Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 2, 2019

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Square: Eve blathers on about how Abe isn't trustworthy if he would cheat on Val. Sheila claims the photo is fake, Abe admits it's real. Val stomps off, reporters block Abe. He pursues Val, the audience hoots and hollers like it's watching a taping of Married...with Children, Jack says Abe can't be trusted. Sheila takes the fall, admits she acts inappropriately a lot. Eve tells Sheila she's the victim, Abe forced himself on her. JJ drops the bomb: Jack's the only one who's forced himself on a woman here. JJ bolts, the press queries, Eve blames JJ harboring a felon.

Hospital: Haley asks for her job back. She gets it, and then she and Kayla talk about her marriage to Tripp and its effects on Claire and JJ.

Teen Loft: Claire swears at the picture of Haley, Tripp asks about the lighter, which she says was returned as forensics found nothing. Tripp pleads his case to an angry Claire, to whom he claims to be committed; she is reluctant to sneak around with him for 3 years. She asks him to show his commitment to her, gets him hot & heavy, then drops him. He tries to apologize, even offers to move out with Haley; she refuses, will stay with Pop-pop Victor.

Police Station: Eli reacts poorly to Lani's decision to take a leave of absence. He blames Rafe and ignores a call from Val. Lani and Rafe disagree about the need for her leave of absence.

Private Area: Abe eventually convinces Val that nothing major happened with Sheila, but admits that they have problems between them. Their relationship does not work as it was planned, and though their feelings are strong, neither can move. They kiss goodbye. Val leaves. Sheila comes upon Abe, apologizes for her behaviors and tenders her resignation. They have a flashback fest; he doesn't want her to go. She tells him if she goes, he has a fighting chance to take his goodness to the people of Salem. She leaves.

Hospital: JJ needs to see Kayla. He tells her about his reveal. She says it's okay, in fact she's surprised it hasn't already come out.

Eve's room: Eve is feeling her oats. Jack asks about what JJ said. He feels guilty for raping Kayla. Eve says if it comes out, he'll show his remorse.

Police Station: Lani will be helping Rafe with the baby.

Ivy area (behind the Pub?): Eli learns about Abe and Val breaking up, blames himself for Sheila's involvement, Val exonerates her.

Hospital: Kayla confirms to a reporter that Jack raped her.

Stockroom at the Hospital: JJ and Haley talk about her marriage.

Kmansion: Claire burns the picture of Haley in the fireplace.

I hate, hate, hate that Kayla's rape by Jack is being brought back into this horrid storyline of him wanting to be mayor. Nope, make that Eve wanting Jack to be mayor. The rape, while horrible, happened in the 80's. Jack changed after that, was truly, truly remorseful, Kayla managed to forgive him. Her and Jack were civil to each other, but it did take a long time, a very long healing process. And now, for the sake of cheap drama, it's brought back?

Meanwhile, other rapes are treated lightly, even romantically. I still can't get over Sami and EJ being this golden couple. :sick::sick::sick::sick: Or all those characters giving a pass to Stefan after he raped Abigail. Including women, like Chloe, and now Gabi, who's clearly falling for the sicko. It's beyond disgusting.

If the "writers" can't handle such sensitive subjects as rape, maybe they should just stop trying.

:angry::angry::beat::beat:

Thanks Jason........I do hope Jack will be starting to get his memory back, acknowledge his is not such a clean slate after all, but mostly, hope the writers shut Eve up. She makes more speeches than Jack. Do campaign managers, or spouses really stick their noses into campaign speeches and debates as Eve does? Do they really start mouthing off, too? If the headwriter wants Eve in the forefront, then for heaven's sakes, run HER for mayor.
I like that JJ spoke up, not standing for Jack's finger pointing at Abe. I like he immediately went to tell Kayla, and I like that Kayla did not hesitate to confirm it.
For whatever reason, JJ seems to affect Jack, so good for him (JJ!)
I don't like that Jack raping Kayla back in 1988 is being brought up 30 years later. That reporter could have easily checked newspaper or court records....JJ never mentioned WHO Jack forced himself on, but the reporter knew......so why have to "confirm"?

Thanks for the summaries. The last good episode I saw was Tuesday, despite the heavy dose of Sarah and Rex. I'm actually pleased the truth came out about the kiss. Abe & Val were going nowhere, and it was the best way to end his bland, whining conversations about Val's odd behavior. However, I don't want him and Sheila to get together. He should go to Kayla, which they seemed to be trying to explore in 2012.

I share Kayla's sentiment regarding being surprised the rape hasn't come up sooner. Hopefully this ends Jack's mayoral campaign. He and Eve are absolutely disgusting.

