Days of our Lives - Monday, June 12, 2023

I guess it's all how you look at it. It could be looked at as exclusionary or as bonus material that's fun to watch/read. It's in the eye of the beholder to determine how they view it. Kat took the time to post what could be found online (and I did some little summaries) for everybody here to watch and/or read, so they'd be up to date on these side stories. No different than reading spoiler info that is found elsewhere online and posted here. But to each their own.

I don’t know why a current viewer would be left out. The episodes are sitting there available to watch, and I don’t think it was ever said they were not part of the show. Other than the fantasy Christmas show, the others all fit into the context of the main plot. Characters left town and then came back. References were made to the events right away. It was more bonus material than separate story.

Now that it’s all one platform, they’re merging the plots more directly because it’s not asking anything extra of the main show viewers. And it makes sense if you’re now in a streaming business model to survive. You want more engagement on the platform with your content so you prove your value to Peacock. Encouraging people to go back and watch Beyond Salem is part of staying viable.

and I don’t think it was ever said they were not part of the show.
Re-Ron even said what happened in the little digital episodes, then later Beyond Salem, were cannon to the main show and would be referenced. (excluding, of course, the fantasy Christmas episode which was supposed to be cheesy like the Brady Bunch reunion movie, A Very Brady Christmas, from 1988)

It is weird that a show that will use a flashback like you might have forgotten what happened yesterday doesn't use a flashback to explain stuff that might have been missed by people who didn't watch Beyond. I only watched the first one and can't be bothered to go watch anything else.

In reality it won't help ME care any more about these stories but it would help others. And even if the Beyond stories didn't exist showing flashbacks filmed right now would be normal and help explain stuff. Maybe "flashbacks" of Talia and her stupid boyfriend would explain why she got into her mess.

Back