Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jan. 26, 2017

Eric can't/won't call anyone, because Hope is a fugitive.
The problem is that Hope is a felon and an escaped convict who will have to face the authorities eventually. Even if Stefano was found in Prague and blurted out, "Wow, I really fooled all of you. I mesmerized bad cop Hope into thinking she'd shot me, :rotfl:" law enforcement isn't going to send Hope a text saying, "Never mind, all is forgiven. Just go home." She is currently believed to have escaped from prison, which is a crime, She'll have to go back into custody while the Stefano story is verified and she tries to convince the courts that she left prison involuntarily (which means she sells out Hattie and implicates hapless Chet). In short, sourpuss Eric is needlessly endangering Hope's life with his bumbling medical efforts.

My great-grandfather was crossing our river in a wagon with supplies in 1892 in winter. Supplies fell into the water, he got wet and chilled trying to retrieve them. Got pneumonia, lingered some days before dying. My great-grandmother had the children gather snow, which they used to try to bring the fever down but it didn't help. I hope Eric's attempts with Hope are more successful.
OC, I love the story of your grandparents. I love hearing about relatives from the 19th century. For some reason, I find it so interesting. I often think of all the stuff I will be able to tell my grandchildren.

@Dr.Bfan......Hope was chloroformed, doesn't know who did it, and really doesn't know who the man was. The fact that Eric found her in the road, nearly dead, would have to carry some weight. However, I will agree that his failure to let authorities know is not good.....and he could get in trouble as well.

@daysdg....I also think OC's story is facinating, and am glad she has been told the story. The trouble with young people, some are much too impatient to listen to stories when kids or teens, and when they finally are interested enough to start asking questions, those older grandparents, aunts & uncles have passed on, their stories with them.

Back