Days of Our Lives - Mon., May 20, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, May 20, 2019

John & Marlena are in the Pub, Will & Sonny arrive. She asks how things went, gets told of the radiation not shrinking Will's tumor, and how traces of that memory serum were found in the tumor. Will blames himself, Marlena assures him it isn't, he says she is right, it is her fault. He proceeds to blame her for giving him the shot, not trying harder to dissuade him, he is yelling. Everyone tries calming him down, but when he does, he doesn't recall what he said., notes this is like this morning, when he forgot Holly had died, he apologizes, loves his gramma, she loves him, nothing to forgive. Sonny insists on taking Will back to hospital, John & Marlena go along.

Kate is assuring Vic she will do all she can to help, Maggie comes in, raises the roof over Kate once again there, with Victor. Kate says it is Titan business, Maggie says then talk to the CEO, Brady. Kate says he IS the problem, hired Xander. Maggie cannot believe it, yep, and Kate will keep an eye on him for Victor. Maggie doesn't care, wants Kate out of her house. Kate says tis Victor who invited her, Maggie doesn't care, doesn't want her there. Kate takes her time, but finally leaves, Maggie rails at Victor, knows he thinks she is overreacting. She tells him how she just learned Holly died, needed him, but he would not leave Kate, had to have another drink. He is sorry, but she is still very angry, tells him Kate not only wants the CEO job, she really wants Victor. He doesn't believe that, but Maggie does. She goes out, cries over Holly's picture, drops it, goes to pick it up, spots broken angel figurine in trash. Starts to cry, calls up Kate, thinks she did on purpose. Kate denies, says she is at hospital, Will had setback, hangs up. Maggie takes the stopper off the vodka bottle, struggles with herself, puts in back in when Brady comes in. He sees she is upset, holds her.

At the hospital, Will is in bed, John, Marlena, Kate & Sonny around the bed. Earlier, Sarah had arrived. (she is one poor excuse for a doctor), rather evading telling Rex where she was, but finally, saying with Eric.......and eventually telling about Xander being back in town, making a pass at her. Rex is all set to go punch him out, she lets him know Eric already did. They are both with everyone in Will's room, Rex saying Will should have another round of radiation, hopefully will shrink the tumor. Kate asks Rex if he remembers working on anything when he worked with Rolf, Rex says no, tho he did research, did not know what for. But, he is going to go over his notes from back then, now that he knows what he is looking for. Everyone leaves, Marlena tells John she is worried, thinks Rolf's diary would help, but she doesn't know how it could have just disappeared from Seth Burns' hands. John says she luckily is married to a super sleuth, lol.

Will is tired, will be seeing Sonny in morning??? Nope, Sonny is not going anywhere, will be right there. He climbs onto the bed, Will's arm around him.

Brady informs Eric that he secured Nicole a divorce. That it was a big payoff for Xander, but he agreed. Eric thanks him. Eric knows Nicole keeps pushing him away, Brady says he should go to the funeral, he will be upset with himself if he doesn't. Eric knows he will.

And over in Nicole's room, replay of Xander calling Nicole his partner, them smiling over their plan. They toast, chat away, bragging of what they have done, she complaining about all the crying and sadness she has had to display. How hard it is. They are laughing and joking around, she complains about the funeral tomorrow, how she will have to put on the act again, doesn't care about that whiny brat , then says how can she pretend to care about a dead kid, when she knows she is alive. Xander wants his “reward”, starts trying to schmooze Nicole, she rejects big time, cannot stand him, he talks of references, just ask Sarah Horton. He thinks there are sparks there, then talks of how she may be engaged, but wants Eric. Nicole smiles, loved telling Eric off, that was fun. Made up for the other stuff. She talks of how Xander got what he wanted, the job at Titan. He thinks Brady is a wimp, lousy CEO. She says probably better qualified than you. They go round and round, good-naturedly insulting each other, and praising their “plan”.

Rex thanks Eric for punching out Xander. Eric says thanks to Brady, Nicole will have her divorce, Xander won't bother her any more.

She tells Xander to leave, she has a show to put on tomorrow. He leaves, reminding her they are in this together for the long haul. Out in the hall, Kate sees him go, wonders what is up with that.

When she is alone, Nicole is smiling, everything is going just as she wants it to. She gives out an eerie laugh.

