Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 18, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Adrienne and Lucas are walking through the Square with Arianna. Lucas missed Adrienne. Rafe approaches, glad to see his favourite niece even though she's playing hooky from school. Lucas and Rafe talk about the Countess Wilhelmina hacking, Rafe vows the perpetrator won't get away. Chloe comes upon them, asks Rafe about the case. Rafe leaves. Chloe thinks everyone's against her, Lucas says it's her own fault. Lucas is no fan of Nicole's, but states the standard case that if Brady dies, it's Chloe's fault. Chloe believes she put Holly first, and that if Nicole had just "let me raise my child" nobody would have been hurt. They get loud about it, Adrienne tries to calm them down. Chloe (I guess forgetting what a tramp she was when married to Lucas) tells Adrienne to watch out before Lucas turns on her, too.

At TBD, Dario is telling a crony on the phone to be careful. Abby enters, has decided her answer to his proposal that they wed so he can stay in the US is a definite maybe. She will consider it further after he's explored every other option. He gets a call that shakes him up. He reveals that he has Argentinian enemies with Mexican druglords from a bad deal he made in Argentina; word is out he's being deported.

Meanwhile on the plane, Gabi and Eli are talking about the Chad/Abby divorce when JJ and Lani enter. JJ and Sonny decided to get Gabi back home, this enrages Gabi, who storms off the plane. Eli thanks JJ for sending her straight into Chad's arms. JJ explains that Paul and Sonny are watching Deimos and they need to be ready to move when Deimos does, without worrying about Gabi.

In Greece, Hope talks to Chad about the divorce because the jet isn't repaired. Hope knows he bought the amulet. Gabi joins Hope/Chad, updates them on Paul/Sonny's stakeout and learns about the cursed amulet. Hope leaves. Gabi and Chad discuss the curse and the jet problems, Gabi knows it's not legal. She advises Chad to dump the amulet, or sell it to Deimos. They argue; he gets a call and leaves. Gabi examines the amulet while he's gone.

On the jet, JJ can't get a signal so he steps off the plane. Eli asks Lani what she thinks; Lani loves hearing men decide what women should do, wonders why Eli didn't go after her. Eli has a job, what can he do about Gabi's feelings for Chad. Lani admits it wouldn't be bad if JJ's ex was in a relationship, but she thinks Eli and Gabi would be a good match, and he should fight for her if he wants a serious relationship with her. Eli is going to check on Gabi after checking in with local authorities.

Chloe goes to TBD and turns down another drinking contest with Dario. She laments running into her ex Lucas and how everyone hates her. Dario says she's not horrible, gives her coffee. Chloe drinks it, it's too hot; she never thinks before she acts. They talk about Parker, who needs stability, which Chloe cannot provide here. Dario suggests she sing at the club; she accepts.

Abby runs into her Aunt and Uncle, still wandering the Square. They lament Abby's separation and learn of her divorce. Abby asks where Ari's mommy is, she replies, "In Greece." (Too cute.) Lucas flummoxes, zips Ari away. Abby laments to Adrienne that she was right about Gabi/Chad.

On the jet, JJ returns, tells Lani that Deimos hasn't moved. Lani suggests they get a hotel. JJ learns that Eli went to find Gabi, didn't want to give up without a fight. JJ has no feelings for Gabi. They decide to use their imaginations to enjoy Greece. They dance. He pulls away and they remind us that they're taking things slow so they don't screw things up. Hot, heavy, stop. Hot, heavy, stop. Etc. They go back to hot and Hope boards the plane, updates them about Deimos and Xander working together and how they'll all need to work together. She suggests they take a break, will alert them when Sonny checks in. She calls Rafe (see below).

Back at their hotel, Lucas and Adrienne talk about her healing and when she'll be ready to make love with him again; not because he's pressuring her, but he wants her to know he'll wait and hasn't lost interest. She's glad he feels that way, she misses their intimacy as well; but she doesn't feel like herself yet in "this new body."

Rafe goes to TBD, asks about Dario buying three warehouses on the docks, hopes GDR is going legit. Dario reveals his citizenship crisis. Rafe vows to help. Later, Rafe's in the private area, takes a call from Hope, who believes she's stopped Chad from his action. She updates him on Deimos, he on her re: Dario's deportation. He asks her to be careful, she's out of her jurisdiction (yes he says this) and he doesn't want to lose anyone else.

Abby has returned to TBD and says, "I am willing to give it a try for now, so let's go get married."

Gabi and Chad are walking after going somewhere, she has a kabob and had danced with some guy. She goes to show Chad a dance move, twists her ankle. He carries her to the hotel. His room has been sacked, a man with a knife threatens him.

Can we get any more contrived? Gabi can't dance for 2 seconds without apparently severely twisting her ankle so she has to be carried. Ridiculous. And Abigail saying yes to Dario's marriage proposal. And Dario saying no to Rafe helping him with his deportation issues. Just all so dumb. Though I did think it was funny that Chad just continued to eat the kabob when Gabi hurt herself and she had to say "are ya gonna help me?"

