Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 17, 2018

While what happened to Gabi is unfortunate, for her to blame Abby and not understand what happened with the alters is ridiculous. Gabi lost points with me over her attitude toward Abby.

And, when I watched the episode when Kate and Vivian argued and struggled, I am remembering that Vivian did get shot at close range during the struggle. If forensics is showing something different, then I don't understand, or I am mis-remembering.
Rafe should get Gabi a copy of Insanity and Criminal Responsibility for Dummies. She seemed totally unaware or unwilling to accept that Abigail was not responsible for the behavior of her nasty alters. As for forensics, it must be kept in mind that this is the Salem P.D.'s forensics unit, which is unlike anything in real life or on TV cop shows. If Hope's forensics crew had investigated the Lincoln assassination, she would soon be accusing Mary Lincoln of shooting her husband.

John Wilkes Booth: "I didn't
shoot anyone. Just ask the
Salem P.D. forensics unit."

If angle of bullet was not consistent, or autopsy says Viv was not shot at close range, then there was ANOTHER shooter. And the bullet would have entered her back. Nothing has been mentioned about bullet entry so far.

I agree with all, that while struggling with Kate, Viv would have had to have been shot at close range, etc. Does the bullet retrieved match Viv's gun??

Gabi lost points with me over her attitude toward Abby.
Me too, and I'm a huge fan of hers. But I don't think the writers are invested in having us like her; she's merely a plot device for them in the Chad/Abby story.

As to the shooting, unless there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll, Kate definitely pulled the trigger. And she made a comment (yesterday I think) about "it's okay, no one will ever know" or something like that, suggesting there's an angle we haven't seen yet.

The actual shooting occurred off-screen (we only heard it as the rapist entered the house) and when he entered the room, Kate was standing a foot or so away from the dying Vivian. (It could be argued that that was the position into which she fell, or that Kate shot her from a foot or so away.) Either way since Vivian had intent to kill and the gun was hers a good lawyer (not Justin as DBF would say) could prove Kate was in danger and feared for her life.

If angle of bullet was not consistent, or autopsy says Viv was not shot at close range, then there was ANOTHER shooter. And the bullet would have entered her back. Nothing has been mentioned about bullet entry so far.

I agree with all, that while struggling with Kate, Viv would have had to have been shot at close range, etc. Does the bullet retrieved match Viv's gun??
Another shooter would be consistent with Days history. Recall that when EJ was going to marry Sami in a church, half of Salem was lurking in the shadows waiting to pull the trigger. If Mr. Sleaze didn't commit matricide, Harold didn't get rid of an unwanted resident, or "Gabby" or "Dr. Laura" had seen enough of Vivian, then Vivian was killed with her own gun.

As for Hope, her blather about bullet angles make little sense. If the gun went off while Viv and Kate struggled for it, the bullet could have come from any angle. If Slimy's mommy dearest was shot at close range gunpowder burns or residue would be on her body and/or clothing. To make a case against Ms. Blue Chunk, it would have to be proved that during the struggle, she got possession of the gun and then shot down Vivian. Given that this is Kate who has gotten away with so many crimes in the past, the chances of proving this are slim and none. This is so likely that the Las Vegas odds-makers almost certainly wouldn't take any bets on Kate's legal fate.

Yep, Kate could have gotten possession of the gun, backed up a couple feet, shot Viv from there.

Does she get charged with murder, manslaughter, what? I am guessing another flashback is in our future, one that shows us, in the room, the shot actually being fired.

I am beyond sick of Kate being on every single episode. Enough. And I was glad Hope and Rafe weren't buying what's she's selling. Also, why the vagueness? Either the shooting was an accident or it wasn't.

I don't understand why Abigail is with Gabi? Wasn't she supposed to be with Jennifer because Marlena said she couldn't be alone? This makes no sense.

Agree with all said about Gabi. I get the anger but this is way over the top and contrived. It would have been more believable had she been holding a grudge against Abby because Chad picked Abby over her last year.

True.....she was accusing Abby of subconsciously still holding a grudge because Gabi & Chad had gotten together. Could be she is the one still jealous.

Hated that Chad was yapping about not knowing if he could trust/forgive Abby for being with Stefan. Huh?

I was relieved that Abigail didn't slide back into Gabby while talking to Stefan--this time, anyway.

I wonder if Gabi is going to really take a turn to the dark side. I agree with KathyLu and Poirot. I've always sensed that she's never gotten completely over how things played out when Abigail came back and Chad went back to her.

Back