Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 19, 2012

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 19, 2012

Tis a good day in Salem...no sign of EJ. LOL. John wakes up Marlena with single rose waved under her nose, the rest of the bouquet is in a vase in the living room. He wants to take her out to breakfast, if she is free. Absolutely. He goes to take a shower, his phone rings, she sees it is from Kristen, murmurs that Kristen just never gives up, and erases the message.
Over at Salem Hospital, Brady is being checked out by Cameron, who tells him to stay put, while he goes to check test results. Brady is impatient to leave, argues with Kristen a bit (she has come to check on him), and insists on getting up. He gets a bit woozy, but hides it. He & Kristen exchange a few more barbs, he wants her to stay away from his family, yada, yada. He now gets out of bed to get dressed, but when attempting to put on his shirt, nearly passes out. Kristen catches him, gets him to lay back on the bed. He thanks her. She calls John again, leaving a message. Brady snickers that John is not answering his phone for her.
But John & Marlena are having breakfast in Horton Square, with him talking of having resigned from the church board, won't ever have to see or talk to Kristen, and that suits him fine..... he goes for the paper, his phone rings, she starts to call him, but he doesn't hear. She grabs his phone, sees it is Kristen, notes he doesn't really want to talk to her anyway, and ...yep...deletes the message. After John returns, and having read his NY Times, he starts to suggest what they can do today, when Marlena's phone rings. It is Cameron, who is treating one of her patients for an ulcer, but Mr. Oswald won't stick to his diet, keeps sneaking stuff from the stash of things he brought in with him. She promises to come and talk to the man. Then Cam adds she can see Brady at the same time, is on the same floor. Marlena is shocked, as Cam explains about Brady saving a woman from a mugging, and getting a concussion. She tells John, who is angry no one called him, and they take off.

Gabi is in bed, a knock at her bedroom door, she calls out to Kayla that she knows she should be at work, but is sick. (LOL, telling that to a doctor) But it is Sonny, who knows she has a problem of some kind, Will talked to him. Gabi claims stomach flu, just as Nick comes in with a breakfast tray. Spotting Sonny, Nick says he knows Chad is Sonny's partner, and could he talk to Chad who has been harrassing Gabi. She tries to stop Nick, but he goes ahead. Her phone rings, Sonny & Nick go out in the hall, and talk.
And of course, nosy Sami is on the phone, checkin on Gabi, wanting to know if she told her brother, told the father, yada, yada. Gabi tries to tell her that she can't talk, someone is there, but Sami goes on for a bit, finally hanging up. Nick & Sonny return, Sonny is sorry, didn't realize Chad was the problem, promises to talk to him, and tells Gabi he remembers how she stood up for him when Tad was doing the gay bashing, and he won't ever forget it. He leaves. Nick says her breakfast is getting cold, takes off the cover,. she takes one look at the two sunny side up fried eggs and bacon. puts her hand over her mouth and takes off for the bathroom. When she returns, she says she thinks it is stomach flu. He kisses her on the forehead, not wanting to catch what she has, as then they both would be leaving the restaurant with no one. and he takes off.

Earlier, in Common Grounds, Sami sits with Will, all concerned about his friend Gabi, who has a problem, she cannot tell him what it is, but he should go see her, she needs help. Will has a few flashbacks of Gabi telling him about her pregnancy, promises he will go see Gabi. Sami inquires about Sonny, all is well. She wonders why Will doesn't seem to be so "up" if they had such a great time, but Will claims she'd not be too happy either if she had to read 4 chapters of Moby Dick by tomorrow. He leaves.

Over at the Pub, Ciara & Theo are coloring or something, Abe & Hope sit with them, talking a bit of Lexie. Abe & Hope go off to the side, he mentions Theo withdrawing, not talking much any more, especially about his mother, even his teachers have commented. He worries because he doesn't have the same connection with Theo that Lexie did. Hope figures all will be well. Kayla is working the morning shift, I guess, tells them she talked to Caroline's doctor, who said Caroline was the perfect candidate for their program. That she could possibly go home, and it would probably be better for her to be in familiar surroundings as she takes her meds, and they keep track of how it is going. Hope is thrilled, as it means Bo & Caroline will be coming home sooner than expected. Kayla mentions to Hope how well Nick is working out, Caroline did good in hiring him. She mentions Nick & Gabi prhaps having a "thing". Nick comes down, and now Hope takes him aside, tells him his parole officer is very proud of him, the adjustments he has made to living in Salem, etc. and of course, she is not prying, but has heard he has someone new in his life. Nick admits he does, says Gabi is the best thing that ever happened to him, but he knows she works with Rafe, and Gabi doesn't want him to know anything, as he is so overprotective.

