Days of our Lives - Monday, November 27, 2023

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
38 minutes today

Eric and Nicole are out in front of the Pub continuing their conversation about holding the baby. She says it might provide her some solace, Eric says it might not be a good idea. Nicole says never mind, then Eric says no, you can hold him.

Inside the Pub, EJ tells Rafe he wants him to find who hit Nicole.

Dimitri comes into Sloan’s apartment and says he thinks if anyone should be charged with murder rather than Leo, it’s her.

Harris asks Leo if his lawyer is coming? He says she’s been delayed. Leo again says he has nothing to do with the baby’s death.

Harris comes out to the main police room where Jada asks him about Ava. He says it depends on whether DA DiMera decides to drop the hammer. Jada says I wouldn’t hold my breath. Then Harris starts patting himself and checking his coat, saying his keys are missing.

Stefan and Ava are discussing who is going to break into the police evidence and are going to let a coin toss decide. “Let Mr. I-Cannot-Tell-a-Lie decide for us.”

Harris tells Jada he’ll let Leo stew in the interrogation room while they wait on his lawyer. Jada asks if she can take a crack at him? He says be my guest.

EJ and Rafe argue about Dimitri and how Rafe isn’t doing enough to find his son’s murderer. Rafe wants to know what EJ is doing about Ava?

Ava chooses heads.

Dimitri recounts bringing the perfectly healthy baby to Sloan and now he’s dead. Sloan explains that she did take the baby to the hospital but he didn’t make it. Dimitri takes a stuffed bear from her hands and asks why it looks like she ransacked the baby section of Saxtons?

Nicole is holding the baby, who smiles at her. She looks more closely at the face and says “this is my baby!”

Ava walks into the police station telling Harris she stopped by because she has something for him.

Rafe says the forensics came back with fibers from Ava’s blouse confirming her story that Gil tried to rape her. EJ says he sees no reason to press charges.

Jada comes into the interrogation room to talk with Leo. He asks if she’s brought him a turkey or a tofurkey? No, but your goose is cooked. Jada tells him she can make the charges go away if he just throws his boyfriend under the bus.

Sloan explains to Dimitri about her new baby that Melinda was helping them adopt. Dimitri puts all of the pieces together and says “you took the baby for yourself, didn’t you?”

Nicole flashes back to holding her baby on the side of the road. She tells Eric that Leo let her hold her baby right after she gave birth and she saw his face. This is the baby she gave birth to.

Ava pulls out a meal from her purse, linguine carbonara. Not Thanksgiving, but it’s what she had on hand. Harris thanks her, saying it gets so busy sometimes he forgets to eat.

Stefan is in the dark evidence room.

Leo says he’s not doing that to Dimitri. Jada tells Leo about all of the things Dimitri is wanted for, that he’s the big fish they’re looking for.

Dimitri thinks it’s awfully convenient that the same day Nicole’s baby dies Sloan gets her son. Sloan says thousands of babies are born on the same day, it’s a coincidence. Dimitri pulls out his phone to call the Salem PD.

EJ comes out from the Pub to find Nicole holding the baby and asks whose baby is this? Eric says it’s his, that they just adopted him today, but Nicole thinks it’s yours. She tells EJ the same thing she told Eric, she knows the face. EJ says he wishes that was their baby, but it’s Eric and Sloan’s baby, and it’s time they gave him back to his father.

Harris hears from Rafe on the phone that Ava is not being charged in Gil Carter’s death. She rushes off to tell Tripp.

Eric takes the baby back. Nicole apologizes, saying her mind was playing tricks on her. EJ takes her away. Rafe walks out and asks if everything is OK? Eric tells him that Nicole seems to think this is her baby.

Sloan stops Dimitri from calling and admits the baby is Nicole’s. She says she didn’t plan for it to happen. Dimitri isn’t buying it. Sloan tells him about the original adoption, that the mother backed out when she found out he was going to Sloan. Dimitri says “so you thought finders keepers?” He says she’d better get the charges dropped against Leo or he’s going to sing like a canary.

