Days of Our Lives - Monday Oct. 10th, 2011

NicoleMarie

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I’m sorry to tell you that I don’t think I’ll be watching Days of Our Lives for much longer. I’ve got work, the baby on its way, a husband (We try to go out and spend time together as much as physically possible), all these courses I’m taking, and I think it’s only going to get more hectic from here on in. I’ll try to get these write-ups to you all on Fridays, but it’s been getting harder and harder to do. I’ll also try to get in and chat with y’all when I can, but I’ve just been too busy to watch DOOL lately, and I’m really not too interested with DOOL right now. Have a super “fantastical” day. Oh, and if you’re Canadian, Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Short summary:
• A series of events leads Daniel to believe that Jen and Jack had sex (they didn’t). When he finds out about the kidnapping, he yells at Jack and accuses him of being a bad father and husband. Jennifer says they’re acting like children and wants them both to get out of her house.
• Rafe proves again and again that he is a perfect husband. :sick:
• John is angry at himself for causing so much tension between Carrie and Austin. He decides, in order to protect his family, he is going to get a divorce from Marlena.
• Rafe doesn’t think that Austin should take the case and fight against John and Carrie.

Full Summary:
Daniel knocks on Jennifer’s door. Jen runs downstairs and hastily puts her robe on before getting the door. Daniel has coffee and muffins. Jen looks guilty about something, and is breathless. A shirtless Jack walks down the hall and says he has coffee for her, made just the way she likes it. Jen keeps saying that it’s not what it looks like. She explains that Jack and Abigail stayed up talking through things really late and he fell asleep on the couch. She asks Jack to leave. Daniel and Jack fight it out verbally. Jennifer tries to get them to stop fighting, she tries to explain about the kidnapping but Daniel doesn’t stop yelling at Jack. She finally asks them both to leave.

John has a flashback of when Rafe told him the lawsuit was filed by EJ Dimera. He walks around the townhouse, thinking to himself. He watches Marlena sleep. She wakes up and asks him why he’s been up all night. He couldn’t stop thinking. He crawls into bed with her.

Rafe wakes up Sami, who is sleeping on the couch. Sami freaks out because of the time; she needs to get the kids to school. Rafe calms her down and explains that he’s taken care of everything. Rafe just didn’t want to move her from the couch where she fell asleep because she looked so peaceful, and if he took her to the bedroom and took off her clothes to put her pyjamas on... “things” might have happened. Sami realizes it’s Monday and freaks out again. She was supposed to dress up Johnny like his favorite sports character. Again, Rafe calms her down and says he took care of that, too. Sami wishes she could have seen him. Rafe has this covered, too. Lots of lovey-dovey talk goes on between them. Sami is about to get into the shower, but Rafe needs to talk to her about something important. He informs her that EJ Dimera filed a class action lawsuit against John.

Austin is flipping through some papers at a desk when Carrie snatches them away. She yells at him for looking through her files, which are strictly confidential. Austin snatches them back, saying they are actually his own files. She doesn’t want him to take the case. They have a heart to heart about how they feel about being on opposite sides of the war. She gets up as she has to go meet up with John to discuss her strategy. Austin says he’s going with her. John told him to stop by with her later.

Sami is beyond angry at EJ. They decide to go talk to John and Marlena and see how they’re doing.

Marlena and John are talking in bed. Marlena appreciates that John wants to protect the family. She doesn’t want to be separated from him. He looks into her eyes and says he wants to make love to her so badly. They start to get into it, but then there is a knock at the door. It’s Carrie and Austin. He wanted to discuss some things with Austin. John shows off his ankle cuff to Carrie and Austin. Austin explains the situation. John swears on everything he loves that he is not guilty. There is a knock at the door, its Sami and Rafe. Carrie and Austin fight over for a moment, and John has a flashback of himself looking at a bunch of computer files on a laptop that look like bills of some sort. He yells at Carrie and Austin to stop fighting. Marlena asks everyone to leave. John asks Carrie to stay so they can start their case. Sami and Rafe also stay for a few moments to talk about Sami’s new job at Titan. Rafe needs to go to the station, so he leaves.