She sure is acting differently than what we are used to seeing......however, Xander referred to getting the recording back, turning it over to her, but the Brady wanted the "divorce for you". He talked of them being married, being in this plan together, how good he has been to her. Just all very odd. She told him to leave the last bottle of champagne alone for her, took it away from him, as she has to look haggard for tomorrow. There is no reference whatsoever to her being anyone else except Nicole.

Well, well, well aren't we surprised? So this is sweeps Carlivati style. It is more than obvious where this is headed. You know Stefano rising from the ashes didn't bother me. I almost looked forward to his inevitable return. The return of his "spawn of Satan" progeny (don't care who is portraying them) is uneventful, unnecessary and unwanted.

Last edited:
So broken figurines are the straw that breaks the camel's back for Maggie?

I did not remember that Rolf was Rex's mentor.

I cannot believe this is Nicole. Though I had the closed captioning on and it always said Nicole so they didn't spoil anything. But the way she is acting about Holly I cannot believe this is really Nicole. Please don't let it be Nicole!

I am waiting for Will to forget Sonny again. Maybe ask for Paul? They just annoy me.

@macgyverswife, I am glad that you watched it with the captions on and only heard "Nicole." On a different board, multiple people claim they heard him call her "Anna" on Friday. Regardless, it is not the real Nicole, especially given the way she was talking about Holly.

I do hope that Dr. Do Nothing Sarah is a better daughter than a doctor and can help her mother who is seriously hurting.

Poor Rex to have to say those stupid lines again about how he is there to take care of his Sarah.

Also watch with captions on. Friday, and again today when the scene was repeated, what Xander called her was PARTNER. Since he has an accent, guess some viewers might have thought he said Anna...but did not sound like that to me.

And all day today, repeatedly, he called her Nicole.

I am wondering about something. Could/would it be possible that while Nicole/Xander have a plan of some kind, which they are working on together..........that Nicole has a master plan, one that doesn't include Xander, but convinces him to work with her towards her end. She possibly could be intending to put one over on him as well as the others.

Thanks for the summary. A part of me would like for this to not be the real Nicole but then that would probably mean Nicole is really dead. Also, I can't tolerate Kristen, if she should be an imposter. I can't think of a way through this that I like.

Poirot and Lil0, I do like your idea of Nicole putting one over on Xander. Maybe she has a plan for getting him out of her life.

Thanks for clearing that up, @macgyverswife and Poirot. I do like the idea of Nicole double-crossing Xander, but I just can't see her saying those things about Holly. I do prefer that idea to it being a fake Nicole. I also wondered if she could've been brainwashed or hypnotized or something, but we already have that going on, and they wouldn't ever want to overuse a plot device, right?

Thanks, Poirot.

It's been a very long day and night in Salem.

I enjoyed Xander/Nicole. She said some odd things. Referred to Holly as a whiny brat.
Then she said Eric moved on really fast after losing the love of his life. It was
interesting she said it in third person and didn't say me when she said it.

I laughed when Victor told Maggie that if Xander and Nicole had a fight she
would win and be home for cocktail time.

Poor Maggie, Her life has turned upside down in two days. Holly is dead, Kate is
at Titan and now her figurine is broke. She needs to make appt with Marlena.

Nicole trying to one-up the X-man would be the best twist, so it won't happen.

An impostor is likely, but would be absolutely ridiculous. Enough already!

The most plausible implausibility they could come up with is trauma induced psychosis.

I'd lay my bets on B were I a betting man.

I'm so afraid you are probably right!

I think whatever is going on with Nicole, Xander is on it. Nicole calling Holly a whiny little brat would be inconsistent with the Nicole he lived with when he was blackmailing her to be his wife. Of course, with these writers anything is possible.

I'm hoping it's a brainwash situation only because that would make the most sense. Or perhaps a double and Holly is with the real Nicole. If it is double, I hope they aren't saying this is Kristen since the actresses have different body types.

Agree about body types. The last actress playing Kristen was super scrawny, not like Nicole.

When they have doppelganger stories and those people sleep with their significant other, No one notices one tiny difference. It's beyond ridiculous.

The writing for Hope, once beloved and feisty, has transformed her into an unrecognizable harpy, sad sack, sour puss. Give this woman a totally new line of work. Get her out of the police station. It was ok when she was young and Bo was on the police force. Now it is so much law breaking and over the top self-righteousness. She goes after Ben non stop but can't see her granddaughter is nuts. She has her daughter-in-law overnight divorce papers and then hesitates signing them.

Back