Jada tells Leo if he doesn’t call Von Leuschner in the next 5 minutes, the deal is off. She asks Leo if Dimitri is even capable of love? She continues playing bad cop then gets a text and says she has to take care of something, but wants an answer when she comes back.

Stefan is rifling through the evidence and hears the door. He hides behind a desk, and Jada walks in on the phone looking for whatever the other side is asking for.

Eric tells Rafe that EJ told him their son was accidentally cremated, that they didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to their son.

EJ and Nicole are back at DiMansion. She says she was so sure that baby was her son. EJ explains it away from the trauma they’ve been through. Nicole says the more she thinks about it, she’s sure it really is. It’s not just the face, it’s how she felt. EJ tells her that she was in a daze when he found her and that she hadn’t held the baby for that long. She starts crying and asks EJ to hold her.

Sloan says she’ll help Leo but Dimitri needs to get out now. They shake on it. Before he leaves, he says he’s a little short on cash. She hands him some. Just before he leaves, he threatens again that he’ll go public.

Jada sifts through an evidence box, takes a bag away and closes the door behind her. Stefan is still hiding.

Jada is now back in the interrogation room asking for an answer. Leo says he won’t betray the man he loves.

Dimitri is in a motel room counting cash. He looks at the photo booth pic of him and Leo as ghosts and says he’ll find a way to get you out, Leo.

Ava and Stefan are outside the Pub. Stefan got the evidence. Ava says that was the easy part. The harder part will be lying to Harris’s face.

Rafe walks into the police room and hands Harris his keyring back, saying they found them at the sergeant’s desk. Harris says he doesn’t remember leaving them there. Rafe says maybe you just dropped them and walks away.

Eric comes back into the apartment with the baby. He tells Sloan about seeing Nicole and that she thinks the baby is hers.

EJ says he’ll put the take out away since Nicole’s likely not hungry, but he’ll put on a pot of tea.

Sloan plays dumb and asks what Eric did? He says EJ came and helped to convince her the baby wasn’t hers.

Nicole again flashes back to holding her son. She’s sitting on the couch and says “I don’t care what anyone says. I know that was my baby.”

Thanks for writing this up.

I wish this storyline would wrap up quickly. Sloan, Trask, and Dimitri deserve jail time for what they have done, and everyone else deserves the truth. Most importantly that child needs a loving home.

I dare say that Ava and Harris are becoming a little bit more interesting to watch. And I even feel bad for Leo here.

Nicole again flashes back to holding her son. She’s sitting on the couch and says “I don’t care what anyone says. I know that was my baby.”
I'm glad she's not in the dark and knows deep down this is her baby. It took a while for Sami to start thinking Sydney might be hers after Grace died. Rafe was the first one to start wondering if Sydney was really Sami's baby.

Well done, Shaun P, thank you!

I had a terrible thought, that Sloan will try to have Nicole committed to Bayview due to her belief that her "dead" son is her and Eric's son. Please let me be wrong and have this nightmare for Nicole end. Also, please do not have Nicole get access to the baby and kidnap him. That will not work well in her favor.

Put Dimitri in a birdcage and let him sing like a canary. I want Sloan gone with the wind!

A valid/true/untampered DNA test MUST be done to clear this mess up once and for all, and let the clam chowder slop over where it may.

I loved how baby boy (will someone please name him already?) howled when Sloan held him but was quiet when Eric and Nicole did.

Read in spoiler, baby name will be Jude ????

Is that supposed to be Judas??? Eric is supposed to suggest Sam.......which got rejected. Can't even believe the writers are thinking the idea is humorous , even if rejected..........

Thanks Shaun for taking on today's summary.

Who knew Leo could be so steadfast in his beliefs?? Wow, wonder what Will and Sonny would say if they could see him now?

As for Nicole's misery, I do hope this story wraps up in time for her to get her Christmas miracle. However, since Ron took over he loves miserable holidays so I fear there will be more and more misery as time goes on.

I want so badly for this to wrap up by next week and the Christmas miracle 2023 is Nicole and baby boy reunited, and Eric knows he is the dad, but EJ and Nicole stay together. Just because the baby is biologically yours doesn't mean you get the mom too.

