Days of Our Lives - Thu., Dec. 20, 2018

Easy job! There didn't seem to be many folks around, although the club appeared to be open.
Perhaps, there was a rumor going around that Eric would show up to the club spreading his unique blend of venom and gloominess. Some people drink to forget. They don't need an ugly dose of Salem reality thrown in their face.

I thought we had a scene a few weeks ago where Maggie implied that Neil was dead. I remember everyone commenting about it here and on twitter.

Sarah is just awful. Seriously one of the worst character intros or re-intros ever. Speaking of bad intros, the suicidal nurse was also a bad intro.

Why is Marlena being wasted on Stefan???

John's comment about Paul land speeding down Lombard Street in San Francisco was an inside Star Wars joke since Christoper Sean (Paul) left to star on Star Wars Resistance.

I'm still here for JJ and Gabi. So much chemistry and story potential.

The scene with Abby and the super tall guy was really weirdly directed.

I enjoyed the shopping discussion but why would John and Marlena buy Lani a gift?

John calling Eric his son :love::love::love:

I thought the show was pretty lame today. I was disappointed when I heard Sarah say she had accepted a position at Salem Hospital. Maybe we'll get used to her. Chloe will definitely be the better parent. Eric needs some serious counseling. What's wrong with Kate? She's known that Chad is the father a long time. That is so dirty. (They have a similar story line on GH where one man thinks his baby died but another couple have his baby. The old switcheroo. Their baby died and and so on.. soap opera) . I wish Hope could be the fun person she used to be with a heart full of love but maybe that was just for Bo. There's no chemistry with Rafe. Has there been any hints that Chad & Abigail will find out Charlotte is theirs?

I thought we had a scene a few weeks ago where Maggie implied that Neil was dead. I remember everyone commenting about it here and on twitter.
Yes; it only implied it though. It aired October 29, 2018. The writer on twitter stated that it was "mentioned" Neil died circa 2012.
the suicidal nurse was also a bad intro.
Hear, hear. She needs to learn how to use props, too.
The scene with Abby and the super tall guy was really weirdly directed.
I don't know why he introduced him that way if they were going to show his face. I thought we were going to see only his arms. I think today's director was going for "artsy" in this shot. It failed.

The writer on twitter stated that it was "mentioned" Neil died circa 2012.
Like Poirot said, it must have been a cut scene (if it happened) because we'd have definitely made comments about it here.
I thought we had a scene a few weeks ago where Maggie implied that Neil was dead.
When Sarah returned and they talked about her being a doctor, Maggie said something about how proud her dad would be. But it was very vague and could've been taken either way (that he was dead or still alive).

And she could have been referring to Mickey!
I went to several places yesterday, that do character bios........They all talk of When Neil arrived, and the last time we saw him, as he went on rounds. I remember that scene. NONE said Neil Curtis had died, or was thought dead, or anything like that. Perhaps the show intended a throwaway line indicating he was no longer among the living but they did not. (And to tell the truth, After Tom Horton passed away, I would have much preferred Neil Curtis to have been named Chief of Staff. But, Days has to do some weird stuff with their budget limits.

Here is the last mention of Neil in the daily summaries:

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/days-of-our-lives-mon-apr-22-2013.21591/page-2#post-418583

Post #12 by Lil0:

Wow, mention of Neil Curtis out of the blue! What was that about? Seemed very strange. But I always like at least a nod to the history of the program.
I missed that! Who mentioned him and in what context?
Kristen mentioned him to Maggie. She said something about how it would be if Neil Curtis showed up and he and Maggie just went for a friendly stroll. Maggie said it would be possible for them to go for a friendly stroll. The context was a reference to John and Kristen NOT being able to just go for a friendly stroll. I'm paraphrasing here but the comparison was between these two former relationships.

So as of 2013, the comment by Kristen made it seem as though Neil was still alive.

Actually, Maggie did not say Neil, she said "your father". I undoubtedly wrote Neil to clarify for newer viewers. And she could not have meant Mickey that day (oct. 29) since he was a lawyer......although he raised Sarah.

It surprises me that no mention is made of him at all.

I was referring to the scene on October 29th when she specifically said Neil's name.

But on Thursday's show, just seemed to me she was referring to Neil because she gave Sarah his stethoscope when she made the comment about "your father".

Like Poirot said, it must have been a cut scene (if it happened) because we'd have definitely made comments about it here.
Thanks - this was the conclusion I reached as well. I don't know how intimately she was involved with the show by the time we're speaking of. I knew it was something you (JS) and I and Poirot would have noted (as we did in October, and today) even in passing. When I pressed, this individual stated it wasn't a full "scene" or anything just a "mention". I could get no more info (from her or from 3 Google searches - I do my homework!).

Suffice it to say, I think it may have been planned, perhaps written, but never aired. :)
Maggie said something about how proud her dad would be
You're right, what Mags said was, "Neil always wanted one of his children to follow in his footsteps" as a doctor.
[My memory did not recall her saying Neil - but recalled the following in footsteps part - I looked it up at a site that I trust for recaps which does them essentially verbatim. It's linked above for those interested.]

(And the writer on Twitter was definitely talking about Neil being mentioned. She also claimed they were planning a "ghost" of Mickey to appear at Alice's coffin, but the idea was scratched when 'the actor' refused to take the part. So - grain of salt?)

Back