I do love that everyone is giving Chloe grief for what she did with Holly. And to me it looks like Dario should ask Chloe to marry him. How is he giving her a job when he's having to sell the club? At that point he didn't know Abby was gonna say yes.

I don't think Dario is selling just yet. He only said that to avoid telling Abby who he was talking to. Still wonder if he is really being deported. He could have something set up, fake letter, etc.

If some guy in the Argentine Mafia was after him, Dario would be dead by now, even though he is in the States.

Sooooo I have only heard Abby say she filed for divorce. I don't think it's been finalized. It isn't so cut and dried. Whatever! Probably missed when I was on fast forward. Dumb, dumb and more dumb. :whack::sarcasm:

These ploys to get Chad and Gabi in compromising positions are ridiculous. And to immediately pick her up and carry her? And to let him?! :rolleyes:

And doesn't Adrienne know that Sonny is in Greece also, being her son and all? No one in the room knew that half of Salem was there? Might have been a better time to bring that up rather than letting her jump to conclusions out loud.

I'd love more scenes with Adrienne and Kate as she's adjusting. Aside from Kate having gone through it, Salem women need more girl time!

I don't think Kate had a double mastectomy, or reconstruction surgery, though. However, she did go thru a cancer scare so understood, and is why she was there for Adrienne.

I missed over half of the show due to a press conference today, so I appreciate the effort Poirot, Jason, and the others do to put up the summary each day. From what I have read and the bits I did see, it doesn't sound like I missed much, so I probably won't retape the show when it airs on my affiliate tonight at 3am.

Nope, you didn't miss anything. She filed for divorce 10 minutes ago and apparently plans to marry Dario within the next 20 minutes. :rolleyes:
All of this is beyond dumb. Why not just have foolish Abigail be so desperate to save Salem's leading computer criminal that she enters into a bigamous marriage with him? Speaking of computer crime, Lucas better not hold his breath waiting for the Countess W theft to be solved. The writers are always shuffling him off to the sidelines in favor of their boring favorite of the moment. While Lucas waits and waits for some movement in the Countess W case, he ought to borrow one of Justin's law books and read up on proximate cause. Putting the blame for Brady's plight on the dopey diva sounds like something Xander and Deimos would say to avoid responsibility. Chloe refusing to give up Baby Holly might be considered a remote cause of Brady being shot, but intervening actions by Nicole, Brady, Deimos, and Xander are much more directly to blame. Brady (and St. Daniel's heart) would still be hale and hearty if Nicole hadn't run off, Brady hadn't joined her, the obsessive Deimos hadn't hatched his stupid rescue plot, and the hot-headed, X-man hadn't shot Brady in the chest after he tried to play the hero.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jason.

Great seeing Ari with Lucas today.

It was funny when Ari said where Gabi was. Then Abigail whined to Adrienne
about it. Wasn't it Abby that left the marriage?

Chloe got a job singing. I hope we get to hear her.

Lani needs to settle down. JJ kept saying he wanted to wait. I don't think Lani

knows that "wait" means.

I hope Rafe investigates why Dario is being deported. It still doesn't make sense
to me. Oh wait, it's Salem, nothing makes sense there :)

I hope Chad gives the amulet to the thief. There's no need for him to keep it anymore.

Chloe refusing to give up Baby Holly might be considered a remote cause of Brady being shot, but intervening actions by Nicole, Brady, Deimos, and Xander are much more directly to blame. Brady (and St. Daniel's heart) would still be hale and hearty if Nicole hadn't run off, Brady hadn't joined her, the obsessive Deimos hadn't hatched his stupid rescue plot, and the hot-headed, X-man hadn't shot Brady in the chest after he tried to play the hero.

Thanks, DrBakerFan, you expressed my frustrations with the show how the people of Salem keep blaming Chloe for a situation that is not her doing when she was only trying to protect baby Holly. Whether she should or should not have kept the baby from Nicole does not change the stupid decisions Nicole and Brady have been making since Nicole ran off with the baby, Brady getting shot in the chest, or Deimos determined to become Nicole's hero by "rescuing" her.

How is he giving her a job when he's having to sell the club?
Still wonder if he is really being deported.
Me, too, and this club thing seals it.
While Lucas waits and waits for some movement in the Countess W case, he ought to borrow one of Justin's law books and read up on proximate cause.
Frankly I am always on Lucas's side. But in this matter his intercession was not necessary and was only cheap writing so Chloe could look like more of a villain by claiming that Lucas will turn on Adrienne. I'm as sick of everyone blaming Chloe as I am of Chloe's pity party. Frankly I wish she would wind up with Dario so they can both leave town.

Some posters here have correctly pointed out that Chloe has/had Holly's best interests at heart. And also that the cheap, lazy writing is downplaying that. But Chloe is coming off as unhinged; her line today was notable (I included it verbatim in the summary) for its lack of basis in reality. Holly is NOT her baby, even if she does love her more. Nobody is seeing clearly in this travesty of a story. I'd like it to end, please.

I totally agree. I don't think he's really into her. I think he's still hung up on Gabi.

This musical chairs with the Saved by Bell group is getting old. I hope Ron Carlivati can do something more than having them swapping partners every few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back