Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 17, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the police station, Rafe tells Hope he's signing the annulment papers. Kate comes in, replay of Hope having some questions for Vivian's murderer. Vivian apparently wasn't holding the gun when it went off. They want the full story and take her in to the interrogation room for 2 years of scenes. Round and round we go, but no forward movement. (Dull doesn't begin to describe these scenes.) When Kate is gone, back out in the main cop area, Rafe re-affirms he's signing the annulment papers. Hope asks him to stop, she's having second thoughts. He vows to work to get her forgiveness. She throws away the annulment papers, but makes no promises.

At Sonny's Titan office, Leo takes Sonny's cellphone from the desk. Sonny catches him, Leo covers. They talk about working through dinner, Sonny declines. He tells Leo to call the Pub, and then he'll pick it up himself. Sonny leaves; Leo does some video editing.

In Gabi's hospital room, Abby and Gabi have an icy conversation. Although Gabi seems aware of the alters, she is mad at Abby for framing her, because the "testimony that was the nail in the coffin" and sent her to prison came from Abby's brain. Abby recalls "Dr Laura"'s testimony in a flashback. Gabi tells her about Stefan0 being in love with Abby/"Gabby" and taking "Gabby" to bed. Abby is stupefied, has a flashback. Gabi is sorry, thought she knew, blah blah. Abby resolves to plead guilty to free Gabi. Later, alone, Gabi remembers this exact conversation with an actual flashback. (Ask yourself- is this sweeps?)

At the DiMansion, Chad is there to get Abby's things. Stefan0 tries to needle Chad, thinking Abby is in to him. Chad isn't having it, tells him to stay away from Abby, then returning some barbs about how Stefan0 has nothing. He's staying for revenge, reports the rapist. He also seems to think he'll somehow win "Gabby" back, and thinks we'll be sympathetic to his loneliness since Chad's not treating him like a brother. Chad punches him. Big Z seems to have wanted this, needles Chad more about how hot his time with "Gabby" was. Chad grabs a letter opener and holds it to the rapist's throat. Big Z goads him to do it. Sadly Chad backs down, Z says he'll live to regret it. Chad is leaving the company.

At the Pub, Sonny arrives and Jeff is tending bar. (You'll recall him as the guy that helped Sonny use the dating app.) Sonny recaps what happened with Leo; Jeff says that he can tell Sonny has regrets about this. Meanwhile Leo is sending himself racy texts from Sonny's phone. Later he talks to his boss (Kate) about his deeds and she has advice on the next step. Meanwhile Sonny is recapping the Gays of Our Lives to Jeff, who pushes him to pursue things with Leo.

Back at Sonny's office, Leo plays it up when Sonny returns. Leo quits so they can do whatever they want. Sonny questions if Leo can afford it, Leo doesn't care, he'll do what it takes - he'll give him a letter of resignation. Sonny's convinced, and they go at it on the desk.

Chad comes in and hears Gabi say "unforgiveable." At the DiMansion, the rapist is remembering his talk from earlier in this episode with Chad. Then Abby comes in. END

Oh, gosh, was hoping Leo was not going to really go thru with it all, that he did have SOME feelings for Sonny. Nope, not this sleaze.

Could not believe how Stefan goaded Chad, talking over and over about Gabby, & yes, it was Abby's body, but with Gabby, what she could do with it, yada, yada. Truly Slime of the worst. Urging Chad to kill him, slit his throat. Ugh.

And then Gabi, who just refused to accept that Abby did not know or remember what her alters did, so just had to fill her in completely. Yep, shove the knife in, twist it a few times. She may later regret all she said, but it was apparent Abby did not know a lot of stuff, Gabi seemed very eager to fill her in. Tis a shame.

As for Kate and the cops. Really do not understand how they let her get away with the stonewalling. If Vivian wasn't shot at close range, bullet angle, etc. etc. then, Kate should be under arrest, at least until she tells all. (Or did she and we did not see it?? )

Thanks, Jason. I think perhaps I was not as disgusted as you by what was going on, but it still was asinine

Thank you, Jason.

I sure hope tomorrow is better than the stuff that was aired today.

How many folks were urging Chad to kill Stefan so we'd be put out of our misery?

Leo is a disgusting low life, and Kate is even worse for taking over the "Bring down Sonny" plot from Vivian.

The majority of folks here guessed a while ago that Hope was having second thoughts and those papers wouldn't get filed.