John has more flashbacks of when he was first put in prison. Marlena, Sami and Carrie all reassure John that they’ll get through this together. Carrie needs to get down to the courthouse; Sami offers her a ride as it’s on her way to work. John stops them both and thanks both of them for stopping by. They’re all happy that they can all be together as a family. John feels guilty that the strain on Carrie and Austin’s relationship is his fault. Marlena reassures him that everything will be fine. John says he’s made a decision. John has decided to divorce Marlena.

Rafe and Austin talk about the case. Austin says that he doesn’t have a choice. He either stays in Salem with his wife, but is on the prosecution, or he leaves the country and never sees her. Rafe doesn’t think that Austin should take the job. He should stay in Salem, and turn down the case. Rafe leaves Austin alone to do some thinking.

Sami and Carrie enter Carrie’s apartment because Carrie forgot a few files. Sami asks Carrie if she thinks that John is guilty of stealing the money. Carrie believes that John is innocent. She just needs to figure out how to prove it.

Next time:
• Jack sneers angrily, “You’re telling me that my daughter is dating a Dimera?!”
• Chad is giving Abigail a sensual back massage when Jack enters and roars, “YOU! GET UP!” and pulls Chad off of the couch harshly.
• Jack yells, “You are never going to see him again. I forbid it.” Abigail tears up and screams, “You can’t forbid me to do anything!”

Well, Carrie has been saying John is like a father to her.

I have another question. What problems has Jack had with the Dimeras in the past? Or is it simply the normal "Dimera hate." :rotfl:

Yea, I was just wondering why he'd be so adament about his daughter not seeing a Dimera.

"Jack and Abby stayed up all night talking their way through it", wouldn't that be a conversation we'd like to here? Now we'll probably only here it in reruns as the continue to yell at one another.

Then "Carrie thinks Austin is going through her confidential files", wouldn't you think if the office wasn't in your apartment you wouldn't get your files mixed up? Or at lease get a separate desk, one for Carrie and one for Austin!

OOPs forgot one thing, when did Carrie and Austin have time to get an apartment they just flew in from Switzerland, didn't they? Maybe that one is to picky!

It could also be a hotelroom, I guess. But it looked like it was very "homey." If that makes sense.

I really like that Carrie loves John so much. After all, she thought at one time that he was Roman, and John has always loved her and been good to her. It's nice that Roman and John get on so well, too. I like their friendship.

I think EJ's plan is to keep Nicole close to him until he can wear her down and get her in his bed again. I don't think he is only motivated by sex though. He needs a strong, beautiful woman on his arm as he campaigns. I just wonder what he will do to her after he's elected. Nicole can't say she didn't ask to be hurt again.

I know....Every time she got up and threatened to leave I kept wanting to yell at her, "Nicole, you dope, keep on walking!" But of course I knew she wouldn't.

Every time Nicole threatened to quit, it reminded me of all the times Taylor threatened to leave town and didn't. Like sister; like sister. :)

I totally understand the real life getting in the way thing... thank you for any posting you are able to do.... I know I don't say it often enough....

THANK YOU!!!!!

Thanks you, Robinsnest. My cervical polyp is acting up again and work is getting right stressfull! But I'll try. :)

While I understand the reasoning to have Sami working (so that we're not in an endless tug of war with EJ over the children), it's ridiculous for the writers to have Rafe saying things like "I know you want to work so the kids will never want for anything".

Both of the children's fathers are wealthy men!! Will, Johnny, Allie and Sydney would never want for a thing with Lucas and EJ. I'd imagine even in the magical land of Salem where real laws don't seem to apply, Lucas and EJ both pay hefty child support.

Boring

Totally boring show today. I personally cannot stand the Jack-Jen-Daniel storyline. I'd rather see more of the Kate-Madison showdown. Rafe has got to go down as the most considerate, take charge husband ever, by the way. He made breakfast, got the kids dressed, AND took the kids to school. Now, I have a wonderful husband, but it generally takes step-by-step instruction for him to get this kind of thing accomplished! That whole situation made me laugh out loud.

Back