Days of our Lives - Monday, October 23, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
34 minutes long. A lot from the promo shown at the Day of Days.

Eric and Sloan hugging and kissing, so happy that they are going to be parents. Eric’s friend is going to do well. Eric tells Sloan the he didn’t wait alone, he was with Nicole.

Nicole is home. EJ wants to write on her baby's DNA results, Nicole freaks and EJ stops after writing two numbers. This will be important I am sure as this episode progresses.

Xander drops in on Alex.

Brady drops in on Maggie to see Konstantin. Maggie tells of his cooking dinner, and of his leaving tomorrow.

Replay of Konstantin dropping by Theresa’s.

Brady was surprised that one of Victor’s friends dropped in without warning. But as the guest has brightened Maggie, he is happy. Maggie got to see a young handsome Victor.

Konstantin tells Theresa he just came to Salem to pay his condolences to his best bud’s wife and to see how his new bestie is doing after getting her hooks into Victor’s long-lost son.

Xander wants to know just who Alex thought he was opening to door too. Alex tells him it’s none of his business, and what do you want Xander? Xander wants Cousin to resign and give Maggie her job back.

Nicole explains what the paper is to EJ. Kissy kissy.

Sloan has a hissy fit that Nicole was at the hospital and had the audacity to talk to Eric. Eric dropped the news that Nicole also picked up a copy of the DNA report. Sloan gest even weirder. Eric asks why Sloan cares about Nicole and the DNA papers? Sloan fakes an emergency and dashes out of the apartment. Sloan, the woman of many HUGE purses, is still carrying around the original copy of the document proving Eric is the father because well, that’s not weird at all.

Back at the DiMansion they decide it's safer to put the document in the safe with all of the other important papers. Kissy kissy, EJ apologizes for writing on the envelope thinking it was scratch paper. More kissy kissy. EJ gets a call, he leaves

Brady is looking through the photo album. Brady thinks it’s odd Victor never mentioned him. So do we, Brady. Maggie tells the story of the loan to Konstantin. (I’m thinking the loan went the other way, Konstantin loaned Victor the money.) Brady and Maggie chat about Alex as Victor’s long-lost son.

Xander and Alex thump chests. The pomade is dripping from Xander’s hair.

Theresa tells Konstantin about moving in with Alex.

Flashback of Konstantin knocking on the door to the hotel room where Alex or Brady was staying, the one Theresa was left in. He finds the will in the magic locked attaché case that Theresa opened with a dinner knife, reads it quickly and discovers Victor left him NOTHING.

Back to today, Theresa asks "so not your favorite day, was it?" "It got better as the day went on, as I recall" he tells Theresa.

Marlena pops in to see Eric. Marlena talks to Eric about how worried she is about Belle. Asks after Sloan.

EJ wants to check the envelope. Nicole remembers she is a mother already (I know, I was shocked), Nicole leaves to check on Holly and see if she needs any help with her homework. A random statement that could have been made 100’s of times in the past to prove Holly was still alive and Nicole remembered she was a mom. Nicole leaves as Sloan, looking like a poor little orphan girl, watch from the windows.

Brady and Maggie talk of Alex and how he quit Basic Black without warning. They discuss how terrible a person Alex is.

Alex tells Xander that he can’t tell him anything because he, Alex, is Victor’s son. Alex tries to prove his worthiness to Xander. Xander calls his bluff.

More conversation between Theresa and Konstantin.

Flashback. Konstantin’s daddy gave Victor the “seed money”. Without which there never would have been a Titan. Konstantin convinced Victor to write a new will and still, Victor left poor Konnie out of the will. As he did with 98% of his family, Konnie, you just aren’t special poor boy. We find out that Konstantin sent Brady and Alex on a wild goose chase. They open the letter that explains everything. It names Xander as the long-lost son.

Current time. They discuss how Victor tom-catted around with his brother Titus’ wife.

Flashback: Theresa can’t believe that Xander Cook is Victor’s long lost, well long unnamed, son. Theresa and Konstantin bad-mouth Xander. Xander, per Konnie, is now a gazillionaire. Theresa thinks that maybe they could help the correct Alex.

More chest thumping between the two Alexes. Xander has some insight into the matter.

Eric and Marlena talk about Sloan. Marlena laughs at the idea Sloan will miss seeing her.

The doorbell rings and rings. EJ shouts for Harold but he doesn’t come. Sloan walks in looks around.

Marlena is happy that Eric is optimistic about the future. They discuss a true and loyal person, that appears to be Sloan. More on how he deserves a child.

