Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jan. 10, 2019

Melinda's petty villainy is cheap writing. I'm so beyond sick of female villains (and villains in general and NO they are NOT needed to cause drama, at least not at the pace Days introduces them.)
Melinda is a joke a D.A. -- another black mark against the Salem legal community along with bumbling Justin, shyster Ted and know-nothings, Carrie and Belle. She's starting to make the air-headed D.A. Woods look good. Trying to convince Abigail to reconsider not testifying against Gabi was proper, but then threatening to prosecute Chad -- another person that she'd need Abigail's cooperation to go after was ridiculous. If the Barracuda wants to go after Gabi, she ought to start doing some more interviews to see if she can make a case without Abigail's cooperation.

So why isn't Melinda engaging Julie to get to Gabi?

Sorry to be a lone wolf but I just don't see the fabulous actress representing Sarah. Not slamming her as a person, but she always is so blasted indignant. Very one dimensional and obviously hot for Eric. This character is about as appealing as Serena, Deimos or Leo.

Eve going after Jack will backfire. Just how long will they drag it out?

Last edited:
@Jason D........What difference does that make? This is Days board, and the show is Days of Our Lives. Actors do all sorts of gigs, movies, plays, write books, talk shows, game shows. etc. Unless an actor is brand new to acting, and this is their very 1st job, every single actor on Days has done work elsewhere.

What on earth was Sarah wearing? The colour flattered her in low light but at times she looked like a radioactive highlighter.

I'm going to have to go back and look at that. I didn't even notice what she was wearing. I've been so distracted by the hairdos Abigail and Sarah are wearing, I hardly notice anything else. It used to be that kind of hair was only seen on wicked witches in movies or storybooks. I guess it's popular now. I saw someone else on tv with the same look.

Maybe the gals have to look uncombed/bedraggled to go with the guys who don't shave and they all wear jeans with holes in them.
Then again, I notice some males have now shaved and gotten haircuts, so maybe it is just the gals's turn to look scruffy????

I think Jason may be pointing out that they have been on other soaps. It would be interesting to bring in some actors with experience outside of Daytime to freshen things a bit. What I am noticing is that these actors coming from other soaps do not seem to offer acting skills that much better than the newcomers. I keep hearing how great they were on these other shows. They come to Days - maybe a different type role - but with experience. Now is it the actors or the writing for these actors? I think experienced actors should be able to overcome writing and show their experience.

Writing has been awful forever on Days. They are destroying characters right and left. What purpose does it serve other than to alienate a fan base that is dwindling judging by the ratings? Science fiction is so overdone and really has no place in daytime drama. It is just too stupid and insulting to those who love characters, romance and adventure. Science is not an adventure suitable to daytime. In the case of Days it has become a caricature of reality. I don't want comic book stories.

Maybe the gals have to look uncombed/bedraggled to go with the guys who don't shave and they all wear jeans with holes in them.
Then again, I notice some males have now shaved and gotten haircuts, so maybe it is just the gals's turn to look scruffy????

Now there's a thought, Poirot--the gals with their own way of looking scruffy. But tonight I noticed a few others on tv who were sporting this new look, so I've decided I might as well get used to it. I'm thinking about letting my hair grow out because that is exactly how mine would look if it were longer and I just washed it and let it drip dry. Well, except mine would be gray so I guess I'd better scratch that idea. :eek:

I too have noticed some of the guys on Days being better groomed. Now if Jack would only shave, I'd be happy!

This character is about as appealing as Serena, Deimos or Leo.

Or StefanNo, Eve or Morgan Fairchild's Anjelica. See a pattern? The show never seems to learn that just because an actor was popular on another show, that does not mean they be popular on Days. And besides that, this show hasn't had a good introduction of a new character in years with maybe the exception being Paul.

Back