Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 24, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Teen Loft, Ciara comes in, fresh from the gym. Tripp wants to talk about last night. She tries to play it off as she flashes back to kissing Tripp while having a voiceover flashback of her rape by Chase.

Eric rushes to the Police Station, wanting to seek Hope's help dealing with Xander. There must be a way to send him back to prison; Hope informs him that the US deferred all charges to Greece. Jennifer comes in, fresh from Abby's arraignment. She reports that Melinda Trask agreed to a plea bargain, but the judge is deciding. Jenn couldn't wait for the decision; moments later, Abby and Chad come in and announce the deal was accepted. Abby and Chad go in to the interrogation room, where Abby says she knows what he did. She is angry that he didn't tell Trask that she was going to plead guilty to murder. They still love each other.

Justin arrives home to the Kmansion, where a shirtless Xander is planning a private pool party. Xander saunters off, and Justin walks into the living room, where Adrienne and Sonny are reacting to the news of Leo's lawsuit. Sonny thinks it's all a mistake, Adrienne says "that little creep" was setting him up from the get-go. Sonny gets a call from Will about the suit, asks him to keep Leo around (in the Square, see below). Sonny bolts against Justin's advice. Adrienne is furious.

In the Square, Leo and Will are talking about his lawsuit. Will wants to punch Leo, calls him disgusting. Leo will find a more objective reporter (apparently by wandering around the Square). Kate has sauntered up to hear Will's disgust over these actions and she gets a one-shot reaction.

Later at the Loft, Hope arrives to give Ciara (who is chilly) the news about Abby and Xander. She warns Ciara to turn and walk away if she sees Xander. She gets Ciara to confide in her, Hope says maybe Ciara's not over what happened, perhaps she needs some therapy, or to tell Tripp.

In the Kmansion study, Adrienne continues to steam over how creepy Leo is while Xander pops in, still shirtless, to offer snark. He thinks he got back to town just in time, suggesting he'd be the best CEO (Brady can't decide which tramp he wants, Sonny can't keep it in his pants). Justin and Adrienne threaten to murder him.

In the Square, Sonny talks to Will (while Kate watches) before confronting Leo. At their table, Will goes on and on about sexual harassment and Kate needs a drink. Tripp comes to take her order, she leaves without her drink. Will and Tripp talk (Tripp calls Will "Ciara's cousin") about Tripp's relationship status.

Meanwhile Leo is stony-faced as Sonny confronts him, trying to figure out what happened, if Vivian put him up to this, etc. Leo sticks to his story, Sonny harassed him, etc. Sonny drops his K-name, will not let Leo get away with this.

At Doug's Place, Kate is talking to herself about horrible people/every woman for herself when Abby and Chad come in. Recaps ensue, and Kate's okay with Abby because they both killed someone...er, without meaning it, and both have been released from charges. Kate admits that it's hard not see her assaulter "Gabby" when she looks at Abigail. A flashback ensues.

Xander saunters over to the Pub, where Eric has zipped away from a meal with Jennifer to accept a delivery. Xander needles Jenn about being Eric's second choice. Eric comes out, puffs out his chest, but Xander's unfazed, jokes about Jenn's addiction, leaves.

In the Private Area, Leo and Kate discuss their plans. Leo expects a big paycheck for his story, while Kate expects him to get a big settlement. Leo reminds her that when she's in charge of Titan, she can pay him back.

Sonny comes home, blames himself for falling for a con man.

In the loft, Ciara ignores a call from Tripp. END.

So we don't know who opened the door to the room Vivian was in? Wonder if they're going to leave us hanging and it was only to show she's still alive?
Will and Tripp talk (Tripp calls Will "Ciara's cousin")
Well, they are cousins. Wouldn't Will be Ciara's first cousin, once removed, since Sami and Ciara are first cousins? (I know, technically "half" cousins, since Bo is a Kiriakis by blood)

Yes, my comment was more to highlight that it was said and not intended to correct it. I don't take issue with their casual use; only a half-Robot, half-Vulcan like me insists on being technical when speaking about my cousins' kids.

Sort of like how people are complaining (on twitter) that Julie isn't Ciara's grandma. She technically is, since she's been married to Ciara's grandfather for Ciara's entire life. It makes it more natural for her to call her "grandma Julie" than "aunt Julie," so that was the correct thing for them to do yesterday & today.

