the malevolent Nick in the park. He talks of Nick trying to worm his way back into Gabi's life, and warns him to stay away. Nick however, does his usual word dancing, and the guys nearly get very physical. Sonny holds his own, Nick starts talking of how Sonny helped cover up the attempt to kill him, and smiling is happy the bird watcher was around at the time. He actually threatens Sonny, who tells him that he may not be a Horton like Nick & Will, but he is a Kiriakis, and gets what he wants. Nick tells him he has a bullet for Kate, one for Sami, and 2 more for the happy, about to be married couple. He says Sonny is an accessory after the fact, and talks about the prison bars that will surround him.
Sonny goes home, tells Will, who wonders how Nick knows that they knew. Sonny doesn't know, but the threat is there.

Back at the Pub, Nick comes in, while Sami is talking to Gramma Caroline. He wants to tell Mrs. Brady that he is back in town, working hard, making a new life for himself. Sami is eye rolling at it all, but doesn't say much of anything. Nick assures Caroline he will be a different person. She tells him that it will her that decides if that comes to be, not him. She leaves.

And now Nick carries on a conversation with Sami, talking of how, some time ago, she offered Gabi a job, but never gave it to her. He thinks Gabi is pretty enough to be on a magazine cover, doesn't she? He goes on with his "suggestions", but Sami notes that Gabi said she was no longer interested in modeling. Nick thinks she would change her mind with the right offer. He thinks it would help Sami's company a lot, but not hiring Gabi to model just might destroy her whole summer line. he leaves.

Eric walks Nicole to her door, she says he didn't have to, he wanted to. Well, actually she wanted him to, also. They chat a bit, talk of his collar no longer being there between them, and their faces get closer, closer, and they kiss.

I am glad Sonny did stand up to Nick and even pushed him away when he got too close. Hopefully Sonny stand by his word that he is a Kiriakas and gets Victor involved. Most of the rest I fast forwarded thru with all the romances. lol
I am also glad JJ let Bev know he is no longer into drugs and they should not be in his home. Bev should have known JJ's reaction.

Brady and Theresa -- what a pair. The life of any party.:sarcasm: Perhaps, Sonny should consider a lifetime ban at Club TBD for these two before they start driving away the customers. As for Tricky Nicky, he's in way over his head with Sonny. If things got physical, Sonny is quite capable of giving the Trickster a thrashing that would make the one he got from Chad seem like love taps. On the legal side, Nick is off target calling Sonny an accessory after the fact. Unless Sonny did something to affirmatively cover up Kate, Gabi, and Sami giving Nick a little dip in the Salem River, he's probably in the clear. Merely failing to report that a crime has occurred is generally not an offense. And if things did somehow get legal, Victor has an army of lawyers who could easily squash Nick. In fact, Victor's dream team could get Sonny off even if he shot Nick in the middle of the Town Square at high noon.

Nick may be off base DrBakerFan, and he may be fully aware it (sly devil), but Sonny more than likely is not which is why he should at least go to Justin now since Nick is threatening him with legalities.

I know some are tired of Nick, but I'm actually enjoying it. It's pretty funny to me that the town genius is now the town puppet master. Exactly how do you outsmart a smart villain? Kate, Sami, EJ, they all continue to underestimate Nick because they consider him to be just "some crazy ex-con". That's why they never see him coming (as he said to Chad in January 2013. The fact that DAYS didn't explore that rivalry further still disappoints me.)

Well, I know I am tired of him lickin' his chops at various people individually. I wish someone would record him, and just play it for Gabi.
Sorry, but I am truly sick of the "he's changed" mantra, when whoever it is, has not really changed.
Nick is claiming (to Caroline) how he is going to therapy, and really getting back on track. Maybe someone should ask him for the name, as they could use a good one. Like Brady. Or Caroline. LOL. And if Nick IS going to therapy, he certainly isn't truly confiding his thoughts and actions , but giving the ol song and dance like he does to Gabi.

So now, Nick wants Sami to give Gabi a fabulous paying job, so she will have enough money to move out on her own when the guys get married. Oh, that is his plan, definitely. He is slowly brainwashing Gabi, while blackmailing everyone else. Actually he suggests things and makes empty threats.

Actually he suggests things and makes empty threats.
That's the genius of it all in my opinion Poirot. At this point, no one can actually accuse him of blackmail because all he's done is offer his opinion. And given my choice of villains, I'd rather watch Nick than EJ, Theresa, Anne, who are more like cartoon villains.

I love how all these people keep telling Sami how EJ will hurt her or comparing EJ and Nick. It's so funny to watch Sami continuously defend EJ and how he's changed and how dare people compare him to that slimeball Nick or comparing EJ/Sami to Nick/Gabi. It's hilarious because I think there is a part of her that knows people are preaching truth and she's just too bull headed to admit it. Can't wait for all these people to be proven right.

Loved the Eric/Nicole kiss! Too bad Nicole has that stupid secret between them of her own doing. By the way, Nicole's hair was SO much better today than that ridiculously weird updo she was sporting all last week.

I like seeing Sonny show his Kiriakis side once in awhile. Makes him more interesting.

