Days of Our Lives - Mon., Sept. 23, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, September 23, 2019

Kristen & Xander flounder a bit when Sarah walks in, wanting to know what they were talking about her. But they manage to come up with Kristen wanting to be a better person, convincing both Maggie & Sarah to support in this, thus showing Brady she is changing her ways. Yes, rolling eyes here. Sarah gets a call, leaves.Kristen continues to browbeat Xander into helping her get Brady, and keep quiet about her plans. He is appalled she wants to take Sarah's baby, pass it off as hers and Brady's. He will tell Sarah her plans. Kristen will tell Eric that Sarah is pregnant with his child. Standoff. Xander caves, o.k., will help. Kristen wants him to find out date & time of Sarah's abortion appt., she will arrange to have Rolf there.

At DiMansion, Vivian & Stefan argue a bit about her trying to kill Kate. (Vivian is pretty nasty today). Stefan throws the scrubs & badge on a chair, warning his mother she has to cool it. Outside the door, Will is listening in, Gabi comes down the stairs, he claims at first he came to see Ari, who is on a play date which Will knew about. He admits he was listening, and why. He talks of Kate being in the coma, his dad arriving, etc. She hugs him, as Viv comes out with Stefan, Viv almost blathers about “cheating” bur doesn't. Will accuses, Stefan defends, Eli & Lani there, questioned, searched, nothing there. Viv realizes the scrubs are on the chair, sits on top of them. Will eventually leaves, Gabi runs after him, Viv warning Stefan he has to keep his wife in line, blah, blah. Gabi returns, more of the same conversations.

At the Pub, Brady sits with his coffee, flashing back to his almost romp with Kristen, Sonny comes up. He came for some food, Lucas has arrived, Kate in coma, Julie not doing well, he will be returning. They talk a bit about nasty Kristen, walking around free when she should be behind bars. Brady says yeah, Jack made a deal, she came thru. Rolf is working on restoring Jack's memory, Nicole & Holly are back, she testified to back up Tony so he is free, on his way to Anna. Sonny notes he sounds like he is defending Kristen, yeah, he guesses he is, tells Sonny that he still feels the pull of Kristen, tho he won't act on it at all.

At the hospital, Kayla tells Lucas that Kate cannot breathe on her own, is on machines until he decides otherwise. He questions what she means, but Kayla knows Kate has him listed as her proxy for all medical decisions. Lucas notes last year, when Marlena was on life support, Kate said she got the miracle, as God figured she was a good person, Kate knows she herself is no such thing. Doesn't want to be on machines, etc.

Hope visits Julie, promising Gab will not be visiting her again. Hope notes Rafe believed Gabi thought Julie was faking, etc. so did Hope, until she walked in, finding Gabi yelling at her. Julie makes her usual disparaging remarks about Gabi, including how she promised to haunt her. She asks Hope to take care of Doug, pick up his shirts at cleaners, take dirty ones there, stuff she always did for him, but can't right now. Hope is supportive, not to worry, & she won't have to deal with Gabi who has been warned to stay away.

She goes out, sees Lucas, he wants to go in to visit Julie, does so. Julie happy to see him, he says he came to visit his mom, Julie makes a couple joking remarks, obviously not knowing what happened to Kate. Lucas, haltingly, fills her in. Lucas is near tears throughout his scenes, and with Julie, is no exception.

Brady comes home, just as Kristen is leaving. Xander claims he was just about to kick her out, Brady can do the honors, he leaves. Brady tells Kristen she cannot keep following him, but she is going. She figures they do belong together, eventually Brady will realize that. Out she goes.

Xander goes upstairs to Sarah's room, making sure she is o.k. She is fine, confirmed her appt. for tomorrow. He urges her to be sure this is what she wants to do, yes she does. He offers to take her, promising that if this is what she wants, he is with her every step of the way. She thanks him, covers his hand with hers.

Will fills in Sonny on his visit to DiMansion, the denial of any wrong doing by Vivian & Stefan, his conviction they are lying.

Gabi talks with Stefan, says she knows Viv is his mother, but Stefan is going to be an accessory and go to jail, if the truth comes out. Stefan sweet talks his wife, they end up kissing.

Lucas comes out of Julie's room, joins Kayla & Hope. Talk is of Julie's condition, needing a heart, Kayla telling Hope Julie doesn't have long. Lucas is conflicted, seems to be breaking down, but cue Hope & Kayla's shocked expressions, as he manages to get out something about perhaps Julie could have Kate's heart!