Gotcha! I like when family relationships are acknowledged when characters are talking to one another. Except when they try to make Hope seem younger by calling Eli her cousin instead of her great nephew. :rolleyes:

Chad met with Trask yesterday and made the deal.
Meanwhile, Chad is trying to get Melinda Trask to let Abby plead to a lesser charge. Melinda is in top form, insulting, throwing digs about Abby sleeping with his brother, they go back and forth. Chad points out Trask is embarrassed over sending an innocent woman to prison, so now is taking it out on Abby. He mentions Abby not being of sound mind, Marlena would testify, Trask throws in how Abby almost killed Marlena, Viv and Kate, they go back and forth, round and round. Chad points out that with Trask sending innocent woman to prison, refusing to let her out, while sending a mentally ill woman there as well..never get re-elected. (Trask says Abby has no permanent address, so is a flight risk, therefore will send her to Statesville to await trial). Finally, Chad convinces Trask that she won't be doing herself any good, so gets her to agree to lesser charge, recommend psychiatric help.

Am glad that Hope persisted with Ciara, who then accused Gramma Julie of putting Chase back in her head, telling how she pushed Tripp away. Hope & Ciara did have a nice talk.

Bugged me that Abby was upset that Trask did the lesser charge thing, and faulted Chad for not telling her. She was agreeable when he explained, but it did not sit well that she was moaning about not going to prison after all.

Kate listened to Sonny, Will, all getting upset for Leo's suit, and calmly walks away.

But I do wonder how Xander knows so much about everyone in Salem, when he was in a prison in Greece. He sure does like to push buttons, doesn't he? Complaining of needing pain pills for his arm which is still hurting, he says, from Eric's attack, then asking Jen if maybe she could score some for him. Oh, he sure is endearing himself to one and all, isn't he? And while he is a feast for many eye, enough already with him running around without a shirt. Overkill!

Oh, yeah, interesting talk with the very puzzled Tripp, who noted Will was Ciara's cousin. He was still trying to figure out why Ciara has pushed him away, and is avoiding him. However, Will cannot tell him anything, tells Tripp he lost all his memories. But even so, advises Tripp to try and talk to her again. Ciara doesn't want to, she claims Tripp thinks she is this strong person, and if she tells of the rape, he will think of her as a victim, want to take care of her, protect her, etc. She could not stand that. Hope does try hard to reassure her that would not be so, but evidently, Ciara can't bring herself to do so. I thought all those scenes were done well. I liked Ciara confiding in her mother, who was loving and supportive. I liked that Tripp is so at a loss, so desperate, he wanted to talk to Ciara's cousin, get to the bottom of Ciara's change in demeanor.

I thought the talk between Hope and Ciara was well done compared to how Days has handled Ciara's rape trauma in the past.

The Tripp/Will talk also showed a compassion/empathy for others that Will had mainly lost after becoming a writer before, during, and after the California fiasco. I'm liking this amnesiac Will a lot more than during those days.

I guess Kate has gone back to being the woman we're supposed to hate again before another villainess shows up. To tell the truth, this back and forth the show has done with her through the years gets on my nerves.

I wish Ciara would tell Tripp that she was raped. It seems like the adult thing to do and I think he would be very understanding and take it as slow as she wants. I still HATE that they even did that rape story.

Abigail did seem mad at Chad for keeping her out of prison. Weird.

Leo, I just don't understand him. He seemed to really care for Sonny but now he's all about the money.

Kate is really a piece of work. When Will said that there are horrible people in the world. Yeah! Your grandmother!! But will she be caught?

Thanks for the summaries, everyone. I'm finally caught up after finals, my Sierra Leone trip, and spending time with my family (brother's home from school and dad came to visit). Despite a few very slow shows, I've been happy with Sweeps. I've loved all the airtime a lot of veterans are getting, as well as the developing Will & Paul romance.

The show has a lot of mystery in it now, with the return of Xander and Theresa especially. Yes, the Eve & Brady storyline is a bit over the top, and I hate that Theresa left Chloe out to dry, but otherwise it's getting much better than the past few months. I'll say I'm glad the storyline of Stefan0 and the multiple personalities is over--took too much airtime, was too boring, and Stefan0 is a terrible character. I’m also glad Claire left town--what an annoying character. We needed a break!

