Days of our Lives - Monday, August 7, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
42 minutes; call this 3 proposals, 2 acceptances and shenanigans at the Salem Inn.

Chicago, per the title card. Maggie is on the phone, she’s is making a quick visit with Sarah and is telling the person on the other end of the phone that she wouldn’t dream of missing Victor’s welcome home party and of course Alex is invited, and to have cook prepare all of Victor’s favorites. She hangs up, she was talking to Justin. Sarah comes in with a bag of groceries covering her baby bump. Maggie tells Sarah to come clean.

Xander wants an answer from Chloe, the floor is murder on his knee. Chloe turns Xander down. She thinks it may have something to do with Gwen.

Gwen and the knucklehead twins at the Salem Inn.

Nicole is having flashbacks of Old Face Eric talking about proposing to Sloan. EJ disturbs her thoughts.

Sloan and Melinda are at Sloan’s place when New Face Eric arrives (Greg Vaughan, who plays Eric, was temporarily recast while he was recovering from Covid). Melinda suddenly has to suddenly leave; New Face Eric wants to know what they were meeting over? Melinda tells Sloan to just tell Eric the truth.

Nicole is whining to EJ over Eric proposing to Sloan.

Maggie does the mother hen ting to Sarah, who figures that it’s about the baby. But nope, Maggie wants to know why Sarah is keeping the news that Sarah is back with Rex? Sarah is happy and continues to hug the bag of groceries hiding her baby bump.

Xander wants to know why Chloe would think this proposal would be about Gwen? Chloe explains. Xander tries to explain that they have had the best 3 months together. Chloe finds out about Sarah and Rex.

Leo opens the door and Gwen pushes her way into the room. The room is a mess. Gwen hears a noise from the loo. (bathroom)

Xander and Chloe continue this silly proposal. Chloe has the Salem Brain for this wild and wacky moment.

Maggie and Sarah have an uncomfortable conversation. Maggie insists Sarah put the groceries down. Maggie sees the baby bump and realizes that Sarah is “that serious” with Rex.

Sloan and Melinda tell New Face Eric that Sloan met with the judge behind Melinda’s back trying to get a better sentence for her brother. Melinda will look the other way since the two of them have so much to look forward to.

Nicole continues to try to explain that she doesn’t care anything about Eric. EJ isn’t buying it.

New Face Eric and Sloan say goodbye to Melinda. Sloan walks her out and they chat pointlessly in the hallway that Eric is the father of Nicole’s baby. Sloan returns to the apartment where New Face Eric is down on one knee with a ring.

EJ and Nicole discuss wedding proposals. EJ gets a box; Nicole wants to know if it’s what she thinks it is? It’s a huge ring inside a little black box. EJ tells Nicole she is the one he wants to be with FOREVER.

Gwen goes to the bathroom knocks on the door, she wants to meet Matty’s MP, "Matthew not from Friends Perry". Leo looks sad.

Xander tries to explain to Chloe that he really does want to share his life with her. It goes well till he mentions wanting kiddies.

Maggie is upset that Sarah has been keeping the pregnancy from her. Maggie figures out that the baby is not Rex’s, but it’s Xander’s child. Sarah gets cranky over that thought. Then she admits that the baby is Xander’s. (Fashion folks, what is Sarah wearing? Check out the shoes) Sarah tells Maggie that she can never tell Xander that the baby is his.

Xander wants kids, he doesn’t want to be an old geezer hauling his oxygen tank to his kindergarten class. He listens to Chloe talk with Parker and he knows she’s a great mom and he wants her to be the mother of his kids.

Leo has some lame butt excuse about MP and the fact that MP is a married man and his wife doesn’t know about this side of his life. Gwen tells him that he, Leo, deserves happiness and to go for it. Dimitri comes out and kisses Leo deeply.

Nicole looks at the ring and is shocked.

Sloan asks New Face Eric if this is for real?

We toggle between all engagements.

The request is made, the women gasp.

Sloan attacks New Face Eric with her YES response.

Nicole tells EJ he doesn’t have to be on one knee.

Melinda tries to text Sloan but changes her mind, Melinda runs into Gwen as they walk through the square. Gwen gloats over her marriage.

Dimitri has booked Leo a flight and a hotel room to Iceland. Before Dimitri leaves, he tells Leo to pack a sweater.

Chloe isn’t all that certain that they should be married. Xander says that he and Chloe are the most unlikely couple ever. No one would have ever picked them to be a couple. Chloe tells Xander she’s not accepting his proposal.

