Days of our Lives - Monday July 31, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
35 minutes of show today.

Replay of the end of Friday. Leo has something to say.

Eric is at the Pub on the phone with his sister. Sami isn’t happy that Eric is having a baby but at least Nicole isn’t the baby’s mother. Overdressed Kate (it’s summer for God’s sake) and Roman come in. They are thrilled that Abe is coming home. They aren’t as thrilled that Eric is going to be a father.

Nicole is berating a nurse for losing her test results. Sloan blah blah blahs about the baby being Eric’s not EJ's and how Nicole will leave EJ for Eric and she’d be a poor little orphan with a child on the curb of life.

Back at the wedding. Everyone stares at Leo who says I’m sorry Gwennie I can’t let you marry this man.

Roman can’t find the word pregnant. Roman wants to know why Sloan isn’t with him to tell them?

More Sloan blah blah blah.

Random Nurse will print out another copy.

Leo/Matty and Gwen continue to argue. Gabi now wants them to leave as she wants to get married. Soap stares everywhere.

Nicole says that printing out the results doesn’t explain what happened to the first set. She uses EJ’s name as a threat.

More arguing between, Leo/Matty, Gwen and Dimitri and Gabi.

Gabi really wants to get married. The minister can’t remember Dimitri’s name. He spouts off on what marriage means, in the actual world, not in Salem but hey, why not? (For fans of Stefan and Gabi I’m really sorry you aren’t getting a good wedding, they have become an afterthought)

Back with Eric and parents, Eric is upset that they aren’t thrilled he is going to be a daddy. Roman is happy that Eric is going to be a father. But Roman’s not happy about Sloan because of Abe and Paulina.

Sloan blah blah blah.

The minister asks if the couples have come to enter into the marriage freely and the wedding continues. The ring exchange with long, loving looks. Leo is about to come out of his skin. Everyone is now married. Stefan is always on the wrong side of Gabi. It’s weird.

Eric, Kate and Roman are sitting but they can’t wrap their heads around Sloan. Roman quotes Caroline Brady, Ma always said any child is a blessing. They settle with this. Any baby will be a lucky child with you as a dad. They return to sitting around a table of empty coffee cups.

Sloan comes out admits she got Nicole’s report by accident.

Eric tells Kate and Roman that Jada’s abortion had nothing to do with his decision.

Wedding folks talking and mingling. Kristen and EJ talk about the wedding. It is beyond belief thrilling and exciting, non-plot moving. Rafe tells Jada that as far as Salem’s weddings go this one was relatively drama free.

Leo is over drinking and leaning against a wall with “sinister music” listed as playing.

Nicole notes that the envelope is opened. She reads the report. Her baby is fine. Flashback to Sloan’s changing of the report. WE did not see her change the report.

Gabi is very happy to be joining the family again. Gwen is looking for Jada. Gwen tosses her bouquet to Kristen as she’s the only single woman left, Sister Kristen. Dimitri and Leo have snuck out.

The nurse comes out and sees Sloan and Nicole. Will she tell the other nurse?

Gwen walks in on Leo and Dimitri in the entryway talking about things and trying not to do adult activity.

Rafe and Jada return to the pub. Telling Kate and Roman that Dimitri Von Leuschner married Gwen Rizczech but Gabi and Stefan looked great. They leave to go upstairs to couple. Eric thinks Jada looks great. Sloan walks into the pub. Roman is surprised that they are telling everyone so early. Kate says that they are young and nothing can go wrong.

Gwen wants to know what the surprise is? Nicole comes in she wants to know what they surprise is too. Gabi and Stefan leave the reception because well, why not? Dimitri has just found out that the honeymoon needs to be in Iceland because that’s a place where Gwen has always wanted to go. Gwen is all mushy at the thought of going to the land of Ice and Fire. (wonder if we will get stock footage of Iceland?)

Sloan needs to tell Eric something.

Jada and Rafe talk in the hallway, they take it into the bedroom.

Sloan tells Eric that she lied to him to see her brother. She was nervous but she talked to Nicole and everything was okay so now she knows everything will be okay.

Nicole gives the envelope to EJ. Nicole can’t believe that everything is going to be okay and that they will be having a perfect little miracle.

Kristen and Dimitri chat in the hallway.

Kristen gets a phone call, the judge wants to see her.

Leo and Gwen chat just outside the front door. Dimitri joins them, they all walk inside.

Stefan carries Gabi into the bedroom, the bed is covered in rose petals. They kiss.

LOL Robin, you managed to make it sound better than it did watching it. Glad it was only 34 minutes, guess that was as much as they could stretch it with filler dialogue. But then soap stares do manage to use up some seconds, don't they?

So, Dimitri promises Leo that when he inherits his millions, Leo, Dimitri & Gwen will all share it together, living in the same place. But then Kristen intends to get a huge cut herself, how will that work. And the judge wants to see Kristen in re: the custody of Rachel. Hmmm. Now what?

So, they all got married.........and we know the result is gonna be fireworks of some kind.

Wonder how Sloan was able to change those test results? I mean they are not hand written, one needs a computer & printer. Ooops, forgot this is Salem, those magic elves are everywhere.