EJ walks around the outside of the house blaming the Halloween pranksters. Sloan has both envelopes in hand and puts down the one with the numbers EJ has written on the back of one. She leaves.

Brady and Maggie chat about Victor’s will and Alex. Brady doesn’t understand how Victor would have been so cruel to have left Alex’s paternity remain a mystery for so long, ruining so many people’s lives.

More of the pity party from Alex towards Xander.

Konstantin and Theresa chat.

Flashback of Theresa making Alex rich plan is worked out. Konstantin and Theresa make a plan.

Current day, Konstantin will have to find a way to hang out in Salem till Theresa is able to pay him.

Xander opens the door to Theresa about to knock. Xander is catty.

Konstantin brings Maggie daffodils, her favorite flowers. Maggie doesn’t believe they were blooming in the park in October. Yes, Konstantin purchased them for her. Maggie offers to have him stay as long as he wants.

Sloan comes home, Marlena is still there. Marlena invites them to supper on some date in the future. As soon as Eric walks Marlena out, Sloan pulls the envelope out of her purse. It two has numbers on it. Sloan shreds her copy; EJ puts his copy in the safe where no one will have access. REALLY??? That is the most used safe in the entire house.

Theresa can’t believe that Xander Cook is Victor’s long lost, well long unnamed, son
Golly, so glad I was sitting down when I read this, because it's such a mind-blowing shock. :sarcasm: :rotfl:

I think 99.9% of us on the board called this when the first spoilers leaked saying Alex would turn out to be Victor's son.

Well, I'm glad baby Victoria is named after her true grandpa. He would've loved that.

Thanks Robin.......What a bunch of dribble today. Plus, I kept saying, I swear I saw this already. (yep, I did, yesterday, one of the many clips on Days of Days, lololol) . Wonder which of the letters got shredded. And also wonder if anyone will tell Xander, and Alex, who really is Victor's heretofore unrecognized son?

Ah, so they forge a letter naming Alex as the son, Xander is left out, Theresa figures she has Alex right where she wants him, and just needs to get him to marry her, (Is this where Konstantin's "equipment" comes in??? Will she fake being pregnant, or will Vic's letter now say he wants Alex to marry Theresa?? Well, just follow the yellow brick road, my friends....it will surely lead to another fork, then another, as there has to be twists, and more twists, I guess.

Thank you, Robin!

I laughed when EJ called for Harold and then said something like, "I guess even servants deserve a dinner break." He was not far from the door, why the heck did he have to call for Harold? I know, da plot, da plot. Had he not gone to the door, Sloan could not have come in. Happens all the time, though. Someone calls for Harold when they are so close to the front door.

Security at DiMansion is a joke. They need not only cameras but something at the doors. How about those progressive thingymajigs where you have to put your hand on it or it identifies you by your eye? That way only those who live there could get in. Even at the cellar. Sloan would have found a way. Too easy to break in and break out.

Of course, timing in Salem is never realistic. How did Konstantin's "people" recreate the document before Alex and Brady returned? I guess we shouldn't think that hard. Magic equipment, just like Dimitri's magic you-know-what.

When the truth rears its ugly DNA head, I hope that EJ recalls Nicole asking him to read the document again "to make sure nothing changed," though she was being playful. Little did she know. Pretty sure he will think she was lying to him about the paternity.

I know it will be a long time before the truth comes out about Xander, but I sure can't wait for Alex to be tossed out of Titan. He is so smug.

I wish Maggie wasn't so nice to Konstantin, telling him to stay longer. He was downright nasty when we saw, in the flashback, how angry he was at Victor not leaving him anything. His ulterior motives are rising to the top, and poor Maggie will be victimized, once again.

That is so generous of Marlena trying to make nice with Sloan. I can't wait for Sloan to be revealed as the conniving hussy that she is.

Thanks Robin.......What a bunch of dribble today. Plus, I kept saying, I swear I saw this already. (yep, I did, yesterday, one of the many clips on Days of Days, lololol) . Wonder which of the letters got shredded. And also wonder if anyone will tell Xander, and Alex, who really is Victor's heretofore unrecognized son?
The phony one. The real one had 1 2 on it. EJ put that one in the safe. At least, Justin hasn't been duped all these years. Big come down for old Alex! I thought Theresa was in Greece about 2 minutes, but she had time to me Konstantin and alter the will.