@cryin....oh, I agree that the way Nick goes about it all is sheer genius. I still wish Gabi could hear him, though.
And Sparks.....somehow, all these references/comparisons of Nick to EJ have to eventually give Sami pause to think a bit. She talks of the Gabi trying to kill Nick. It is pointed out she herself did the same thing. She complains of Nick manipulating Gabi, and it is pointed out EJ did the same to her. And on and on. Will, Adrienne, Caroline, Rafe, Marlena....and Sami keeps saying it is so different. As Will said, to her it is. And thus, maybe to Gabi, it is, too.
Makes me wonder if Nick will "steal" Ari....maybe just for an afternoon, saying he took her to the park, the zoo, etc. Or will Ari turn up missing, and Nick "finds" her, bringing her back all safe?
IF that happened, I think Sami really would have second thoughts, and huge memories.

Pretty much bored to tears with this show today... but I do need to ask... WHAT was Jennifer wearing???? I live in Phoenix and it's 75 here and that dress would be challenging to wear outside in the shade..... we get it she has wonderfully toned arms..... but come on it is not spring everywhere.....

Jen's body must be like furnace to keep her warm all the time :)

It is strange to see her dressed that way when other people in Salem are wearing
scarves. I saw six or seven today.

I'm glad JJ is behaving himself since he had Bev leave after he found drugs in her purse.

Caroline sort of told Nick off today.

I thought it was funny Brady fell asleep waiting on Theresa.

I hope Dan or Jen remembered they left the candles burning
on the table when they went in the bedroom.

Boring episode today. But I found it interesting that we've now seen a love scene at least 4 weeks in a row with different couples involved. That may be more than we saw all of 2013.

I would have liked to have seen more emotion in the Jen-Dan love scene. They looked like they were barely kissing. And line of the day to Dan for wanting to teach Jen to surf. LOL. And Jen's outfit was awful. What is up with the 1990s palazzo pants all of a sudden?

Loved the Eric-Nicole kiss

Bored to tears with Brady and Theresa. There is just no purpose for these 2 in Salem. Other than interacting with each other, they are not providing movement to any other storyline. Both characters are nuisances. Either reform and develop them or write them out. Plus these 2 have no chemistry with each other. They are NOT EJ/Abby 2.0.

I still say something is way off about Nick.

Nick may be off base DrBakerFan, and he may be fully aware it (sly devil), but Sonny more than likely is not which is why he should at least go to Justin now since Nick is threatening him with legalities.
Good point. The Trickster gets away with murder because his victims aren't knowledgeable about the law.What he's pulling now is a rerun of the Will-Lucas blackmail. Tricky Nicky was able to put the squeeze on Will over the EJ shooting despite the fact that his recording was inadmissible, illegally obtained evidence, which if presented to the authorities would have led to charges against Nick.

I like seeing Sonny show his Kiriakis side once in awhile. Makes him more interesting.
It's about time that somebody started dropping names on Nick. EJ's failure to act when his fiancee is being blackmailed has apparently made Nick a trifle over-confident about messing with powerful Salem families. However, Victor is no EJ, and If Sonny mentioned to him that Nick has no respect for the Kiriakis name, the Trickster's health might be in danger.

Switching to the subject of the Love Doctor and Miss Priss, the sleeveless wonder better hope that she didn't pick up any whisker burn from the miracle surgeon's ever-present stubble. If she has, there's going to be a lot of juicy gossiping going on around the nurses' station, including some pointed remarks from a certain snarky, curly-haired individual.

I liked the music they chose for Jen and Daniel. I wish they'd done their talking with their clothes on. It seemed very silly for them to be having this conversation as post-sex talk.

The Nicole and Eric scenes were so well done it made me angry all over again that the writers insisted on this stupid shredded documents secret. Glad we had a taste of Nicole standing up to Theresa. I wish it had been more. One thing I didn't like was Nicole seemed to feel bad that she was standing up to people the way she does because it isn't Eric's style. To me that's problematic and one reason I prefer her with Daniel. Obviously the writers have different ideas though and I am warming to Nicole/Eric. (But I still love me some snarky Nicole! :love:)

I felt bad for JJ today and wanted to reach through my screen and give him a hug. I was proud of him for sticking to his new path though at this point I expect nothing less (though the writers could always change that *cough*bagofshreds*cough*) I'm especially glad because IMO wandering around aimlessly and being mad at the world after a bad day and history of destructive behavior is just asking for trouble to find you. I'm disappointed because I like him and Bev together. Maybe she'll come around and there will be a triangle with this new girl. We'll see. Anyway I thought the scene with Brady and Theresa drinking themselves into oblivion provided a nice counterpoint to JJ's decision to tell Bev not to bring drugs into his house.

I'm not sure what Theresa thinks the big payoff is...is she planning on making Brady fall for her so he can buy her things? Hope to marry him and get into Victor's will? I actually saw some chemistry between those two, to my surprise. Too bad she's evil and he's clueless. Nicole was right on target with her assessment of the situation.

I liked Sonny's attitude when standing up to Nick. It was a refreshing change from how the rest of Salem deals with Nick. I also liked that this time he told Will right away.

I couldn't help wondering if Caroline would have the same attitude about "you don't need anyone's approval as long as you're in love" if Eric and Nicole should ever get engaged.

Heather, were those pants Jen were wearing? I thought at first pants,
but then I wondered if a skirt. I haven't worn pants like that for
a very long time.

Back