Days of Our Lives - Mon., May 13, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, May 13, 2019

Ted has asked Ben to come in, sign statement about Holly being taken. Ben talks with Ciara, wants to be a part of nephew David's life. He & Ciara talk over things he can do with David, she goes out to vote, promising to go talk to Rafe about letting Ben see David.

Rafe sits in the yard, buggy at his side, going over in his mind all that happened, doing the “if I only had not” items. David begins to fuss, Lani comes out, gives Rafe a bit of a hard time about not paying attention. She picks up the baby, & Rafe is verbalizing all the things he wishes he had not done, Holly would be alive. She assures him she would have done exactly the same as he did, he was trying to protect Holly, save her. He admits that in addition, he was sure Ted was up to no good. Lani feels the same. She notices his wedding ring gone, he tells of throwing it over the cliff at the crash site, and of being suspended, turning in badge & gun. She talks of taking David to the park, feed the ducks, he takes David inside to change diaper. Along comes Ciara wanting to talk to Rafe. Lani effectively avoids it, repeats Ben is not going to see David, Jordan doesn't want him to. Ciara wants to talk to Rafe any way, but Lani says David is sick, running a temp, gonna keep him inside today. Ciara says o.k., she will call him later.

Ted is worried about Holly being alive, doesn't trust Xander. He calls coroner, asking for verification the body is Holly. Hope hears, questions this, he makes up something, but she says she knows what he is doing. Making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. So there is nothing that can come back at them.

Meanwhile, Xander has come in on Brady/Nicole, telling Brady to take his hands off his wife. He goes up to Nicole, so happy to see she is alive, kisses her, she is pushing him away, Brady tells him to lay off. Xander goes on and on about Nicole being alive, she says she wants a divorce, he mentions the recording, she says something about having taken it, and was destroyed in the fire. Oh, but he found it, pulls it out, still has it. No divorce for her. Brady asks why he came there if he did not know Nicole was alive, Xander says he heard about Holly, came to pay respects to Uncle Vic & Aunt Maggie. Brady is not quite buying that. Nicole tells Xander to listen to the recording again, remind yourself what I can do if I get mad, storms out, Xander tries to follow her, Brady stops him.

Ben arrives at the cop shop to sign his statement, sees files on the table, Xander Cook! Ted comes in, asking what he is doing. Ben claims looking for pen, signs statement, leaves. Ted has said he was just looking at old files. When Ben sees Ciara, he acknowledges signing the statement, but something odd about Ted.

Eric is in his apt., looking soulfully at a pic of Nicole. Knock at door, he rushes to open, and of course it is the ever present everywhere Sarah, claiming she left a file on Will in Eric's room, doesn't mean to intrude. (Yes, I rolled eyes here). Nicole is not here, blames me for Holly's death. Sarah jumps to his defense, he isn't sure Nicole wasn't right. Chloe was being targeted by cartel, maybe he should have tried to get Holly, protect her. Sarah goes on about the paper Nik wrote herself, giving Chloe custody, Eric is appreciative of her support.

Rafe & Lani are at the Pub with David, having lunch I guess, Hope comes in, sees them, walks over. Rafe stands up, asks if she wants to talk some more. She looks down, you aren't wearing your wedding ring. He looks down at his hands......no.....she says, that says it all, and leaves. Rafe & Lani leave the Pub, going back to his cottage.... he is thanking her, just what he needed. Here comes Ciara & Ben.....who says he thought David was sick? Ciara says that is what Lani told her.......unless she was lying.

Hope is back at the cop shop, calls Belle, needs her help. She wants to file for divorce. Ted hears, smiles.

Eric is looking at pic of Nik, then one of Nicole & baby Holly. He caresses it.

Nicole is in her Salem Inn room, still upset, looking at pic on her phone, goes to answer the door. Yep, there stands Sarah.Nicole bursts into tears.

Xander tells Brady to let go of his arm. Brady says to have a heart, leave Nicole alone, she just lost her child. Why don't you give the recording to me. O.K. Says Xander, but I want something in return.

Gee Hope, don't you think the victims should be positively identified? I know it's Salem and DNA means nothing but I would think the police would absolutely positively identify the victims.

Please please just let Rafe and Hope end so we stop with the awkward seeing each other. They never should have been.

Glad to see Rafe being hands on with the baby.

Wish they would show Holly.

Ted is worried about Holly being alive, doesn't trust Xander. He calls coroner, asking for verification the body is Holly
I'm confused. [I missed the first few minutes of today's show.] Ted does know that Holly is alive. What did he expect the coroner to tell him? What does he think Xander is doing?

Xander has told Ted Holly is alive, on her way to her "new" family. Ted has no proof.....doesn't trust Xander, who could be lying just to pacify Ted. So he asked the coroner to verify the body is that of Holly........which of course the coroner will say no it isn't..................(unless like all the government employees he gets paid to lie)

Green with envy: This would describe Leo's reaction if he had seen the object of his lust, Xander, lay a big wet one on an unwilling Nicole.

Poor judge of character: This would apply to foolish Hope for thinking that slimy Ted is actually investigating Holly's "death."

Poor judgment: Lyin' Lani made a big mistake, first by telling a lie to Ciara and then getting found out. The make-believe detective doesn't know what she's up against. Ciara is a lot more formidable than her hapless mother.

Foolish request: Brady actually asked Xander to "show some decency." Doesn't he know whom he's talking to?

Make yourself useful: Big-mouth Sarah could be useful for a change if she'd tell the ugly truth to sad-sack Eric. First, she should have borrowed a line from an old Seinfeld episode, "Look at yourself, you're a mess," and then told the professional soupuss: "How could you ever help Nicole or Holly when you can't even help yourself.'

Meet the future customer: So Rafe took Baby Ridgeway into the Pub? Roman should have come over and introduced himself. After all, the child is sure to be SORASed and might even be old enough to drink some cold ones at the Pub in only a few years.

Thanks, Poirot.

Why does Rafe have a small tent in his yard? Isn't David too young to
play in it?

Did anyone else think Uncle Ben could teach David how to make rice :)

Poor Ted, he wants the DNA test to prove the body isn't Holly. I guess he
hasn't lived in Salem long enough to know DNA tests get switched.

Xander had some funny lines today. He told Nicole how he missed "the
little terms of endearment" after she called him pig.

Thanks Poirot for the time and energies you put into these summaries! You rock!:hug::wine::love:

Oh, but he found it, pulls it out, still has it.
No one thought to question if that is the real recording? How about "let's play it and see what is really on the tape"

Nicole tells Xander to listen to the recording again, remind yourself what I can do if I get mad, ...
Nice one Nick!:clap::clap::hug:

When Ben sees Ciara, he acknowledges signing the statement, but something odd about Ted.
So, it took Ben half a second to question Ted and yet Salem's finest Commissioner STILL doesn't have a clue! Such wonderful writing!:sarcasm: What would happen if Salem had a GOOD police force? Hmmm, the jail would be filled!

Glad to see Rafe being hands on with the baby.
Someone needs to get Lani out of this picture - she is so far out of line...lying to Ciara is NOT a good idea!

Ciara is a lot more formidable than her hapless mother.
Absolutely!!

Xander is totally slimy but sometimes there is humor in the way he delivers his awful remarks. Stefan and Ted are just slimy - in my opinion! I see nothing humorous in either of them! However, when Xander grabbed Nick and kissed her I was truly grossed out - way wrong!!!! I wish she had puked all over him as she slapped him! THAT would have made me laugh a lot!:rotfl:

I'm ready to see Ciara in action - hope she goes after Lani for lying!

Back