Days of our Lives - Monday, October 17, 2022

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shawn and Rex are upset at not finding anything at the lab. They want to find something anything at the lab. Rafe walks in with good news.

Chloe wants to talk with Kristen, Chloe wants everything out in the open.

Replay of Eric talking to Sami on the phone assuring her it’s important to stay where she is they will keep her updated on Marlena’s condition. Nicole updates Eric about what she’s heard from Chloe. Eric thanks her for her concern.

They sit outside the pub and talk. Eric tells Nicole about the Kate/Roman wedding. The ivy is still green but the bush outside has turned to its yellow fall color.

Kristen tosses Chloe’s idea of a truce. Kristen still assumes it’s Chloe’s fault Kristen is out of her daughter’s life (Kristen has become so one note it’s annoying, where are her sides?? Hate Chloe, must get rid of Chloe)

At the hospital Brady tries to talk John down from breaking the vial of “super serum”. Flashback to Kristen and Brady from Friday. Brady begs to try the drug without telling why he thinks it will work. John doesn’t believe that it is what it is, Rex walks in and he is going to test the drug. Jada stands at the hospital looking odd.

Nicole and Eric blah blah. Nicole wants to be “there” for Eric but not that kinda there. Nicole wants to be the person that shows up to be “there” for Eric. Be the person who can comfort him but not that kind of “comfort” As they hug in agreement, Rafe walks up and puts his hands on his hips and shakes his head.

Hospital, Jada wants to know if Brady knows who wrote the note. Flashback to conversation with Kristen that this has to be kept a secret. Brady tells Jada that Marlena is “like” a mother to him. (WHAT DA HELL boy?? Marlena is the ONLY mother you’ve known all your dumb butt life, she your mother) Jada doesn’t buy his lame story.

Kristen and Chloe are still arguing over what was on the note that Rachel received in her lunch box. They discuss the hearing and how the judge was bending over backwards to give Kristen custody.

John, Shawn and Belle talk of the vial of the goo dropped off at the Police station. Marlena makes Shawn promise he will take care of Belle. They beg Marlena to hang on just a little longer.

Rafe was heading to the pub to tell Eric about the vial of goo being dropped off. Nicole says this is great news. Rafe says yes, maybe this means I can stop finding you in Eric’s arms.

Kristen and Chloe sharpen their claws. Chloe tells about showing the tape to the judge. Kristen tells Chloe that she needs to leave Brady, Chloe says well dearie I did do that earlier. I bet that will change later says Kristen.

The vial of goo is a close match. Eric asks Jada to go tell Roman about the vial of goo.

Rafe and Nicole talk about all the hugs. Rafe’s green monster is showing. Nicole wants to know if she needs a reason to be compassionate towards her ex. Rafe expertly tosses it back into her face. (Writers, you’ve teased us with Nicole and Eric before only to ruin our hearts many many times. Please stop it. Make Nicole happy with Rafe) Nicole tells Rafe wanted to get married. They discuss the wedding. Rafe is still confused about how fast and forced the wedding happened. Rafe talks about how their wedding came right after she spent the day with Eric. Rafe thinks that at that wedding Nicole figured out that she let Eric go too soon.

One Note Kristen and Doe Eye Chloe continue to talk about splitting up. Flashbacks of Kristen forcing Brady to dump Chloe.

Rex comes into Marlena’s room, he is 98% sure that this is the good. Marlena wants the drug. John is concerned about what it could do to Marlena. Eric, Belle, Shawn, Brady are in the room, all looking concerned.

Kristen and Chloe continue to blah blah. Kristen wants to know why Chloe isn’t with the man she loves as his mother dies. Chloe storms out. Kristen cackles.

Marlena is volunteering to take the drug. If it helps me, we should give it to Kate and Kayla. For some bizarre reason, Rex wants everyone to leave the room. If it doesn’t go well, Marlena wants Eric to give her last rites. John doesn’t leave the room. Rex does something.

Nicole and Rafe continue to chat. Nicole tells Rafe that she loves him. She’s not pining for Eric. Rafe wants Nicole to tell him the truth. Rafe wants to know why Nicole didn’t ask him about hiring Eric. Nicole tells Rafe she is Eric’s boss not his model. Eric needed a job. Rafe tells Nicole it was a terrible idea there is no way he wants Eric working with his wife. Jada walks up and hears this part of the conversation.

Jada backs out of scene but now eavesdrops on the conversation. Nicole says so you don’t trust me? Rafe says nope not in this situation. Rafe walks away.

Brady talks with Chloe, tells her about the vial of goo. Chloe asks where the serum came from he gets a phone call, tells Chloe it’s a call from Paul, but it’s actually a call from Kristen. Kristen twists the knife.

Rex has a syringe with the longest needle in history to put a drug into an IV tube. He starts to put the drug into Marlena’s IV.

