Days of Our Lives - Monday, 8/29/16

Because they're first cousins????
Thanks for the reminder of Salem's tangled family trees. That said, a quick bit of research shows that if Teen Ciara and bad boy Joey wish about to defy Salem conventions and become man and wife, they could run off to Aunt Simone's nest of teen felons because first-cousin marriage is legal in California.* Should Ciara decide not to horrify Hope, Steve, and Kayla by seeking matrimony with Joey, she could ask him if he had any friends who are as "bad" as he is or check out the whereabouts of bad boy Cole the infamous Town Square tree vandal.

* First-cousin marriage in the different states is the subject of a Wikipedia article and accompanying color map, which are at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state.

I know I'm far in the minority here but Joey is not screwed up because of Jade. He screwed around with Ava, then messed up his parents' lives, then murdered Ava before Jade even entered the picture.

I must be in the minority too, because I agree that Joey has had anger issues ever since he came on the scene as a SORAS'ed teen last August and that Jade's influence came after he murdered Ava. I give Marlena a pass though thinking Joey's problems were caused with Jade being a bad influence because I don't think she is aware that Joey killed Ava (everyone in Salem besides his parents, Jade, and Roman think Steve killed her) so she might feel that all of Joey's issues started once Jade showed up (his vandalism of the car, running away to California and joining the commune).

I have not enjoyed Steve and Kayla's story for months. I don't think Steve was comfortable about therapy but Kayla seems to think Steve needs more help in their relationship. I agreed with Steve that he left his job that he loves, he moved out of the house, but it's not enough for Kayla. She's critical about all of his decisions. I hope their story changes soon because it is not working right now.

Why, oh why, do we have to keep Dario and lose Eduardo? I like Eduardo and his place on the show, but Dario has become a waste of space. I really hope Gabi realizes after what that creep told her that Dario was involved with that thug attacking Gabi and with Rafe's help they figure out that Dario has been the one sending the notes to Eduardo.

I am not enjoying Sonny's return so far. I don't like how cynical he has become and I don't think Paul likes it either. I would rather see Sonny with Ari or visiting Chad to sympathize with him over Abby's death, as he knows that pain so well after losing Will. But, just like Brady, Sonny is all about Victor and he forgets his other family ties.

Interesting thought. Eduardo pretends to leave to watch his family.

I'm wondering if this was a way for A Martinez (Eduardo) to leave to film "Longmire"
That show is returning late September.

Eduardo has rarely been on/used, so am sure the actor has had plenty of time to film Longmire. LOL

I agree that Eduardo telling his family he is leaving doesn't mean he actually leaves town.

And yes, Blanca is gone.....another character that just vanishes with no fanfare. They did make sure they said she was moving into her own place, at least she got that. LOL

this is the last week of stories Griffith/Milstein penned, so am thinking there is wrap up going on.

And yes, Blanca is gone.....another character that just vanishes with no fanfare. They did make sure they said she was moving into her own place, at least she got that. LOL

this is the last week of stories Griffith/Milstein penned, so am thinking there is wrap up going on.
Jason47 said Blanca is not gone yet (from the screen, maybe she is done taping, but not done showing her).

I'm wondering if this was a way for A Martinez (Eduardo) to leave to film "Longmire".
That show is returning late September.

I cannot think of another show gloomier than Days right now except for "Longmire". There is not one person on that show that smiles or has any happiness. Gloomy filming and characters.

HOWEVER, it would be awesome if Eduardo did his own investigating, or used Paul/John to figure out who is threatening his family.

Back