Days of our Lives - Monday September 25, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
35 minutes (glad we aren't actually getting more time now that they've moved to peacock and can have longer stories as most of today wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Can't wait to see what the scabs have written for us if this is what the "writers" have written)

Kate comes into the pub with disturbing news. Kate makes it seem as if the world has ended and no one told her or Roman. Turns out it was just that Sarah’s baby has been delivered.

Replay of Rex blabbing the news about Victoria being Xander's.

Sarah and Xander in the hospital. They chat. Sarah has a flashback of Maggie telling Sarah to tell Xander.

Vivian wants to have Alex be her right-hand man. Alex tells Vivian to take this job and shove it.

Maggie hugging the will and asking Justin what does this mean?

Xander and Sarah chat, Sarah tells Xander to go first with his news. Xander tells Sarah that he is getting married today. Sarah takes a breath and congratulates him.

Rex and Philip yada yada about the deranged clown story. They discuss Philip and Claire and how this might be affecting Philip.

Justin reads Victor’s will. Victor’s divorce from Vivian was NOT finalized. But as soon as Victor returned to Salem this mistake was going to be rectified and he would marry his beloved Maggie. In the event of his death before making this happen, Victor leaves 50% of his entire estate to Margaret Simmons Horton.

Sarah stumbles with what she planned on telling Xander, decides to tell Xander that she and Rex are going to get married today.

Rex and Philip discuss Bonnie and how Rex became a baby daddy in the middle of the freaking town square while Chloe stands behind a ridiculous flower stand, overhearing every word. Now Rex begs Philip to keep this secret. Rex is marrying Sarah for love; Sarah is marrying Rex for safety.

Kate and Roman discuss their brand-new grandbaby, Victoria. (Remember they think this is Rex's baby)

Alex and Vivian continue to discuss how horrible Vivian has been to his family.

Justin and Maggie discuss if the new will was written because Victor found out he was still married to Vivian? They discuss Victor and Maggie’s wedding and how Justin became their officiant. The whole thing really worried Maggie because of Vivian. They are curious as to who gets the other half.

Xander and Sarah discuss the locations of their weddings. Sarah's is at the pub. Xander's will be in New York. Xander worries about meeting Parker. Sarah tells Xander to be Xander but to be less dopey.

Rex and Philip discuss Chloe being free to be with anyone if Xander finds out about this baby. They leave and Chloe walks out from behind the flower stand.

Kate is being all witchy about not being told she was a grandma again, so much so she doesn’t want to go see the baby. Kate thinks this is all very strange.

Alex tells Vivian that he and his Aunt Maggie get along very well. Vivian tells Alex he reminds her of his mother.

Justin and Maggie continue reading through the will, the following things are left to the people below, the rest of the 50% goes to my son. Not Bo, not Philip, medical care will be provided indefinitely, but they are not the son to which I am referring. Maggie says she does not understand. "The son who will inherit the other half of my estate is one I have heretofore never acknowledged.” Justin and Maggie soap stare at each other.

Xander is pleased with how Sarah thinks he will be a good daddy. They discuss how good he was Mackenzie/Rachel and Sarah. Xander goes to leave, Sarah wishes them a good marriage.

Kate and Roman continue to discuss Rex and his odd behavior. Roman asks Kate if it is something she has done? Kate is shocked, shocked I say. Roman continues that Kate has been known to alienate her kids from time to time. Philip walks in with a "Don’t I know it?" Philip explains that Kayla told him about his niece. Kate tells Roman that now Philip is acting squirrely. Philip compares her to Vivian, who wanted to talk with him earlier today. Kate can’t believe that Vivian wanted Philip to run Titan. Kate runs off to give Vivian a piece of her mind. (I’m not sure she can spare any)

Alex tells Vivian to leave him the hell alone. Vivian is upset that no one wants to work anymore.

Maggie asks who the son is so Justin turns the page and continues reading. “I take this action not to punish my other heirs, but to make amends for denying my son his birthright from the day he was born.” Justin continues “After visiting Bo, I began to reflect upon my legacy and came to realize that this is a secret I can no longer keep and this is a secret I plan to tell him in person upon my return to Salem. However, I am also officially documenting it so there will be no confusion or unanswered questions. The attached letter will explain everything.”

They now look for a letter. There is one with a sticky note, to be included with the will. Maggie reads it. This letter does not make sense. But the letter writer acknowledges that by disclosing this information, pain will be inflicted on an innocent party.

Kate and Vivian have words. The same words they’ve had before. Vivian offers the job to Kate.

Rex returns to the hospital, Sarah tells of Xander and Chloe’s wedding plans. Rex gives Sarah another chance to back out.

Chloe comes into the apartment, has her dress, Xander tells her to start packing because they don’t want to miss the flight. Chloe flashes back to the conversation.