Maggie can’t believe Sarah thinks she can get away with keeping Xander away from his child. Sarah has Xander’s number and he will never change (you know, the whole bad guy, kidnapping, murder thing). Sarah tells Maggie it’s one thing for Xander to lie and break her heart, but to have Xander lie and break an innocent child’s heart? Sarah will never let Xander be a part of this child’s life.

Xander is confused about Chloe turning him down. Chloe wants Xander to take some time before he is certain that she is the one.

Sarah tries to explain that the baby’s safety is more important than letting Xander know about the baby. Maggie has Sarah’s number on Rex and now the fact that Sarah can never come home. Maggie tells Sarah that Xander has moved on with Chloe. Maggie also knows that if Xander finds out about the baby all bets are off, but Maggie won’t tell him about the baby. That has come from Sarah.

Gwen and Dimitri talk of the honeymoon at the DiMera mansion, while Leo decides he’s not a good person, but he’s predictable. Leo starts packing.

New Face Eric and Sloan are in bed. New Face Eric slips the ring on Sloan’s finger and they kiss.

Nicole accepts EJ’s proposal. They kiss.

Glad you could keep track of the rings, the fingers, the knees, etc. Such a whirlwind of proposals. LOL

(As an aside, do people really get down on one knee these days to propose.......seems it is the only way to do so on soaps, but can't say it was that way in real life for anyone I know, including me.)

(As an aside, do people really get down on one knee these days to propose.......seems it is the only way to do so on soaps, but can't say it was that way in real life for anyone I know, including me.)
I know many people who have done the bended knee proposal in real life. I've seen a lot of videos online and on TV where it's been done, too.

A friend of mine got down on one knee in a restaurant to propose to his girlfriend. She was mortified and was hissing at him to get back in his chair because people were staring. :rotfl: (she said yes, but only after he sat down again, though)

One time a co-worker's boyfriend put a huge sign on his truck that said "Will you marry me?" and parked it outside the window by her desk. He had arranged it with our manager, who had taken the girl into another room to distract her while he parked outside the window. She gasped when she saw it, then he came into the office and got down on one knee in front of all of us.

Thank you, Robin!

That was some montage of proposals!

I'm glad Chloe said no. She was so right when she told Xander why.

Thought New Face Eric, Jason Gerhardt, did a good job. No scowling, so far.

I'm glad Maggie finally knows the truth about Sarah. Does Sarah think she can really pull off this deception forever?

How the heck does Dimitri think he can fool around with Leo in Iceland? In the same hotel, no less. That is just outrageous. I really hope they are finally caught. Gwen is so happy, and Leo is not feeling guilty enough, putting his own pleasures over the happiness of his good friend.

Yes, at ballgames, anywhere that it might get on TV!!!

Hate to say it, but really like the new Eric!!! No more scowl. Yes, I know he's temperary.

Last edited:
It was 18 years ago, but my husband got down on one knee in my condo when he proposed.

Rings, rings, and more rings. How would semi-employed Eric’s rate — the finest plastic straight from the cereal box compared to rings from the most exclusive jewelry stores.

Are the writers going to force the viewers to see more of Sarah? She brings new meaning to the word downer. If she sticks around it wil be nothing but bad news for the poor X-man.

So Dimitri is bringing Leo along on his honeymoon. This has to be a new low in the fine art of cheating. It would serve him right if Leo is swept off his feet by some Icelandic hunk.

Thanks, robin.

I like temporary Eric because he smiles.

It was funny when Melinda told Gwen she can't wait for her and her new hubby do something wrong together. She wants
them to have a trial together.

I'm glad Chloe told Xander no. Will Xander find about his baby with Sarah before he asks again?

Does Chloe love Xander or is he a friend with benefits?

Hopefully, Dimitri got Leo a ticket on a different plane than the one he's taking with Gwen.

How long will Maggie keep the secret about Xander being the baby daddy of Sarah's baby?

Will Eric find out he's the baby daddy of Nicole's baby before he marries Sloan and Nicole marries EJ?

I already like the new (temporary) Eric better. Can we keep him please? No offense to Greg Vaughan (Eric) and I hope he has a speedy and complete recovery. Maybe it can turn out that Sami and Eric were actually triplets? Or that the Eric that came back from Africa isn't really Eric, another doppelganger story? A girl can dream.

Back