Days of Our Lives - Monday, October 30, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
41 minutes it’s Halloween night. A really slow repeated conversation kind of day.

Marlena talking with John about missing dinner with his dad. She has a new emergency patient. Li comes in looking disheveled. Li thinks he’s losing his mind.

Stefan and Gabi discuss how upset Brady is about their lying to him. They worry about EJ.

EJ drinking as Nicole walks in on him talking to himself. If anyone cares, Stefan and EJ have the same number of shares now.

Chad and Kate discuss what an *bleep* Chad is. Kate tells Chad he needs to vent.

Stephanie talking to her dad replay from Friday where she opens the door, this time we see it’s not Nick (a new character played by Blake Berris, who had played Nick Fallon). He wishes her a happy Halloween.

EJ is ranting and raving about Gabi leading Stefan around by his nob. EJ is smashing glassware; Nicole stops EJ from smashing a bowl.

Marlena wants Li to sit. Li is having nightmares, he can’t sleep, ruminating, pacing floors. Marlena tries to figure out what’s happening to Li.

Gabi is scared by a guy in a zombie costume. Stupid conversation about zombies.

Stephanie is stuttering with the new guy. He says he came to Salem to find her.

Chad and Kate, blah blah blah about how much Chad loves Abigail, and how much marriage is confusing. And how much he is an *bleep*. Chad is the ONLY one who has loved and lost.

Meanwhile back at the apartment the guy Stephanie has loved and lost is still standing outside, Stephanie invites him in and she yells at him. Stephanie yells at him. He never wanted to ghost her, never wanted to leave her. New guy was in a coma, that’s why he ghosted her.

Stefan and Gabi talk about undead Nick Fallon walking around. It’s supposed to be charming, it fails.

Li whines to Marlena about how Gabi no longer wuvs him. Li confesses to felonies.

EJ is calmed down by Nicole's presence. But she’s on to him. Calls him on it. EJ thinks he overreacted to people controlling shares. A discussion of shares. How many shares will the baby get that EJ can control? Will the baby keep the shares once paternity comes out? Nicole yadda yaddas about how EJ can go full DiMera and it scares her.

Stefan and Gabi waste time talking in the town square. EJ has Tony, Theo and Johnny, Chad on his side, they won’t flip on him. Gabi adds Li to EJ’s side.

More whining by Li about the horrible things he’s done.

Kate and Chad continue to discuss how super sensitive Stephanie is about Chad’s love for Abigail. Chad can’t understand why Stephanie doesn’t understand there is no timetable for him.

Stephanie isn’t believing the coma story from new guy. He was hit by a car after dropping off the package. He didn’t have ID on him, he was put into a medically induced coma, he lost his memory too. He’s been working on himself. The best day of his experience was when he remembered how much he loved her, he leans in and kisses her.

Everett, Stephanie exclaims, as she pushes him back. She then tells him that after all this time he can’t assume nothing has changed. Stephanie now explains how she’s not alone anymore; she is with someone new. Everett explains that he has been following her so he could tell her how much he loves her.

Kate and Chad continue to chat about how petty Stephanie’s feelings are. Can you believe that Stephanie wants Chad to move on from Abigail?

Nicole and EJ talk about evilness of DiMera. EJ promises that he will not lose track of how important Nicole and the baby are to him. Nicole won’t get married on Halloween. Why not? You’ll never forget the date? Kissy kissy.

Stefan and Gabi waste even more time in the town square.

Li asks if Marlena if she’s ever had a felony confession? Then a discussion of client patient confidentiality. Li wants to move on, he doesn’t want to have Gabi in his dreams anymore, he wants to move on.

Stefan and Gabi in the town square, they’ve come up with a plan, we don’t know what it is yet. We should consider ourselves lucky.

Kate and Chad talk. Chad leaves the kids with Kate and Roman. He will go home and talk with Stephanie.

Stephanie is not engaged; this gives Everett hope. Everett tells Stephanie that he loves her as much as he did on the day he left for the post office. Everett leaves. Stephanie leans against the door and sighs.

EJ and Nicole will get married November 1st.

Li will start with formal sessions tomorrow. Marlena tells him it will take work but she will help him.

Gabi and Stefan crash into Everett. Everett asks if he knows her? Gabi says she’s never met him before. Haha! So clever writers.

