Days of our lives - Monday August 8, 2022

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Belle at Marlena’s Brady brings her coffee. They talk about nothing important.

Li Shin wakes up to a out of bed Gabi, they discuss Ava and Ava’s move to the DiMera house

EJ talks to his father’s picture EJ is going to keep the family and company together

Dr. Rolf and Kristen discuss the missing Jake body.

Ava didn’t call prior to showing up. EJ and Ava talk Robo John, the memory light John. EJ goes on and on about how Ava’s comfort is Harold’s first order. Ava is on to EJ (who wouldn’t be?)

Li and Gabi talk about how horrible Ava is/was/is

Kristen gets her panties in a twist that both of her brothers are dead, but then voila there is Stefan still unconscious in bed

Brady asks about Jan’s baby with Evan? Belle is confused about Shawn and her feelings.

Shawn pours his heart out with Jada. Jada talks about killing Tattoo Guy and trying to move forward

EJ and Ava discuss Ava voting out Gabi at the shareholder’s meeting.

Gabi and Li continue to talk about Ava and EJ. Li suggests Gabi blackmail Ava, for some reason this gets them hot and bothered so back to bed.

Rafe sings the praises of Jada, then they all praise each other. Rafe then thinks that Shawn and Jada could be partners.

Belle and Brady talk about Shawn when Evan took the baby. Belle still has this baby all about her.

Chloe is knocking on the door as Belle opens it. Chloe and Brady talk about no Kristen at the office.

Rolf, Kristen and Stefan hang out. (Rolf’s ponytail is tucked into his shirt, weird)

Afterglow Li and Gabi they discuss Ava (weird)

EJ show’s Ava to her room. It’s a pleasant yellow, with a view of the garden. It is the room Abigail was murdered in. Ava reacts to sleeping in a bed where someone died. EJ responds, what are the odds that a second beautiful woman would be killed in here?

Belle has shown up at the DiMera estate.

Shawn and Jada are now partners. After some silliness.

Brady and Chloe discuss how weird Kristen is acting.

There is a slight problem with Stefan, Kristen and Rolf argue.

Brady and Chloe continue to discuss Kristen, Chloe is off the mark on this one.

Rolf tells Kristen he can’t rush waking him. Stefan is on anti-rejection drugs. Rolf says we need to let the heart become used to the new body. Rolf tosses the name Chloe at Kristen she reacts as you’d expect.

Ava is now unpacking in the Dead Abigail suite. Gabi calls Ava, they have a useless non story movement conversation.

The new partners and Rafe continue a stupid conversation, but Rafe wants Abigail’s murder is case #1. But the partners discuss, why Jada came to Salem. Shawn tells of fishing with Hunter. Jada is shocked to see Shawn’s ring, Jada is upset that Shawn is married. It’s complicated, per Shawn. So much for Abigail’s murder being item #1.

Belle brings EJ up to speed on the baby’s real father. EJ is cruel in his response about Shawn’s brain. EJ asks if Belle and Shawn are going to get back to business. Jake died without a will. Ava walks into the conversation.

Chloe and Brady continue to talk about Kristen and the other shoe to drop, Brady set up a swear jar. But every time one of them says Kristen a kiss takes place, and this heads to a bunch of noisy kisses, these hard-working people kiss their way to the bedroom

Kristen is still angry at Rolf. Rolf is carrying out Stefano’s dream. Kristen leaves she has something to do. OH Goodie, because yelling at Rolf was so effective.

Gabi is working at the hotel, and her brother drops by with her mail. Gabi has been shacking up with this Shin Dude since Ari left for camp, so there is a lot of mail. Rafe invited Shin and Gabi to dinner with his and his wife as soon as they can arrange a date. Rafe asks how Gabi is doing. Gabi tells Rafe that she was upset that Jake died. The Jake/Ava marriage is a topic of conversation.

Ava wants to know what happens to Jake’s shares. Belle has a document for Ava to sign formalizing the transfer of shares. Belle gives Ava the stock certificates tells Ava to put them some place safe. Belle leaves. Ava decides to hold onto her stocks, this upsets EJ

The new police partners talk as Belle walks in the introductions go poorly.

But Chloe puts a stop to Brady going all the way to the bedroom.

As Brady and Chloe go to leave Kristen is knocking on the door. Evil Glares all around.

EJ opens a bottle of champagne for Ava. They toast and drink.

Rafe compliments the hotel room. He wants to know what’s happening. Rafe gets all big brothery towards her. Questions spout forth from Rafe, do you love him? Gabi isn’t sure she’s looking for love. Stefan was the great love of her life.