Justin wants Maggie to keep reading. Boiled down, the letter goes “This is what’s best for everyone, especially little Alexander, Sincerely Anjelica"

Chloe comes into the room making sure Xander is ready to go. Xander lists a couple of his faults. Xander is really thrilled with Chloe, how she loves him for who he is. Chloe now breaks into tears; she can’t marry him. She can’t marry him because of Sarah. Chloe tells Xander that he is the father of Sarah’s baby.

Roman is thrilled to meet his granddaughter. (Roman still doesn't know the truth)

Kate can’t believe that Vivian would want to work together. Somehow Kate refuses. They now continue to blah blah blah.

Justin can’t believe the letter. They discuss the letter as Alex walks in. Soap stares all around the room, Alex could catch flies with his open mouth.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure it WILL be Xander, but Theresa must have changed the name - isn't Xander's Alexandros? And, since we are already talking about this, it just goes to show how predictable these stories are. I am still not believing the stupidity that a brilliant businessman like Victor would not know that he was not divorced.

I agree, I believe Theresa switched something on that letter and that Xander is Victor's son. Theresa hates Xander and probably doesn't want him to get his rightful inheritance. Does the writing staff really expect the viewers to be shocked when they reveal that Xander is really Victor's son and not Alex? It seems kind of insulting that it's this predictable.

I haven't watched yet, but I'm 1000% happy that Chloe went straight to Xander and told him the truth. Praise be. I hate when they drag this stuff out and have characters not learn lessons—like paternity secrets always come out in painful ways in Salem and starting marriages with lies and secrets always backfires. It's good to mix things with someone being straightforward for a change.

I also think Xander being Victor's son is a way better storyline, and I'd bet that's the truth. It's probably Theresa's revenge because she irrationally hates Xander.

Last edited:
Thank you for the summary, robinsnest. As usual, the aside comments were better than the actual show.

I'm right there with the rest of you. Xander should be Victor's son. He's the one who had such a crappy life while Justin's son Alexander had one of privilege. Plus Victor was never known by us long time viewers to have had an affair with Anjelica. It was definitely Justin.

The Xander, Chloe, Sarah, Rex baby story doesn't interest me. The only character of the 3 that I even care a bit about is Xander. I wish he wouldn't end up tied to Sarah because of this baby. I don't want him to have to hear the 2 of them talk baby talk at the same time.

Kate was quite the whiner but at least she is figuring out something is up. Chloe is a good person. I knew she'd tell him but I was afraid she'd wait til right before their I do's. I was surprised she hid from Rex and Philip. Hopefully Xander stops the wedding.

They were driving me crazy with the will and letter. Just keep reading! Stop asking questions and just keep reading! I was hoping the mystery son would be Justin.

I was hoping the mystery son would be Justin.
Except there's really no drama with Justin being Victor's son. Alexander, Justin's father/Victor's brother, died when Justin was young (well before Justin ever came to Salem) and Victor was always pretty much the only father figure throughout his life.

Thanks for the summary.

I agree with TinaY, so happy that Chloe told Xander the truth right away. Besides saving us agonizing months of waiting for the big reveal, it just shows how much she's grown as a person and come into her own. Bravo, and I do hope she and Xander stay together anyway. Never liked him with that baby-talk bore (Sarah). And after all of her lies and judging, I hope Xander tells her she can go to Hell.

I like that Louise Sorel is back as Vivian, but her scenes to me seem like filler. It's been three days of her doing the same dialogue with several different characters, and being involved in a dumb plot. I feel back for the actress that she returned and gave her time to an unworthy plot line.

The rewrite of Maggie and Victor's marriage is one of the most ludicrous things I have seen written on the soap. Even more than the constant reversal of Parker's paternity, and of EJ's during the Ian McAllister plot of 2012. I truly have no words.

Anjelica was married to Harper Deveraux who is Jack, Adrienne, and Steve's biodad. He raised Jack only. She was Jack's stepmom and is Alex's mother after an affair with Justin. Or allegedly now maybe Victor. This wiki says Victor tried to claim Alex was his. I wasn't watching during that period, so I don't remember that.

Correct, rs. Duke Johnson was the bio dad of Steve, Adrienne and Jack. She fled the abusive Duke, putting Steve into an orphanage, taking Adrienne with her, and putting infant Jack up for adoption. Her plan was to get settled and on her feet, then go back for Steve, but unfortunately that never happened. Harper and his wife Camille adopted Jack. Camille died and Harper then married Anjelica, who pretty much raised Jack.

Anjelica also married Neil Curtis when she was pregnant. He knew the child wasn't his but was willing to be a father to her baby. Alex's middle name is Neil. Publicly, everyone thought Neil was Alex's father, until the truth came out that Justin was Alex's father.

Even though Harper and Anjelica had divorced and she married Neil, Jack considered Alex to be his baby brother and doted on him.

Back