OK now I need a history lesson. Who is Xander's mother? Not Anjelica Deverieux? And who did we think his father was? So, the letter to Victor from their son's mother was not from Anjelica.

My first thought re the daffodils, NOT in October!! Apparently that was Maggie's first thought too.

We don't know who Xander's mother is, just that her maiden name was Cook, the last name he occasionally uses. His father was said to be Titus, Victor's younger brother we never knew about until Xander came to town. Victor said Titus was a loser.

So the letter was apparently from Ms. Cook-Kiriakis to Victor, not from Anjelica Deveraux, Alex's mother.

But wasn't Cook his mother's maiden name, which is why he uses it? His dad was Titus, and I thought the mom WAS named Anjelica. Then again, Days has changed or retconned so much, hard to keep track.

Yes, I noted above that Xander's mother's maiden name is Cook and that Xander occasionally goes by Xander Cook.

No, Xander's mother's first name has never been said.

The letter in the envelope was signed by Anjelica, which was the forgery done by Konstantin and Jeannie T.

Thanks, robin.

So, Xander is Victor's son not Alex. How long will it take for truth to come out? And who has the original letter?

Interesting to learn Victor left all the family out of the original will except Maggie and the unknown son. Why didn't he
leave anything to the rest of the family?

Does Theresa actually think Alex will marry her to get money? Well, it's Salem and it's Theresa. :)

Konstantin was the one who told Victor to change his will. Did he actually think he'll get something since his loan
was forgiven?

How long will Konstantin stay in Salem and will he try to woo Maggie?

Sloan got the original DNA report again. How long will it be before the truth comes out about that? And she has a
paper shredder in her living area (but it's also her office). Will Eric and Sloan find a new place to live if they get a baby?

Kudos to all posters who went on record as believing that Xander was Victor’s true heir. All those Salemites who will be howling over this new development have conveniently forgotten that the X-Man did a fine job when Vic put him in charge. Unlike Alex, he didn’t spend most of his time trying to bed every hottie in Salem. (Wherever he is, Charlie Dale will be celebrating his friend’s good fortune.)

That old faker, Konstantin should deal with his disappointment at not getting a drachma in Victor’s will by scarfing down a few gyros and swilling a several glasses of ouzo. After that, he can take his sorry self back to Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Rhodes, Salonika, or wherever he comes from. As for “Gwennie T.”, she can go with them.

Finally, Sloan is digging her own grave. Her paternity fraud will be exposed just as every other Salem dirty secret has been revealed in the past. It would serve her right if she loses Eric (yes, he’s not much of a prize) and gets disbarred.

I can’t wait for Eric the sourpuss to find out that Sloan is a liar. And let’s not forget the other thing everyone here has predicted from the beginning: also, probably, a kidnapper of Eric and Nicole’s baby. How long before Nicole’s baby “dies” or goes missing while Sloan amazingly finds a baby in need. The writers really want her to be a younger version of Nicole.

You can’t just go out and adopt a white American baby at the drop of a hat (the race and nationality make a difference). So when they get one only a couple of months after starting the process, red flags should go up all over the place. Then, wait for it… oh, look, the baby needs a transplant or genetic testing. Huh, why is half the town’s stored DNA a match for Sloan’s mystery baby?

Brady doesn’t understand how Victor would have been so cruel to have left Alex’s paternity remain a mystery for so long, ruining so many people’s lives.
It's almost like he doesn't know his precious grandfather at all. Victor, Stefano, Ernesto, and Clyde were in the same ballgame.

I thought the mom WAS named Anjelica
We've speculated that, but it's never been confirmed. You could fit Xander's statements about his mother into a 20-second YouTube clip.

It would serve her right if she loses Eric (yes, he’s not much of a prize) and gets disbarred.
A more fitting prize would be having to keep Eric and his sour face scowling at her non-stop, and being forced to continue to practice law in a place so dismal it would make her yearn for disbarment - as the off-screen public defender who's mentioned but never again seen.

I thought the mom WAS named Anjelica
We've speculated that, but it's never been confirmed. You could fit Xander's statements about his mother into a 20-second YouTube clip.
Some people speculated Xander's mother was also named Anjelica after the letter was read. But we now know for sure it was a forgery by Konstantin and Jeannie T.

The only thing we know about Xander's mother is that her maiden name is Cook. Nothing else has been said about her. And now we know she slept with Victor and passed off her child as the son of Titus Kiriakis, Victor's loser younger brother.

Kind of like Andre's mother. All we know is that she slept with Stefano and passed off her son as Stefano's brother's child.

Back