Days of Our Lives - Thu., Dec. 20, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Replay of Eric/Sarah at the Kmansion, entering a panic as they're unable to find Holly. They're working on a hunt plan when Maggie enters, says she gave Holly to Chloe. Sarah gets very nasty with Maggie, saying she had no right, etc. Maggie disagrees, says she made her mistakes, but will not be judged by Sarah. They get really cross and repeat themselves a bit, before Sarah says that she forgot Holly's custody was all about Maggie and her misfortunes. Eric asks Sarah to step back, and leaves. Later, Maggie and Sarah are calmly discussing the parallels between Eric and Sarah's situations, and her future plans. Later, Maggie says she's thrilled Sarah's staying in Salem, has retrieved "her father's" stethoscope.

At the Club (remember this is supposed to be a business), Chloe is telling Holly that her presents will be at her house this year as Brady looks on. Later, they talk about her fight with Sarah and her hopes for Holly brightening her Christmas since Lucas dumped her. Later, they reminisce about Holly's birth, and Chloe admits she might not deserve to raise Holly. Brady and Chloe then discuss their deeds and misdeeds, whether they can forgive themselves, blah blah. Eventually they decide to use their love for Nicole to guide them in raising Holly.

In the Square (which is virtually deserted), John and Marlena avoid talking about their boys as they talk about shopping for presents. (Claire gets headphones, Will gets a backpack, and Paul sends a text after receiving a sweater from them.) Marlena is distracted by Abigail, should have seen her relapse coming.

At the DiMansion, Abigail tells Charlotte that Julie was on her side. She's revealing a plan to meet with a man today. Stefan0 interrupts her, she claims she was going out to buy him a present. Later, she's gone, and Stefan0 is talking to Charlotte about Gabby. Marlena enters, hoping to dash his plans. She points out that his family setup is delusional, eventually Abby will return. Lots of blah blah as Stefan0 vows to keep Abby from returning.

At the hospital, a nurse, who's never used a prop phone before (it is approximately two inches away from her mouth) is upset about a big mistake she made. JJ comes in, asks if she's OK, she bolts out.

In Julie's room, Gabi debates with the comatose Julie (who's had it in for her since the incident with Julie's "nephew Nick") as she contemplates smothering the elderly woman with a pillow. She decides she can't let Julie ruin her life, resolves to murder her, and is moving to act as JJ enters. She makes excuses, he admits he temporarily believed Abby's claims about Gabi, now sees the facts. She is about to leave, he stops her to thank her for what she did for him last Christmas Eve. After 2 scenes reviewing how far Gabi's fallen, JJ offers to walk her out, she wants to stay and say a prayer. He tells her she's a good person and he loves her. (Factual, not romantic, per his tone.) He leaves.

Abigail meets with someone from the country where she and Stefan0 were married, asks him to go back there and end the marriage. The man holds her up for more money. He wants $50k for the deed. It takes her a scene break but she musters the money and will wire him it tonight.

John is in the Square, calls out to Eric, who is unhappy. Later, they are seated together, and John says he supports Eric. Both men are his sons. After this happy talk (on which we get no further scenes), Eric stalks to the Club and walks in on Chloe and Brady's congratulatory post-pep talk hug. He asks if they're celebrating stealing Nicole's daughter.

In the Square, Marlena has learned from John (still sitting at the same table) about the Maggie/Holly mess, and is angry about it. Marlena reports on her trip to the Dimansion and her talk with Stefan0.

At Dimansion, Stefan0 talks to Charlotte about what a pathetic loser millionaire he was before her, now he will have a happy Christmas.

As JJ leaves (above), "Gabby"/Abby stalks in the hall. Back in Julie's room, Gabi again grabs the pillow and moves to act. Then stops, thinks it over, reconsiders, re-reconsiders, etc. She chucks the pillow, deciding that Arianna deserves a better mother. "Gabby" enters.

Not ,much of a happy birthday for Holly, huh? Sarah & Maggie sure were yelling, at each other's throats. Marlena really tried to make Stefan understand that Gabby will not always be there, that Abigail will eventually prevail, but he will have none of it, will he?
JJ really had a nice conversation with Gabi, but despite that, she still was trying to smother Julie. Glad she saw the light, commenting that is not the kind of person she is. (but she went right back to it after JJ left, didn't she? ) And now she is face to face with Abby/Gabby.

So now, Eric is still mad at Brady, who also blames himself for this whole sordid mess. Glad Maggie noted that Sarah's outbursts about the situation with Eric, seem to echo her own situation with Rex. (Is she constantly talking of Eric's love and devotion to Nicole and equating that, sort of, in her own mind with how she loved and was devoted to Rex?).
Hmmm, how does Abby come up with $50,000 to pay off Mendez? (That is name my CC gave to the man to whom she was talking)

Abby has some kind of inheritance from Jack, right? Plus, she's been the head of PR for Dimeira. I'm assuming that's a high-paying job -- even if we never see anyone do work. :)

I'm still holding out hope that the writers do right by Gabi's history and rectify this whole situation in a way that salvages the character. I guess they can if they can save Ben, right? Even when Gabi's done shifty things in the past, it's never been as purely malicious as smothering Julie with a pillow. I just hope this is coming to an end soon.

