Days of Our Lives - Mon., Sept. 9, 2019

OH, VIV GOT A SHOT...........she was then pacing, the door opened and she said "YOU"!!!
She wasn't pacing, she was on the gurney, weakly looking around when the door opened.
Back to Vivian on the cot, rather groggy. She looks around the sparsely furnished room. Door opens, she looks, is shocked. “YOU”!!
801af70b75c0f5d158dd1cf32ef18445.jpg

https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/recaps/27147/vivian-alamain-is-alive/

According to Susan, Will was not dead, tho seemed so evidently to Ben. He got a shot to make him appear definitely dead to others, thus taken to morgue, where Susan & Dr. Rolf went in, gave him the shot to bring him out of it all, and took him to Nashville. Now I have no idea who was in the coffin if anyone, at the funeral. That, of course, never was explained.
As to Kate, she obviously is not dead, since she seems to be clawing her way out of that makeshift shallow grave. Without any sort of miracle serum.

Apparently my memory, tho, is rather faulty, so perhaps this all did not happen in this way.

I didn’t like Lani telling Rafe he had to do something about his sister!

Also I fast forwarded Eric/Nicole scenes but watched Sarah/Xander scenes! What world am I in where I prefer Sarah? I really don’t but it was all Xander and listening to Eric explain about Sarah was painful!

You could be right, Poirot. I recall they made a big deal out of the two shots being the reason Will's resurrection worked. (At the time it seemed they were keeping his return/resurrection "special".) If I'm right, the writers are ignoring it. If you're right, the writers are taking the easy way out. Either way it really isn't important now! :)

Perhaps someday, when I'm really bored, I'll dig through archives to watch exactly what was said.

Jason....from Wikipedia...

2017–
In 2017, it is revealed that Will (now Chandler Massey) did not die when he was strangled. When Will had entered Ben's apartment, he was being followed by Susan Banks (Eileen Davidson), who was planning to abduct Will in an act of revenge against Sami, whom she blamed for her son EJ's death. When Ben slipped out after strangling Will, Susan and her associate Dr Wilhelm Rolf (who had revived Sami's step-dad John back when he was thought to be dead) secretly entered, and Dr Rolf found Will to be unconscious but breathing. He then injected Will with something that would make him appear to be dead. After Lucas and Sami had viewed Will in the morgue, Dr Rolf (William Utay)[124] revived Will. It turns out that Will's family unwittingly buried an empty coffin at his funeral, and Will, who had lost all his memories, was taken by Susan, who took care of him, but made him believe that he was her son EJ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Horton

While that site's not entirely accurate (Susan wanted to abduct Will and kill him since she blamed Sami for EJ's death), I guess I added in my brain that the reason it worked was because it was two shots. That is - that the only reason they could resurrect him was because he hadn't actually been dead.

After reading two months' worth of transcripts (of an especially yucky time in the show's history), I can't find any character who said that. So I'll desist.

As Barb noted, there were definitely 2 shots. One to make him appear dead before he was taken to the morgue, and then later, one to revive him:
Seems Susan & Rolf were keeping an eye on Will, and saw him go into this apartment. Some guy eventually came out, looking upset, but not Will, so they went in, found Will on the floor, but he was breathing and stable. Rolf decides to inject Will with something that would make him appear dead to everyone, and they skedaddle, leaving Will on the floor. Then later, at the morgue, Rolf injects something to bring Will back, which he does almost instantly, however, unfortunately, with no memories. Thus Susan was able to fill his head with the EJ talk. Roger says the casket they put in the ground was empty, Will was already with Susan.

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/days-of-our-lives-mon-nov-20-2017.30745/

Here's the transcript:

http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/days/older/2017/trans-da-11-21-17.shtml

Yes, there were two shots for Will. But I had mistakenly thought that two were necessary to revive a Salemite. That's clearly not correct.

It would seem the first shot for Will wasn't actually necessary, if Vivian, EJ, Jack, et. al., could be resurrected with just one shot. And I'm still not clear on whether or not the shot Kristen gave EJ in the morgue revived him, or preserved him and he was later resurrected.

(Never thought I'd type that sentence.)

But I had mistakenly thought that two were necessary to revive a Salemite.
I see what you mean now. Seems like Will was the only one to get 2 shots, but the first one was just to make him appear dead before he was transported to the morgue. I guess it was like the herbs Vivian gave to Carly to make her appear dead at her funeral, before burying her alive.

And I'm still not clear on whether or not the shot Kristen gave EJ in the morgue revived him, or preserved him and he was later resurrected.
We were never shown that. Just her giving him the shot and saying something like "hope this works" and that was it. My guess would be the shot was to revive him. But it's open to interpretation.

Gosh, I always wanted it to be to preserve the body for the trip to Italy, while Stefano gave fake ashes to Sami. (Stefano wanted EJ buried in the DiMera Mausoleum in his estate there)

Back