Stephanie's looking at pictures of Everett on her phone. Chad comes in. Stephanie doesn’t want to talk; they’ve talked enough for one day. Chad leaves to get ready for bed. Stephanie stares into space.

Definitely a snoozefest episode today.......thank you Robin......you took a biggie for everyone.

Honestly see no reason whatsoever for Everett. There are enough problems without adding him in. I know Camila Banus (Gabi) is leaving, so the writer along with exec producer figures just have the character waste time with same ol' dialogue. What a wonderful imagination he has.

Maybe this sounds insensitive (not really, though), but Stephanie needs to get proof of Everett's coma. Surely he can get hospital records. Not saying it can't be true, but no one should take anyone at face value on this show.

I agree that we don't need this character on the show. Is he here solely to make Chad jealous? I don't think Chad will really care at this point.

Adults throwing things (esp. expensive things) is just childish. At least Nicole stopped him from throwing the gift Sydney sent him. Sydney has been mentioned here and there lately, but will we EVER see her?

Don't Gabi and Stefan have anything better to do than plot and plan the take down of others?

I felt a bit sorry for Li (don't judge me!). He looked completely lost and broken. Can he be redeemed? Right now, Gabi is worse than Li.

Sydney has been mentioned here and there lately, but will we EVER see her?
Not unless they have a storyline to plop her into. Right now there's no reason to bring her to Salem, unless they bring in another teenage boy who is unrelated. She and Holly can't fight over Johnny and/or Tate since Sydney is related to both of them (Johnny's her brother and Tate is her cousin).

EJ, you shouldn't throw a fit and glass in front of your pregnant fiancee. But I do want the baby to be EJ's.

I really like Blake Berris (Everettt) but can't they get new actors? They have to recycle? Stephanie needs to check out if his coma story is true. If it is true, dump Chad.

And yes Chad, you should understand where Stephanie is coming from. And yes, you obviously moved on way too soon. Personally I never thought Chad & Abigail were soul mates but apparently he does. It was not cool to become so involved with a woman, move her in with your kids if you weren't planning on marrying her.

Can't believe Li confessed. Too bad Marlena can't tell anyone. But jeez, he was dating and boinking Trask. Didn't realize Gabi was still destroying him.

What specific felonies did Loopy Li confess to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, thought it was something new.

It's like Lucy promising not to pull the football. Snerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, robin.

Poor Marlena. She had to miss the family dinner and talk to Li.

Poor Everett. He was involved with someone from Salem. He mailed a package and got hit by a car.
Then he was in a coma and when he woke up, he didn't know who he was.

Maybe Don Craig is in a coma somewhere since he never came back when he mailed a letter.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Li since he lost Gabi?

Chad ticks me off the way he's been treating Stephanie lately. Will Chad be upset when he finds out
about Everett? He deserves it.

I found this since Nicole mentioned Lucy and the football when she talked to EJ about changing, but he always slips up.

charlie-brown-fail.gif

If Everett is a doctor, hope Salem hosp. doesn't hire such a disheveled, unclean looking jerk for it's staff.

While the actor is a good one, I don't care for the character. As far as the actor returning as a different character. at least there has been some time passed since he portrayed Nick Fallon. I will say that Days really should cease doing this, tho. It is one thing if an actor only portrayed a character for a few episodes. But when it was long term, viewers cannot help thinking of the actor in the previous role.

Makes me wonder if Days has a problem, perhaps, getting actors who have not previously appeared on the show, to agree to come on???

I lean towards them thinking that bringing back people will lead to ratings. I can't believe that they can't find people looking to get a break at least. At this point since we're on character number three. I assume this is just part of some campy thing they're doing. I'd prefer they really embraced an outrageous attitude or more of a parody at this point.

Just lean into it, make it funny and move forward. Anything else is just weird when you have semi normal stories going on mixed in with the devil, people dying and going somewhere heaven like, and zombies. The zombies thing was the most ridiculous. A guy died during that and just poof, it's over and done and no one cared. Like what?

New guy was in a coma, that’s why he ghosted her.
Too bad he didn't know anyone on earth who knew he was dating Stephanie. And how they couldn't fingerprint him and nobody was looking for him. Blah, blah.
Can you believe that Stephanie wants Chad to move on from Abigail?
These stories are so bad because there is less than a .031% chance that Chad and Abigail would have remained married the last 17 months if she'd not died.

Back