Hope & Rafe and Jennifer & Eric I still could care less about. I'm also tired of the Leo storyline, and think Vivian's death and revival was pointless and ridiculous. Hopefully these kinds of things will be done by summer.

Chad met with Trask yesterday and made the deal.
I had already read Poirot's post that you quoted and I really don't mean to deadhorse.gif but It still doesn't say what the deal was. Yes, it was a lesser charge, but what was the charge?

But I do wonder how Xander knows so much about everyone in Salem, when he was in a prison in Greece.
Maybe Uncle Vic is a gossip. It probably rubbed off from Maggie.

Tripp is so at a loss, so desperate,
He's probably so desperate he will flap the sheets with Claire just as Ciara is about to spill her guts.

They never said what the lesser charge would be. (they did mention self defense), but Abby has to undergo psychiatric treatment. The thing was, Trask wanted to charge her with Murder 1, so it could perhaps have been manslaughter, or something. Dr. Baker might be able to come with what possibly could have gone down.

Chad did give Trask a hard time about how the public would view her, sending an innocent woman to prison, where she was beaten, then sending one who is mentally unbalanced,

Dear JS, Barb, or Jason,

I'm a little bit behind but I need a honest answer to this question. Did Abigail at any point change her mind about not claiming self-defense or did she still plead guilty without making excuses?

When Abby first told what happened she said it was self defense, this was to Chad I believe. But when she began hearing about her alters, and what they did, & began to get flashes of memory, she just insisted on taking blame, she did it, and no, she was not even claiming self defense. She did it, killed Andre, falsely testified against Gabi, which put her in prison.

I know this gets confusing, since the writing or editing leaves out things we question or wonder about....how did this or that happen..........such as, how did Xander get Theresa across the border without her having any I.D. How does Xander know everything that ever happened to anyone in Salem when he was in Greece. Is it all on the internet, every tiny little item?

Thanks, Jason.

I enjoyed shirtless Xander and his snarky jokes. I'm wondering if something
might happen to him? Everyone keeps telling him to leave town and some
want to kill him.

Nice talk Ciara and Hope had. Too bad Tripp wasn't listening at the door.

I'm still wondering how Kate thinks she's going to be head of Titan because
of the sexual harassment lawsuit. I guess we have to wait and see if she
is or not.

I wonder how long Abby will be gone? She's supposed to go somewhere to have
residential therapy. I wonder who she might see there?

Abigail did seem mad at Chad for keeping her out of prison. Weird.

Leo, I just don't understand him. He seemed to really care for Sonny but now he's all about the money.

Kate is really a piece of work. When Will said that there are horrible people in the world. Yeah! Your grandmother!! But will she be caught?
Very little of what Abigail does makes sense. She knows that the evil deeds were done by alters over whom she had no control, but she still insists that she's somehow responsible. In the past, she kept saying that she couldn't be married to Chad because he fell for Gabi when everyone thought that Abigail was at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. Perhaps, the former Ms. Perfect's mind has some serious short circuits.

Leo is out for the money. He may really like Sonny, but his greed and remedying his dire financial plight comes first. The problem is that the Kate-concocted sexual harassment suit is likely a non-starter. For the most part, it's a case of he said/he said. And that recording just shows Leo and the Big Boy cavorting on a desktop. There's nothing in it to demonstrate that Sonny pressured or forced Kate's tool into anything. Victor's army of lawyers (not including Justin) should have no trouble shredding sneaky Leo's bogus tale.

Yes, Kate is a piece of work, but it's always been that way. And, like the DiMeras, Kate always gets away with with her crimes. Her more recent rap sheet has a whole string of major felonies for which she as never even arrested.
  • attempted murder -- poisoned Chloe (2009);
  • tampering with physical evidence -- attempted to frame Dr. McScruffy for Chloe's poisoning (2008)
  • kidnapping and false imprisonment-- held St. Daniel hostage at a motel (2009);
  • blackmail -- hired slimy Quinn Hudson to force Chloe into prostitution (2011);
  • attempted murder -- helped toss Tricky Nicky into the icy Salem River (2013);
  • forgery -- sent a fake letter (supposedly from Stefano) to the DiMera Enterprises board that stated Sami should be CEO (2014).

Back