Claire has gone batstuff crazy! I actually do want the Haley-Tripp thing to come out just to implicate her (not for political reasons), and then for the truth about the fire also to come out. That would send boring Haley away, get Claire in jail or an insane asylum, and Tripp in jail, and we can start fresh with a new, interesting batch of younger adults.

Romance anyone?: Are Salemites so starved of love and romance that they would mistake the awkward Sheila-Abe kiss as a sign of a real relationship?

Stick with it: Abe should have stuck around when Eve and Jack started ranting. A calm, solid performance would have stood him well in comparison to the inane antics of the babbling opposition. The way things look now, those two are on the road to nowhere.

Take a hike: Little Trippy should stop trying to accommodate the vicious, unstable Claire. Nothing will satisfy her except hearing that Haley has been hit by a bus or is on the proverbial slow boat to China.

Unwelcome guests: Pity poor Victor. Now nasty Claire will be joining big-mouth Sarah at the K-mansion. How much can one old grouch be expected to endure? And how long will it be until Claire asks Victor for Xander's contact information, saying that she has a little job for him.

Get some professional help: Instead of accommodating Lani's baby obsession or trying to care for the child all by himself, Rafe ought to call Maggie to get the names of some professional nannies. One good candidate would be the blunt-spoken Nanny Megan who once interviewed at the K-mansion. Nanny Megan would not only take care of Baby Ridgeway, but would also give Rafe some straight talk about his messy personal life.

I can't believe people give a rats patootie about someone kissing someone.... especially since it is such a terribly "romantic embrace"

Give the show has just started I'm not sure I have the stomach to continue watching this dreck

Good job writers in turning this once glorious soap into whatever this is now........ certainly not viewable....:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

what a joke...hard to believe Jack actually accused Abe of harrassing Sheila, based on that pic. there's Abe, siting down,arms hanging down, with Sheila bending over him like you would to a little kid.....
Guarantee if I was in audience, I would have laughed Jack off that dais...

@Poirot, That's what I don't understand. I sure hope the writers are totally embarrassed to put out scripts like those idiotic mayoral debates.They have all been ridiculous and, you're right, @Poirot - Eve should be running for mayor. So the wise Salem voters are gasping about a kiss, but it's OK to vote for someone who has NO idea what he has ever done?? I LOVED JJ today and am glad he threw that out there. Being that the election is tomorrow, I am hoping that the news about Jack hits the papers and Abe wins, as he should. So, if Abe wins, what is next for Jack/Eve?

I really will not miss Sheila and am glad she is gone. And, I am sorry that Val and Abe are done, but it really wasn't working. And, Rafe just stood like an idiot, again, letting Lani use her personal vacation time to do his job (which was what Jordan asked him to do).

And YAY for another Sarah-free day!

I hope Trippy is going to do something or tell someone about the torn picture (but he won't), or at least is realizing what damage Claire might be considering.

Thanks, Jason.

I wonder what Victor is going to say when he finds out Claire has moved in?
It would be interesting if he or someone else sees Claire lighting the
picture

Will Tripp put two and two together with the lighter and picture? Probably not.

Will Claire get pregnant or lie that she is after the bedroom rendezvous with Tripp?

Since Abe and Val broke up, will Lani's mom come to visit?

Thanks, Jason, for the summary.

Claire and Sarah both living at K-mansion? No wonder Victor is a grouchy old man. Just think of all the crazy, annoying women he's had living in his house over the years. A long string of them, but most recently, Sarah, Eve, Theresa, and now Claire.

I'm thinking the picture of Haley wasn't going to burn up completely after Claire dropped it into the fireplace. I'm hoping maybe someone will see it there and start to wonder.....

And, Rafe just stood like an idiot, again, letting Lani use her personal vacation time to do his job (which was what Jordan asked him to do).
I just laughed at the logic of a babysitter being a stranger, but Lani and Rafe aren't? Not. Even. In. Salem. does that track!!!!

JS, the kid could also be sent to Sami, Salem's self-proclaimed "best mother"; Kate whom deluded Victor thinks is a good mother; or the Horton Cabin Raccoon Team, who'd protect the poor child from the bad influence of thoroughly dysfunctional Salem humans. If it's the last option, someday, Baby Ridgeway could write a book entitled, "I Was Raised by Raccoons!"

Last edited:
Oh, please, don't let the whole pregnancy thing for Claire happen. That's just not right. Besides, she's so focused on her music career (hey, what happened to that, does she do *anything* anymore?) that she would probably consider an abortion because this would keep her down.

I'm suspecting that Jack may still win the election. Everyone's past is fair game when you're running for public office, no matter what anyone says.

Last edited:
Back