Actually, for me, it was because when Hope would make her "final" statements, insist on annulment, etc. She would have this secret, sly grin, smile, etc. It was like she was saying, first you have to suffer some, Rafe.............and then ..:love:

Some episodes come close to putting me to sleep, but this one repeatedly gave me the urge to throw something at the TV screen.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Hope & Rafe
  • Their reconciliation talk is still premised on the idea that the dumped, distraught Rafe did something unforgivable when he had a one night stand with the equally distraught Sami.
  • Cover-up queen Hope accusing Kate of covering up what "really" happened between her and Vivian.
  • The pair of them not reacting at all when Kate correctly pointed out that multiple felon, Mr. Slimy, is waling around uncharged with anything.
  • Both of them peddling a version of the Vivian shooting, which seems totally at odds with what the viewers saw on their TV screens.
Slimy Mr. McSleaze: Repeatedly taunting Chad over the fact that he slept with "Gabby" who had Abigail's body. It's really time for this unbearable creep to go.

Gabi: Self-righteously ripping into the hapless Abigail as if she was responsible for the crimes of alters "Gabby" and "Dr. Laura." Perhaps, Gabi is more like Dario or Eduardo than viewers thought.

Leo: Not only are the little sneak's actions disgusting, they're pointless. If Sonny is actually disgraced, Victor will toss him aside like used tissue paper and give the CEO job to Shaggy Phil or Brady. And if snotty Leo makes too much of a pest of himself, a fed-up Victor might just arrange for him to have an unpleasant, unscheduled meeting with Xander. (Leo suddenly finding himself face to face with a glowering Xander would be worth the price of admission.)

Last edited:
Gabi and Abigail: Wow, okay, this is a rough one. I'm not going to sugar coat it, I don't think Abigial's mental illness negates Gabi's right to be angry. I feel for Abigail, I do, but I also think human nature being what is, I think Gabi's anger towards her is justified. I just do.

However, appearances to the contrary, I don't watch the show with rose-colored glasses. If I think a character I'm a fan of is wrong, I will say it. And today I felt Gabi was wrong. While I understood her anger and the desire to lash out, she needed to stop. She went too far.

Now I think we know in a few days I'll back her with my big old green foam #1 and shaking what my mama gave me and waving my pom-poms and cheering: "Go Gabi, Go!" Sadly, for me anyway, today is not one of those days. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jason.

I knew Hope was having second thoughts about Rafe signing the papers.

And now we know why Sonny has an office with a desk.

I noticed when Leo was transferring texts to his phone so dates showed
up. Can you change the date on texts?

It's too bad Sonny isn't interested in Jeff.

Abby found out from Gabi she slept with Stefan. Abby thought Chad was
protecting her, but Gabi wondered if Chad was upset because Abby
slept with his brother. Didn't Abby do that before? :)

I’m about three episodes behind right now but Twitter is currently exploding with outrage at Hope saying her wedding to Rafe was the best day of her life. I almost want to skip this one. What are the writers doing to her? If not special days with Bo, you would think the birth of her children would rank a bit higher. Jeez!

Thanks, Jason. I think perhaps I was not as disgusted as you by what was going on, but it still was asinine
I am bemused by this comment. This is sweeps?
Leo is a disgusting low life
Let's be honest - this might be easier to overlook if we knew him before, or he had a friend. After all, we know he's desperately poor and essentially being blackmailed into this. There's still time for a change of heart.
Cover-up queen Hope accusing Kate of covering up what "really" happened between her and Vivian
This was a particularly sore point with me, too. I can't even paste my tweet about it here because my feelings were ...intense.
Slimy Mr. McSleaze: Reportedly taunting Chad over the fact that he slept with "Gabby" who had Abigail's body. It's really time for this unbearable creep to go.
20 weeks we've endured him. That's about 18.5 too many for my tastes, but a good villain's arc should be wrapped up in 20 or fewer.
Can you change the date on texts?
Not without high-tech gadgetry, and even then it would certainly be traceable by the network.

Meanwhile, let me emphatically state that Leo, while his actions are slimy, hasn't done anything worthy (yet) of being lumped with the likes of Vivian and Big Z!

Also I'm glad Rafe and Hope are getting back together, so that they can stop having a romance front-burner. It's obvious this is being foisted on the show from on high, but what I'm not sure of is why.

And now we know why Sonny has an office with a desk.
Indeed, we do and you know whose life is going to be ruined because of this? Arianna, that's who. Like grandmother and granddaughter. *sigh*

It was just an attempt at a joke. Because it involved getting intimate on furniture in a Titan office. Lame I guess but not intended to be taken seriously in any way.:)

Last edited:
While what happened to Gabi is unfortunate, for her to blame Abby and not understand what happened with the alters is ridiculous. Gabi lost points with me over her attitude toward Abby.

And, when I watched the episode when Kate and Vivian argued and struggled, I am remembering that Vivian did get shot at close range during the struggle. If forensics is showing something different, then I don't understand, or I am mis-remembering.

That's what I remember, too. That Vivian pulled the gun on Kate, saying she was going to kill her, then the ladies struggled and the gun went off, leaving Vivian dead (well, shot and nearly dead).

Back