Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jan 23, 2020

though I didn't notice that both cribs were empty, I believe you are right. (I kept the episode because it was so dense I knew I'd need to review it.)
I just checked and it's weird. When Victor and Xander first walk into the nursery, all 4 bassinets are empty and the doctor is working on who we assume to be Baby Horton. After she tells Xander she did everything she could, but the baby is gone, then asks if he'd like a moment alone with his daughter, Baby Black is suddenly in her bassinet. Very poor continuity.

1189ca362a7f90a79b1b474cd8aa4049.jpg

Notice the bassinet behind the doctor is empty (that's Baby Black's bassinet). You can also see through Baby Black's bassinet to see that Baby Horton's bassinet is empty, too.

eccd39ede3c0844141d638736f085324.jpg

When the camera pulls back and the doctor asks if Xander would like a moment alone with his daughter, Baby Black is suddenly there.

Maybe the bigger question we should ask is just where is Eugene Bradford and his time machine at the moment?? Did he pop in, freeze time, and drop Baby Black into her bassinet?

As of Thursday I don't think Sarah noticed that the baby looked different so I'm hoping that the baby who died was in another accident, since the doctor did mention an accident. Sarah's baby is hers and hopefully Xander's and who knows what happened to Kristen's. Maybe Stefano took it? It seems he was switched into Steve's body by this time since he blew off his sister's death.

True, but I feel like they probably would have had her make some comment so that Xander could blow it off at least confirming to us that a switch happened. So my hope is that doesn't happen today meaning the big reveal is that there was never a real switch. I'm just hanging on to hope that they don't have to ruin Sarah and Xander's relationship because it occurred to me the other day that I don't really like anyone lately. Never thought Sarah would be the one character I'd like. Oh wait I like Justin and Kayla but I'm trying not to get too invested in that.

Bo/Hope and Lexi/Abe never noticed the difference in Zack and JT when they were switched. Sami never noticed anything was different when Sydney was switched with Grace. All of those new parents spent time with their original babies before the switches. No one ever says "hey, my baby had a birthmark, freckle, more hair, less hair, dark hair, etc. and this one doesn't."

I don't think I've ever seen a baby switch storyline on the soaps where the parents ever notice a difference in the baby's appearance after the switch.

The only thing that came close was fairly recently on B&B when a character was told her baby died (the doctor stole her baby and sold it). By chance, another mother had a stillborn and left the hospital, so the doctor put the dead baby into the other mother's arms. The mom and dad held the dead baby and lovingly looked her over, head to toe. They later noted a birthmark on her one arm or leg.

There was a set-up for them to eventually go to a support group for parents who lost babies. Presumably, the actual mother of the stillborn baby was going to be there and somehow the birthmark would be mentioned. But then B&B sped up the reveal that mom and dad's baby was alive, they were all reunited and the grief support group part of the storyline was dropped.

This episode had me wanting to throw something at the TV set.

Will: He's a district attorney's dream. A person who despite the lack of conclusive evidence assumes he's guilty, and stands around looking miserable. Why can't he give himself the benefit of the doubt until the police do a thorough study of the accident scene.

Brady & Kristen: Their mutual-admiration society was unbearable.

Maternity ward doctor: This one was awful even by University Hospital standards. She simply declared Baby Horton dead, handed off the dead child to Xander like a football and leaves the room, apparently leaving it totally unattended, allowing yet another Salem baby switch. How about calling for help, noting the time of death, etc.

Haley: Why did she use the stairs? In the entire history of University Hospital everyone has always used the elevator.

Finally, if there was ever any doubt, Victor is the baddest man in the Kiriakis family. Even Xander who had always seemed quite ruthless had qualms about framing Will and making the baby switch, but not Salem's favorite grouch.

Last edited:
True, but I feel like they probably would have had her make some comment so that Xander could blow it off at least confirming to us that a switch happened. So my hope is that doesn't happen today meaning the big reveal is that there was never a real switch.
You & I both.

I don't think I've ever seen a baby switch storyline on the soaps where the parents ever notice a difference in the baby's appearance after the switch.
One Life and All My Children had the audacity to switch babies of different genders across the soaps. Dead baby on OLTL, two living babies, a boy and a girl, on AMC. A character took the girl and gave it to the boy's mom, then took the boy to One Life, leaving the girl's mom to think her baby had died. I can't remember if the parents saw their babies first or not. I guess the surprise of taking characters across the soaps for a baby switch impressed most of us enough to forget about the silliness of the switch for a while. (All of these babies were born during a storm, so the parents did spend time with their babies.)
Brady & Kristen: Their mutual-admiration society was unbearable.
I was vomiting.

Back