But JS is right, it will probably take a year. It will be a Christmas 2024 miracle, and the kid will be 8 years old SORAS'd and already acting like step dad EJ. Ugh. Because of how annoying and horrible that sounds, it's probably how it's going to go down.

I am so glad that Nicole recognized her baby. EJ: let's give him back to his father. Well yeah, that's true.

I thought Ava was giving Harris his keys not dinner. And I thought she lost the bet.

I thought for sure Eric would be coming home as Dimitri left, but nope. Just glad Nicole is determined, so hopefully not long.

Want to add that, as others have said before, Arianne Zucker (Nicole) is hands-down the best, most natural crier on the show. I totally believe she is going through what she is going through. Would like her to stop crying now, she has endured enough!

My guess is that they will do a DNA test to put Nicole's mind at ease but they will use EJ's DNA (and not Nicole's) to prove if the baby is theirs or not, and of course it won't be a match, because Baby Boy is not really EJ's. This would supposedly prove that Nicole is mistaken, and this story will go on much longer than we would want it to. Only in Salem would they use the father's DNA instead of the mother's. (You always know who the mother is, but we can never be sure on the father.)

Thanks again for helping out, ShaunP.

It's still Thanksgiving in Salem.

I was surprised to see Dimitri back in the no tell motel. Did he figure out the Salem PD probably won't look there again :rolleyes:

Are there cameras in Salem PD? They could check who was there where the Harris' keys were found.

Will Harris figure out he lost his key when Ava was there and they got found when she was back again? Maybe, maybe not.

Salem PD needs a person working inside the evidence room. Anyone can go in and get stuff? Jada went in and didn't
sign anything when she took something out of the room.

Wow, EJ agreed with Rafe that there's no evidence to arrest Ava.

Poor Sloan. It didn't take long for Dimitri to connect the dots that she has Nicole's baby.

Poor Rafe. Eric has a child and he still doesn't.

Poor Nicole. She knows the baby Eric has is hers. How long will it take before she can be with him again?

Oh man using EJ's dna would be beyond belief. I really want this over. Especially since it could mean Sloan moving on out.

What I'd really like is Leo seeing the baby and teaming up with Nicole over the truth. It occurred to me that normal funny Leo could be an excellent friend for Nicole.

Hopefully, a desperate Nicole won’t pull another Sydnapping. Events seem to be pointing toward a happy reunion with her baby.

Sloan is in an unenviable situation. Eric is disgustingly honest, Leo and Dimitri are determined to save themselves, EJ is out for blood, and Melinda will try to save herself when push comes to shove.

Foolish Jada should start doing real police work and stop persecuting Leo for the imaginary baby death. When all the facts come out, she’s going to look like a fool when it’s revealed she was investigating a crime that never happened.

I kind of like Leo and Dmitri right now. Their devotion is sweet. The actor playing Dmitri did a great job today as the voice of reason while Sloan was being absurd. I wish he’d turn her in. The writers gave him some great lines. Unfortunately, they’ve already painted him as a loony tunes liar and criminal. He’s way more tolerable as a sane character, and he has good comedic timing. Word to the writers: less lunacy. Let the actors play real human emotions.

I just don’t like Harris, and I have to keep reminding myself this isn’t a temporary stint. He feels out of place. They need to give him more interconnection with the rest of the show. He’s not really friends with Jada or Rafe, so those interactions feel forced. He and Ava as a couple make me roll my eyes.

Glad I skipped the peak Nicole grieving. I’m sure Sloan will try to make her look crazy before this is all done, but scheming, take no guff Nicole is my favorite version. I hope she takes Sloan to the woodshed and publicly humiliates her. I hope Eric feels like a fool, and I hope she picks EJ and the baby is his. Too bad the writers think she belongs with the sourpuss who always end up treating her like a cowpie.

Oh man using EJ's dna would be beyond belief. I really want this over. Especially since it could mean Sloan moving on out.

What I'd really like is Leo seeing the baby and teaming up with Nicole over the truth. It occurred to me that normal funny Leo could be an excellent friend for Nicole.
I like Greg Rikaart (Leo). When he was on Y&R he pulled off a pretty good redemption arc, I hope they give it to him here as well.

Back