Days of Our Lives - Mon.,Nov. 5, 2018

Breaking Ben out of a mental hospital to recreate strangling her son, Will, just so Will might remember her (since he had amnesia) has to be right up there next to her treatment of Allie. Actually, above it.

I started watching DOOL on Day One but, admittedly stopped watching for years at a time, but I still saw enough of Sami Brady to know that she was never a good mother. Her children always seemed to be bargaining chips or inconveniences that she pawned off on family members to take care of while she did her "Sami Brady" thing. As I see it, she never put her children first, and the ones she had with EJ are definitely her favorites. She treats Allie like the red-headed step-child.
As far as “mother of year awards“ go she would never receive one of those, but honestly there are no “good mothers“ in Salem. I can find flaws with them all. When I talk about her as a mother I exclude everything that happened with Will because they really have more of a sibling relationship. As they both have said, “we grew up together”, and I don’t know a lot of good teenage moms.

Sami being Sami just made it more difficult. From 2007-2011, I thought she did her best to be there for each of her children and treat them equally. There was many things that happened that were out of her control. Of course in late 2011, all of her progress as a mother and just a better person in general went up in flames. When they made it their mission to have EJ and Sami together, Allie began becoming an afterthought, and when people complained, instead giving us Allie & Lucas, they gave us Allie & EJ the loving stepfather. It burns me up when people comment and tweet Lucas was never there for her or EJ and her had a better bond.

Anyway, I believe Alice Horton’s namesake (Allie) will never turn on Sami and if she does it won’t be for long. I feel like Sydney is the one that will give Sami problems because she will be spoiled and chaos has surrounded her since they decided to write Alison Sweeney's (Sami) pregnancy in, if we ever get to see them as teens

Last edited by a moderator:
Back