Sami is now at work, flashing back to a conversation with Rafe, and decides to call him, asking him to come over, she is at work. Rafe arrives, comments on her nice office, asks if EJ is the problem. Nope, it is not him. This is so hard, she says, as she paces around, finally telling him that even though she promised to not saying anything, she thinks he should know. Rafe is looking puzzled, as Sami finally manages to get it out. You're her brother, you should know. This is about Gabi.

At the hospital, John has gone to see Brady, while Marlena is taken by Cameron to see Mr. Oswald. When Marlena returns, she runs into Kristen, who makes sure she lets Marlena know she brought Brady in to the hospital, and tried to reach John. Uh, oh, Marlena realizes what she did. Now Kristen is talking of not being Sami's boss any more, and hopes Marlena will realize she means her no harm. Marlena lets her know that she doesn't know what game Kristen is playing, but she isn't falling for it , and neither is John. She goes off to Brady's room, where John has been filled in by Brady as to the events last night. He chastises Brady for not remembering there are always two when it comes to mugging. Cam comes in, mentions Brady saving kristen Dimera's life, goes to check his x-rays, will be back. John is astonished...Kristen??? Brady explains he just happened along. Marlena wants to talk to John privately out in the hall, it is important, but John is ranting about no one calling him, and how he cannot understand why Kristen did not call. Marlena again asks him to go out in the hall with her, but....too late. In walks Kristen, who has heard this, and protests that she DID call John, left several messages.

It now is Will's turn to show up at Gabi's door. She hugs him, they talk of what they can do, how this pregnancy will impact their lives. Will promises to stand by her, no matter what. She will not be alone. His mom spent a lot of time being alone, and he saw what it did, and vows he will never let that happen to her. He suggests perhaps they could get married, that is, if she wanted to. Gabi laughs.....the proposal every girl dreams of. He is sorry, she apologizes for laughing, but tells him no. She does love him, but is IN love with Nick, and knows that Will is in love with Sonny.
Again Will is talking of being there with her, every single step of the way. Gabi says she has been thinking about all of it, that Will knows as well as she does, there is another solution. She gets up, goes over to her laptop, says she has been doing some research. Will comes over, both are looking at the laptop screen. Will is silent, then looks at Gabi. "An abortion"???

A day without EJ? Oh no! I will still watch but definitely later in the night instead of going home from work and watching. Thanks for the recap.

wow... I think I will watch this show.... sounds like 80% of it revolves around people caring about each other and not being snarky and mean to each other.... Holy cow.....

I watched most of the show today and I really liked it. Especially Will and Gabi. I really liked the way he is taking responsiblity for this pregnancy. But they both should sit Nick and Sonny down and tell them, cause I don't see an abortion happening. Not now that Sami might tell Rafe about Gabi's pregnancy.

What's up with will's sexuality? Rolling around with guys and sleeping with Gabby ? Asking to marry her? He's either bisexual or very confused!! I find this stupid!

Not the best, but nothing really cringeworthy this date. However there's too much tactical misdirection for my tastes in the overall direction these stories are heading. :(

What's up with will's sexuality? [snip] He's either bisexual or very confused!! I find this stupid!

Yeah, it is pretty stupid. That being said, the last time Will and Gabi had sex was right after Will came out and Tad had been pretty hard on him. He admitted later that he was trying to prove to himself that he wasn't gay, but it didn't work. Fortunately for him, Gabi was equally needy that night. It was right after Chad found out about her involvement with Andrew. Will and Gabi both agreed that they were using each other that night.

Edited to add: I was amused by Nick kissing Gabi so that he wouldn't catch what she has. I hate to break it to him, but if she had a stomach virus, or something else contagious, they were swapping spit when she would have been contagious.

Back