Gotta agree about Lucas.......he definitely should be back with the show full time. He can and does deliver!
Felt overall, the show was much too sad & depressing. Days just cannot seem to get the idea of balance.
Alfred Hitchcock, making all his great suspenseful movies, said you absolutely have to inject moments of comedy, laughter when doing the kind of suspense he did.
And same goes for Days......there should have been some "light" scenes, happy or funny ones, and Julie yakking about Doug's shirts was not it. Neither was Viv's rants.

It sure seems that we have seen Vivian a lot! I know the actress said she filmed 15 shows, but I guess it depends on how those scenes were cut and where they were inserted, but it is more than time for her to leave. She is NOT Vivian. She is a total nut job, where the REAL Vivian was much more nuanced in her performance. I certainly miss Louise Sorel (the real Vivian).

I really want to go back and watch Brady and Kristen in the beginning. I don't remember him being totally absolutely in love with her but that sure is the way they are playing it. And it's weird that the actors' ages are only like 3 years apart when the characters ages have to be 30!!

Lucas is doing great. He is breaking my heart with his grief about Kate. I do not see Julie getting Kate's heart though. I hate they are doing this to Julie.

I also do not see that Sarah is actually going go through with terminating her pregnancy. I just don't think soaps go there, to something so controversial. But she sure is warming up to Xander! I truly believe it will be his baby. She is convinced it's Eric's. No doubt in her mind which just makes me believe that it is not true. Usually the woman is questioning it but she's not. Gotta be Xander's!!

I just don't think soaps go there, to something so controversial.
Mimi aborted Rex's baby, which was eventually the reason he left her.
And it's weird that the actors' ages are only like 3 years apart when the characters ages have to be 30!!
Kristen should be at least 30 years older than Brady. But due to the double-SORAS of the Brady character and the apparent "de-aging" of Kristen due to the recast, they're now roughly the same age.

Eileen Davidson (original Kristen) is 60; Stacy Haiduk (current Kristen) is 51; and Eric Martsolf (Brady) is 48.

Lucas is delivering in a bad story. He should be on contract.

If Sarah was going to air today, the doctor scenes comforting Lucas should have been hers, since they are family.

I don't like Xander knuckling under with Kristen or anything related to it.

Yes to all of this! The only thing in this episode that sounds good to me is, once again, Lucas.

I can't stand that Xander got sucked into Kristen's latest scheme. Regardless of how it plays out with Sarah's baby, it is disappointing that she will at some point find out what Xander has done, and then she'll have reason to despise him.

Today, the writers offered up more of Kristen's sick plotting, Vivian's blathering, and two death watches. Have the writers forgotten that they are supposed to entertain the viewers, not disgust or depress them. Instead this dreary fare, something like the following would have been far better.
  • The sound of Lucas's voice revives Kate who names Vivian as her shooter. Eli and Lani then haul a squawking Viv off to the Salem jail.
  • The odd couple, Xander and Brady, team up to bring down sick Kristen once and for all.
  • Dr. Rolf concocts a healthy-heart potion that instantly repairs Julie's ticker. She leaps from her bed and leaves the hospital on Doug's arm.
As for today's unpleasant reality, here are a few comments.

Xander: He needs some sessions with Marlena. After playing the bad guy for so long, his mind can't process any line of thought that's based on common morality.

Will: He should quit questioning Gabi about Viv. Zero could invoke spousal privilege to prevent her from testifying about anything she's learned from him about the Kate shooting. In addition, Gabi can't testify as to Vivian's guilt because what she'd say would be inadmissible hearsay.

If Sarah was going to air today, the doctor scenes comforting Lucas should have been hers, since they are family.

Wait they are family??? really???? :sarcasm:

These writers don't do normal family connections..... they do weird family..... appearing never before heard of children.... you know... things like that...

Thanks, Poirot.

Lucas was the best part of the show.

Kayla told Lucas out in the open what was wrong with Julie. I guess it's
ok he knows, but does the whole hospital need to know?

Too bad Will didn't have his phone on to record the conversation he
heard at the door.

I bet Xander felt bad about working with Kristen when Sarah touched his hand.

Lucas told Kayla an interesting statement Kate told him after Marlena
woke
from her coma. "God spared Marlena because she was a good person, but
God would not do that to her (Kate)"

Back