I thought it was funny Nicole threw around EJ's name too, just like Sloan. Why on earth would Nicole trust anything Sloan gives her? Now that baby is Eric's does that mean she will lose it after all? I hope not but I wanted it to be EJ's. Unless there is a twist and its not Eric's either. Wouldn't the doctor also say something to EJ and Nicole about him not being a match?

I thought was funny when Dimitri said this marriage would en-RICH us all to get Leo to shut up.

I love Gabi and Stefan!

Glad Kristen appears to be having issue with custody. She shouldn't have a child, let alone custody.

Wonder how Sloan was able to change those test results? I mean they are not hand written, one needs a computer & printer. Ooops, forgot this is Salem, those magic elves are everywhere.
Exactly what I thought. These writers either think we are all imbeciles or they are. They don't seem to think anything through.

Nicely done, Robin!

I thought the same thing as Poirot, and many here: HOW did Sloan do the switch on paper without hacking into the hospital's system and having access to a printer? It was very fast, too. Did she scratch out Eric's name and write EJ's name? Did she use a Sharpie to cover Eric's name? Come on! Even for THIS show, it stretches reality way too far. Too bad Nicole didn't ask for another printout.

I think Dimitri also resembles Christopher Reeve. The first time I saw him, with his chiseled features, I thought he could play Superman.

I liked how Rafe mangled Dimitri's last name.

I don't think Brady nor Kristen will be awarded custody of Rachel now. Thinking Marlena and John. That would be a good idea, since Marlena is used to dealing with devils.

How long before Dimitri and Leo are very careless and Gwen finds out on her own? Dimitri paints a nice picture of him, Leo and Gwen being rich, but at what cost? Gwen's heart will be broken by both men.

1690831338329.png1690831413378.png

I thought the same thing, that custody of Rachel will be given to John and Marlena.

I see a resemblance to Christopher Reeve, too. He also resembles Christopher's son, Will Reeve, who is a correspondent on Good Morning America.

1690832101907.jpeg

Thanks, robin.

It was funny when Eric was talking to Sami about the baby. She was glad Nicole isn't the mother.

Hopefully, Gabi and Stefan will close their bedroom door before the honeymoon starts.

Was there some foreshadowing with Sloan's baby? Roman mentioned that Eric was telling
people early and not waiting until further along with the pregnancy.

Darn, darn, darn. Nicole could have gotten a copy of the test results and see EJ isn't the daddy.

Leo used to be cute and funny. Now he's annoying.

HOW did Sloan do the switch on paper without hacking into the hospital's system and having access to a printer?
bic-wite-out-wofqd1-quick-dry-correction-fluid-300x300.jpg

Faking paperwork would be easy. It’s not like Nicole knows exactly what it should look like, and Sloan has the proper format on the real results. All she needs is a word processor and/or Photoshop. She can recreate the document, saying what she needs it to say, and slap on the hospital logo.

However, I don’t know how she does that hiding in a hospital room with her phone in less than 30-60 minutes. I suppose if she has the rest of the report about EJ’s DNA breakdown (no genetic diseases or whatever), maybe she just has to create a new cover letter on her phone that doesn’t question paternity.

Maybe they have a printer in a waiting room somewhere or she could email the document she created to a FedEx-like copy center or run home and print it. The limiting factor is time, not whether it can be done.

Thanks for writing this up. As usual, your sarcasm was the highlight of the episode, because the week was not off to a good start. I'm really unhappy about the pregnancy storyline, and will just leave it at that. It's dull, infuriating, and a waste of good potential on another repeated soap trope.

Everything else is silly and filler. Rafe and Jada are cute, as are Gabi and Stefan, but they seem wasted as background material in this episode.

Was there some foreshadowing with Sloan's baby? Roman mentioned that Eric was telling people early and not waiting until further along with the pregnancy.
Hmmmm, maybe Sloan will lose the baby, pretend to still be pregnant and of course somehow steal Nicole's newborn, pass it off as her own, while Nicole thinks her baby died. But Re-Ron would never rehash a storyline like that. :rolleyes: :sarcasm: :rotfl:

Was there some foreshadowing with Sloan's baby?
Of course, they're doing the old miscarriage trick to make us feel bad for Sloan. But I still don't and won't.

I hope she dies, and nobody ever finds out this spawn was allegedly sired by Eric Brady. Not even when s/he scowls her/his way through primary school.

And while we're on the subject of horrible things happening to horrible fake people, I hope Rachel dies unless it's revealed in the next cycle that she's been Mickey this whole time - and is really Xander's biokid.

I think Dimitri also resembles Christopher Reeve. The first time I saw him, with his chiseled features, I thought he could play Superman.

View attachment 8432View attachment 8434
This brings back memories. Back in the early ‘80s, some people thought that I looked like Christopher Reeve in Superman. One day at a supermarket, a guy said to me: “Hey mister, do you know that you look like Superman?” One evening, when I was picking up my daughter at a friend’s house, the little girl who answered the bell told her mother that a man who looked like Superman was here. Finally, during a late night at my summer job at JFK Airport, a fellow employee who’d had a few too many called out, “It’s Superman, it’s Superman!”

As for today’s excitement, Roman really got worked up about Sloan. He never got this hot and bothered about Stefano’s sick schemes. Finally, Sloan should have some new business cards printed up. Instead of attorney at law, they should say “master forger.”

Back