Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jun. 1, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
According to my cable box, this is Episode #13100. That's the most interesting thing I can say. Please fill in any gaps - my channel is the worst and there were entire scenes I could not hear.

Abby is in the square talking to Thomas. She wonders if she’s doing the right thing by marrying Dario. Dario comes up, has bought stuff to make their house look like a home. Abby is sure the returning Chad won’t care. They have a screeching cat or something in the stroller, which Dario calms by racing for 10 seconds. Later at home, he claims the INS agent could be by anytime, they have to make it look convincing. Abby clearly is having second thoughts because of the close living quarters. She calls Uncle Justin and asks for help (but I don't know what she says, because my channel stinks). She does ask if Dario's life will be in danger if he's returned to Mexico. Dario returns, knocking; Abby says this is their home, he should just come in. They rehearse their charade for the "immigration" "'official'".

On the Isle of Doom, Gabi and Chad are bantering, though Gabi is short. Later, he has brought back fish which he needs to clean. (Feed troubles, can't hear most of their dialogue.) There's some argument about her cooking and she finds the amulet. She chucks it and refuses to help him look for it, stalking off. He finds the amulet. They fight. He doesn't believe in curses, but choices. They kiss.

Meanwhile, Lani and JJ have spelled out SOS by moving rocks. Lani had a sleepless night, worried something would eat her. A goat scares her as JJ is talking about how this could be fun. Later she is spooked when he attempts to surprise her, and she slams him to the ground. They recover quickly and toast to being partners. They start getting frisky but find a human skull in the shallow dirt.

At the hospital/nurse station, Valerie tells Marlena and John that Brady’s recovery is a miracle.

In Brady’s room, Brady wakes up and is glad to see Nicole. (Feed troubles.) Nicole recaps how Brady was dying, but Brady recovered for Holly. Valerie comes in and has a good report, asks Nicole to leave. Nicole and Brady thank each other for saving their lives.

Back at the Nurse station, Rafe arrests Nicole. Later at the station, they talk about the case against Deimos (again, I don't hear most of what they say).

In Marlena's office, Marlena has taken Chloe aside but Chloe wants to retrieve Holly. (I can't hear most of it, but) Marlena tries to convince Chloe to convince the police that Nicole had permission to take Holly. She goes to the police station, Rafe gives them a moment and talks to Dario about moving in with Abby. Rafe sniffs a rat. Dario asks Rafe to cover for him.

Abby dreams of Chad, who apparently scolds her for her marriage scam. She wakes with a start, but does not recall the dream. Dario returns, and Abby reports something's wrong with Chad.

Nicole struggles to hand Holly over to Chloe. Nicole vows to find her way back to her. Chloe leaves, Rafe comes in to cart Nicole away. They hug.

I hate this Abby/Dario story. Especially since we know he is lying about it. It's really creepy that he is forcing a woman to be affectionate toward him. Abigail is stupid for doing it. She's just generally pretty stupid. Totally loves Chad but "has" to let him go because he and Gabi were destined.

Let's see, they have been out of high school and past all the baseball crap for what, 6-8 years? They haven't been "finding their way" to each other all this time. In fact, Gabi was obsessed with Chad a few years back and he wanted nothing to do with her! Just tired of being force fed Chad and Gabi.

I was hoping when Abigail called Uncle Justin he would discover that all Dario has to do is fill out some paperwork and this would end. Doesn't seem that that will happen. I can't believe Rafe hasn't checked into it. And of course he will go along with Dario and Abby's fake marriage. He does stuff against the law all the time!!

Nicole is breaking my heart. This has to end. How much more can they torture this poor character?!! I cannot believe she had to hand Holly over to Chloe!!! She needs to listen to Marlena and end this. Of course in real life that wouldn't be possible but in Salem charges disappear all the time.

The skull thing is interesting. Will it be someone we know?

Just a few questions about today's doings.

When Lani gets back to Salem, should she consult with Marlena about her fear of goats?

Where did the owner of the Dario-Abigail apartment get that bed? When Chad was redecorating the DiMansion did he hold a yard sale?