Sarah - no offense to the actress - as a character is unwatchable. Good for Maggie telling her what's what, but I've never seen anything so confusingly horrible as how Sarah talked to her mother today. And Eric just stood there. He needs to put a stop to this. Sarah has been in town maybe 3 or 4 weeks. She has no idea about anything but keeps marching around telling everyone what to do. And doesn't Chloe make the most sense to care for Holly? Holly would be with her brother and the woman who carried her for nine months.

I don't know about anybody else but today's episode didn't exactly have me singing "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas." Even though it's Christmas Eve in Salem, this was, in my opinion, a pretty unChisatmasy feeling episode. But then again, Christmas Eve isn't until Monday, so hopefully things start feeling a bit more festive.

JJ: It looks like he's going to find himself involved in a bit of mystery and intrigue with that nurse. I hope it's good it will be nice to see him have more to do.

Gabi: It was kind of clunky and a bit silly the way Gabi kept pulling the pillow away from Julie's face to talk but it was obvious she wasn't going to do it, even before JJ came in. It always gives me hope when I see she does still have a conscience. Even though I've given up on a reconciliation between Gabi and JJ, I still like their scenes and I like that he was able to reach her. It wasn't as much as I hoped but baby steps, I guess.

Maybe I'm just feeling generous because Camila Banus (Gabi) sent me a Christmas card today!! How did this happen, you ask? Well last week there was a Gabi trivia contest on Twitter and the people who got most answers right out of fifteen question received a Christmas card signed by Camila a prize. It also came with a beautiful promotional photo of her, which I will treasure forever and ever and ever. :love::love::love:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess with the way Maggie used the past tense to talk about Sarah's father, Neil Curtis is dead.
I can't believe they're acting like he was her actual father. Mickey raised & loved her, and she didn't know about Neil until she was a teen. So many huh!?!? moments about this scenario. (At least she didn't get the often-recycled Tom Horton bag for a gift, though!)

Congrats Troy on your win.

Meanwhile I think Gabi can be saved, and will be, but shouldn't be. She played shades today we should have been seeing all along. Unfortunately Days fans online (twitter, facebook, etc) seem pretty ready for an end to her character - many haven't forgiven her for her role in ending Jack (which in my opinion is a stretch, but they feel she's been bad all along and was never a good character).

Jason, Gabi can be saved. The way she was speechifying by Julie's bed and slinging the b/s to JJ, she'd be a perfect candidate to run for mayor. Her slogan could be: "I'll make all Salem 'GabiChic.'" And her lack of experience doesn't matter. After all, pre-mummy EJ showed that anyone can do the job.

As for a few other characters:

Sarah: Get rid of this one ASAP. Her subsequent apology notwithstanding, the way she talked to Maggie was disgraceful. Even Summer, the psycho mermaid, showed more respect for her mother than ranting, raving Sarah.

Eric: Wherever Sarah goes, this sad sack sourpuss should follow. If he wanted to show that he'd be a fit guardian for Holly, he didn't manage it today. Chloe should hire a security guard to keep Mr. Gloom-and-Doom out of the club. He must be scaring away the customers.

Doll-in-Blanket: Kudos for another great performance. It couldn't have been easy to have only a pink blanket between herself and the odious Stefan Zero (the most delusional man in Salem).

Roman: If he's paying attention, he's got another great menu option for the Pub: Henderson's spiced cider. It would be perfect for all Salemites who have sworn off drinking.

Thanks, Jason.

Congrats to your win, Troy

I kept thinking Marlena is correct about Stefan being delusional because the way
he talks to his "dolly in the blanket" :)

I laughed when Marlena told Stefan "It isn't a fact" about his family. John says
"That's a fact"

Sarah really bothered me today. The way she was yelling at Maggie and trying to
talk like her.

John got a text from Paul about doing "land speed record down Lombard Street"
I looked it up. That's the zig zag street in San Francisco.

I hope Abigail can find the money to pay the man off to get rid of her marriage
to Stefan.

Nice to see Holly out of the stroller.

He must be scaring away the customers.
Easy job! There didn't seem to be many folks around, although the club appeared to be open.

Someone on twitter (who credibly claims to have worked for the show circa 2006) told me that Neil Curtis's death was mentioned "about 2 years" after Alice Horton died. I don't remember that, at all. Alice died June, 2010; two years later was the Daysaster.

Oh my god Sarah was horrible to her mother today! I'm glad she did apologize but geez chill!!! Holly was so cute! Is Eric ever ever going to be happy? It's kind of weird how he and Jen don't even interact anymore. I wasn't a fan of the couple but it's weird.

I'm glad that Gabi is not a murderer. I'm sure they will redeem the character some way but she needs to be found out and this needs to end. I cannot wait until everyone finds out that everything she has been denying she actually did!!!

New character. Exciting. Hope she's not annoying. Apparently she does have issues right now.

Meanwhile I think Gabi can be saved, and will be, but shouldn't be. She played shades today we should have been seeing all along.

I agree with the part in bold 100%. There would be hints of conflict within Gabi and there would nothing and then there be another then nothing again. That inconsistency is one of the many things about this story that has been driving me nuts. And that's not a very long trip. LOL

As much as Sarah went off on Maggie I'm surprised she didn't throw Summer in her face, or how Daniel was put on a pedestal while Sarah and Melissa weren't given Maggie's attention much. But yes her meddling has now reached Kate Roberts status.

Overall I felt today was a filler episode but it moved along regardless. I did enjoy however the fact we get to see Marlena and John doing Christmas shopping and checking off names on their list, we usually don't see any of that regular people stuff on the show like that was nice.

Back