Egads, Kristen is just much too over the top. And there she is, sleeveless, bare shoulders, despite the fact it is Autumn!! AND she is just too. too confident! I hope the writers do the viewers a favor for a change, & have it all blow up in her face!

Agree about that needle Rex had. My jaw dropped at the size. (awful big to just insert into an IV, which he did)

Amazing how Marlena has been sick in that bed for so long, & her hair is perfectly combed, shiny, looking just out of the beauty salon. Not a single tangle or hair out of place.

I liked that so much of her family was right there. I liked that Marlena insisted on being the "trial" receiver of the serum........and I did tear up when she told Eric that if anything goes wrong, she wanted the last rites.

I love that you said "what the hell boy!?" I burst out laughing because we say that a lot at my house so it was a very happy surprise for me to see someone else say it.

Nicole is on my nerves. When she was with anyone else, she only wants Eric. When she was with Eric (though he pushed her away a lot), she wanted Rafe. She finally has Rafe and now she wants Eric. And her being in denial about it is absurd. Rafe was absolutely spot on with everything he said to her today.

The Chloe/Kristen/Brady stuff is weird. None of it makes sense. It's just weird to me and annoying.

And dear God, that needle. It made me laugh how large the entire thing was, not just the needle.

All the crack cops and PIs in this scenario surely must put the vial’s arrival and Brady’s breakup together and conclude Kristen is playing games. The woman who killed El Fideo would never be fooled by such a thin plot.

The woman who killed El Fideo
C'mon, Tina, call him by his real name "The Noodle" :rotfl:

They need Eugene's time machine so they can go get little girl Ciara. She'd have figured out this whole mess, then owned Kristen by the time she was done. Kristen would be bowing to the pink backpack. Ciara would've also had Orpheus bowing and scraping to her and doing her bidding.

As Poirot wrote, Marlena looked pretty good for someone so ill. I noted that last week, comparing Kayla to Marlena and Kate. Only Kayla looked like she was at death's door.

I don't blame Rafe one bit for calling out Nicole. I am a fan of Nicole's, but lately, questioning her end game here. She never should have married Rafe, and even though she and Eric are divorced, they can certainly have a relationship again. It happens more often than not in Salem.

I did warm up to Jada a bit and feel she deserves better. I think someone once suggested she and Rafe should be together, but since they work together, that is just forbidden.:rotfl:

I was glad that Chloe had some backbone today with Kristen instead of being submissive. For all the good it did, but still and all, at least she didn't back down.

I just hope Brady doesn't have to live with Kristen and Rachel too long. He will need to put a lock on his door AND wear a chastity belt and keep the key very, very hidden, so Kristen can't have her way with him. :eek:

I'm really sick of Nicole and Eric. Can't they just run off and stop darkening my screen?
And I stood by Nicole through her framing Jennifer for Daniel Rafael's death, the shredded bag incident, and her entire affair with the oversexed doctor.

But they spent months having her pine for Rafe only to dash it immediately? [I'll censor myself so the software doesn't have to.]

Thanks, robin.

Oh no, Chloe told Kristen that she was the reason Kristen lost custody of Rachel. Will Kristen use that against her sometime?

John was sure upset with that vial. Maybe later he can punch Kristen when everyone knows how the women got the cure.

I got a headache with Nicole and Rafe's bickering.

Hopefully, Rex saved some of the cure for Kate and Kayla.

I enjoyed the family scene in Marlena's room with John and the kids, which includes Shawn and the 1st Brady, now Rex.

I used to watch Days - in fact, I started watching in November 1965, but now I have quit for good. Peacock and the dumbest storylines ever have pushed me away. I have cleaned out all my Days memorabilia (posters, T-shirts, books, etc.) and it is going into the trash. Trash is the best place for them since Days itself is nothing but trash. I thought I could at least read the summaries but when I do I see nothing of significance is happening. So sad.

It's about time that Black Patch hired somebody who can do a spot-on imitation of Stefano's voice. Add a hidden microphone so that the Phoenix's portrait could speak, and maybe the Kritter and Rolf could be terrorized into better behavior (E.g., "RRRolf, how dare you do anything to harm my Queen of the Night and my Katarina!! Rectify this situation or you will pay dearly!!")
Agree about that needle Rex had. My jaw dropped at the size. (awful big to just insert into an IV, which he did)
Perhaps Rexy is now working as a vet at a zoo and he's using the same syringe that he uses on some of the creatures.

I don't blame Rafe one bit for calling out Nicole. I am a fan of Nicole's, but lately, questioning her end game here. She never should have married Rafe, and even though she and Eric are divorced, they can certainly have a relationship again. It happens more often than not in Salem.
Agree. Nicole needs a few sessions with Maggie so she can learn that it's poor form for a married woman to be seen repeatedly draped around her former love interest.

Back