Rolf is checking on Stefan when the door closes, I told you I have everything under control, Kristen. It’s not Kristen, replies Shin.

Why is Ava "family" because she was (allegedly) married to a Dimera for a day, yet that Dimera himself was never treated as family by EJ? Neither is Gabi—who was obviously and legitimately married to Stefan. And Chad, who was a Dimera Stefano knew and loved, gets kicked out for believing the devil's deception and committing what would be a mild infraction on EJ's list of sins. I know EJ is making things up to trick Ava, who is no fool, but on the face of it, his story is ridiculous. Putting her in a room where a woman was murdered a couple of weeks ago is just the cherry on the sundae. EJ is usually a better liar. I'm disappointed.

I don't understand the conversation Kristen had with Rolf. What is she doubting? He performed a heart transplant with two zombie corpses yesterday, and she needs him to wake Stefan up to prove what? If he wanted to screw things up, he could have just said the whole thing didn't work. Instead, we see healthy, muscled, non-bedsored Stefan in bed with a light gauze wrap. They might as well just put a Mickey Mouse Band-Aid in the center of his chest. Under no circumstances do I believe Jake's body is at the morgue. They'll slap a baboon heart in him and jumpstart it with the repair shop's jumper cables next week if it's convenient for the plot. Just a nonsense scene on a nonsense day.

I did enjoy the brief reminder after weeks and weeks that Rafe and Gabi are brother and sister. Why is she at the hotel still when Ava's not at Rafe's anymore? I hope they're not going to turn Shin into a supervillain. It wastes a character to make him superevil.

Last edited:
Missing two weeks, the Kristen/Rolf/sleeping body conversation was hard to write up as I really didn't pay attention to previous summaries. I guess she really loved her brother Stefan but not her brother Jake???????
I figure it's pointless it will all change in a week or two when the writers forgot what they said this week, last week.

When Stefano Zero is revived by Rolf, what will he say?
  • Why am I wearing this stupid bathing cap?
  • Where are my Armani suits?
  • I must see my true love, Gabby.
  • How is my dear mother?
Regardless of the answers to these questions, Zero will probably be pleased that the cop who shot him, Lani, is now in the slammer.

Finally, EJ gets the line of the day for giving the infamous RoboJohn a shout-out.

So......when Kristen worries about Jake's body being gone, Rolf claims he put it back in the morgue (guess him & Igor together, right?) & don't worry, no one will know a thing!
Ummm, I would think removing someone's heart would result in a huge slash in the center of the chest, as would the recipient of one. (very good friend had one). So........now, in the morgue is a body with this huge cut down the chest, & no one will know a thing, Huh? Not the undertaker, not the person who removes the clothes when cremated, not the doctor who has to declare him dead & sign the death certificate, medical staff, ....just no one.
Oh, yeah, I forget, this is Salem, city of Stupidity, inhabited by all the descendants of THE SCARECROW....remember him........"if I only had a brain"............

I was going to say Rolf used the surgery scar left by the doctors in an attempt to save Jake but alas he died on the table. I guess the undertaker will think of the chest scar as a result of the autopsy???? Who knows these writer certainly don't..... Jake could reappear in the not to distant future to remind Gabi of her one true love.... Ghost Jake/Real Jake/ Jake from State Farm......

Ummm, I would think removing someone's heart would result in a huge slash in the center of the chest, as would the recipient of one. (very good friend had one)
Don't forget Jennifer had her heart removed, then re-inserted, and was be-bopping around the hospital, pushing baby Parker in his carriage, in full hair and makeup with just a little bandaid on her chest a few days later. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the write-up.

My goodness, it truly is hard to take the soap seriously when this stuff is either comedic sci-fi or filler material that nobody cares about. The 2011-14 period, which I had loathed the majority of, is the gold standard for soap writing compared to this nonsense.

Thanks, robin.

It's a new day in Salem.

Interesting EJ mentioned roboJohn. I enjoyed John that way.

Rolf is a miracle worker. He transplanted Jake's heart into Stefan without any help.

Kristen is wearing a strange outfit for going to the lab and work.

I like the pattern of Gabi's dress, but it's awfully short.

Will Brady kiss Chloe with Kristen standing in the doorway?

Poor Harold.. EJ told Ava Harold do anything he wants. I'm surprised Harold still works there
at his age. Maybe Rolf fixed Harold so he's able to live forever
:)

Back