Pity poor Nicole -- again nothing but misery. Would King Solomon have solved the Baby Holly custody issue by having Nicole and the dastardly diva have a tug of war with "Doll-in-Blanket?" (The more motivated Nicole surely would have won.)

Why was Gabi so reluctant to handle Chad's fish? Did she think that they'd give her the evil eye?

How long will it be before Love Doctor worshipers start petitioning that he be called "Blessed," for which only one proven miracle is required? (Salemites could then celebrate the Feast of Blessed Daniel while waiting for the second miracle, which can't be far off.)

I thought today's show was one of the worst I have seen in some time.

Abigail is in the wrong job. She could be making a killing as a fortune teller! Hope directly told her that Chad and Gabi are not in Greece together, nor did they go there together, etc! But yet, poor little me, Abigail, continues to lie (sorry, that is what I feel she is doing now) and tell people that Chad is in a relationship with Gabi. I hope Chad never ever takes this wacko back. Abby and Ben forever together is my wish, she deserves him.

Thanks, Jason. You didn't miss much with your station.

kt, I wondered how the goat got there too. If a female goat, maybe they can
milk it.

I got confused with Dario. I thought he talked about the immigration man coming
to prove they were married. Dario told Rafe they were engaged.

We were told Abby took a room at the B&B. Where does Thomas sleep?

Great seeing Brady awake talking to Nicole and Holly.

Are we supposed to believe that Holly saved the day with Brady :)

Will Chloe finally see she the error of her ways and give Holly to Nicole?

Interesting dream Abby had. She knew Chad in danger.

Did the
amulet cause Chad to kiss Gabi?

Once again, Tate is the forgotten child as Brady, Nicole, and even Marlena talked about how Holly miraculously revived Brady. Tate's probably wishing his own mother had taken him with her when she left with that cartel guy.

I liked the scenes today between Rafe and Nicole. The two of them have more chemistry than Rafe with Hope or Nicole with Brady. Too bad they never took the two of them in that direction.

Abby continues along with Tripp as one of the most gullible characters around. However, I did like that she became suspicious enough of Dario's story to ask Justin to look into the time when Dario worked for Titan.

How on earth was Lani a police detective in Miami without recognizing a human skull? Maybe she belongs with the dunces on the Salem PD.

Gabi has lost it. She's resorted to talking to dead fish.

Anything with island or the amulet - fast forward. The only one there I like is Paul.

Anything with Chloe - also fast forward.

Dario and Abby - fast forward

Whether or not Nicole and Holly saved Brady, I am glad. It was nice to hear people say, there was no explanation and they believed there is something more than themselves. Soaps don't do much with that. It wasn't pushy or preachy but at least they touched on it. We have so much cynicism in the world; it was, for me, a nice touch.

Thanks for the summary.

A truly terrible episode. The way that they're writing Lani and Gabi on the island is beyond silly. And I just can't stomach anything with Chloe anymore. Send her away, and leave Holly behind. As far as Brady and Rafe (who shared scenes with Nicole for the first time in forever), really nice.

I must say, that ancient amulet is quite durable. Most artifacts aren't thrown around like a rock in a slingshot, lol.
Of course it is. It's made of durable plastic and came from some fly infested backstreet shop in Cairo or Athens that specializes in faux ancient junk. You know, the kind of place where they sell fake Greek, Roman, or Egyptian artifacts and brand-new antique carpets to tourists and clueless Salemites.

I liked the scenes today between Rafe and Nicole. The two of them have more chemistry than Rafe with Hope or Nicole with Brady. Too bad they never took the two of them in that direction.

How on earth was Lani a police detective in Miami without recognizing a human skull?

I would have loved it if Days had Rafe and Nicole as a couple. But they also make awesome friends.

As for Lani, seriously - human skulls are pretty distinctive when intact. If you can't recognize one, get a new job!

I must say, that ancient amulet is quite durable. Most artifacts aren't thrown around like a rock in a slingshot, lol.

I get the impression that it's changed hands quite a bit. Presumably, along the way, it's been repaired and strengthened. That's be my guess anyway. But this is Days, so who knows.

Back