Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 19, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At DiMansion, Chad spells his name and wants Ben and Abby found. Later, André is chiding Chad for his use of the special DiMera forces. (Stefano is watching, not saying much, from his wheelchair.)

In the remote cabin, Abby continues to beg for help, Ben has a midwife coming. This isn't what Abby meant by natural childbirth. Ben has a gun. A bit later, she begs him for a blanket, convinces him not to tie her up while he gets it. While he's gone, she grabs something under the bed, quickly shoves it under herself when Ben & the midwife arrive. He'll get the blanket when the midwife is gone (Abby is trying to send signals to the midwife, giving lots of info, etc). Midwife Wendy tells Abby she's in labour, they need to get her to a hospital. That's not going to happen, Ben says. Tries to convince Abby that she wants natural childbirth, here with him & the midwife. This fails; Wendy asks Abby what she wants, then goes to call for an ambulance. Ben puts the gun to her head.

In her bedroom, Kayla pushes Steve away after receiving a text from Ciara about Bo's surprise party. She tells Steve ist was a mistake, flees.

At Hope's, Hope is not up to partying, as she can barely keep it together in her own house. Ciara is all fired up, wants to show "Aiden and those jerks" that tortured Bo that the Bradys have won. She gives her mom a present, a lovely locket with a picture of Bo & Hope on their (first) wedding day.

At the Pub, Bo is surprised by his party, but isn't sure if Hope is going to be up to it. Bad days are behind them, Caroline states. Steve and Kayla arrive, joking about Bo being Odysseus, meeting the cyclops (Patch, LOL). Jennifer is there, Maggie, Victor, Roman, Abe, Eric, Shawn-D, Doug, Julie. Bo heard Caroline's voice telling him to eat, heard the guards yelling at him in Greek, and Kayla and Roman's voices urging him to escape. When things got really rough, he pictured Shawn-D, Chelsea/Ciara ("your sisters," to Shawn-D), Zack, and most of all, Hope. Enter Hope & Ciara, hug. Julie reminds the partygoers that many would not be here if not for Bo, reminds them of the Cruise of Deception with Ernesto Tuscano and his attempt to blow up the boat, how Bo saved everyone (flashbacks included). Shawn-D talks about the many times Bo saved his life (flashback to a helicopter rescue), Bo wants the stories to stop, stands up, gets dizzy. Tells Hope he's fine as he and Kayla exchange looks. Bo blames it on the booze, Roman tells Bo he's glad he's back so he can beat him at poker, golf, etc. Aside, Steve asks Kayla if they should scoot Bo out; Kayla thinks it will be a good memory before the good-by. Caroline hugs Bo, and has a flash of Hope and Bo on the ground by a bench.

At John & Marlena's, John has been making calls about Sami; his intel tells him she's not being held at DiManse. Marlena wants him to call in an ISA favour, but he admits he can't - he was fired. Didn't want her to think it was because of her; they need to talk to André, but need a bargaining chip. They have to think like Sami, find the codes, which perhaps may be here. ("God help us," Marlena jokes.) Later, they have come up empty; Chad arrives, wants to see Marlena. John is defensive, but Marlena OKs it; John leaves, Chad updates Marlena on Abby's absence, lack of communication with Jen, etc. He asks to be hypnotized again, to see if he can recall his conversation with Ben. She will help him if he helps her.

At the Pub, Bo asks Caroline what's wrong; she plays it off, has to go to the back, Bo tries to help. Victor and Maggie stop him, they'll help her. Bo moves to a booth with Doug and Julie. They talk about whether Hope was really ready for this, or is just being brave. Thanks Doug & Julie for being there for Hope & Ciara, wants them to know how much that means to him. Doug says above all, they are friends, words are not necessary, they know.

In the back, Victor is asking Caroline what happened as she tries to brush it off as nothing. Maggie asks if she had another vision when she hugged Bo. She is angry, tells them finally that she saw Bo and Hope crying. What she saw in Mexico happened, what she sees, happens! Maggie suspects it might be tears of joy.

Later, Bo is talking to Chelsea on the phone, outside. Tells her things are up in the air (she must be asking him to visit or something) so he can't, tells her he loves her, bye. Back inside, he tells Hope/Shawn-D/Ciara about his call with Chelsea (~4 am there, per Hope). Tells Shawn-D he wishes he'd brought his wife & daughter with him. He tells Ciara how special she is to him, they hug; she fears she's dreaming, doesn't want to be awakened if it is. Ciara gets an idea, everyone jokes "Uh-oh," LOL, Ciara proposes Bo and Hope get married again, for real, if not legally, while everyone's together. Ciara declares that "last night didn't happen, that wasn't real. This is real." Abe will be honored; Hope seems up to it, but Bo rushes out.

In the party, Eric asks Jen if she's OK. Jen is on emotional overload, worried about Abby, who's only been gone since last night. She moves over to Steve, hasn't thanked him for bringing Bo back. What's next for him? He's sticking around, he made a promise to Joe/Kayla.

Hypnotized Chad remembers his fight with Ben, how scary Ben's eyes were, flashes back to his confrontation, vowing to see Ben "rot in prison" for what he did. When he snaps to, he can't remember. Marlena explains that she & John think the DiMeras have kidnapped Sami, asks Chad to check the mansion. He agrees after learning that John is sure; John returns, Marlena explains Chad will help them. John and Marlena talk over what Sami does when she's in crisis, which is NOT to be rational (you can say that again!!) She regresses, Marlena says; pulls out a doll where Sami once stored info about Kate. They find a flash drive, hope it will save Sami.

At the party, Hope worries that Bo hasn't forgiven her for giving up on him. Outside, Bo is having a headache, Steve rushes to his side. Bo gives him the keys to their stolen bike, Steve wants to share it, thinks Bo should tell Hope what's going on. Bo wonders how he can tell Hope he's dying.

Wait, when Ciara said that "last night didn't happen" and that Abby has only been gone since last night..... this is only supposed to be the next day???

Wasn't Hope hospitalized for a few days? And Chase running out after discussing the option of staying at Jenn's. And how is it possible that in Hope's emotional state, she would be with Bo only a day after someone tried to strangle her?

Wait, when Ciara said that "last night didn't happen" and that Abby has only been gone since last night..... this is only supposed to be the next day???

Wasn't Hope hospitalized for a few days? And Chase running out after discussing the option of staying at Jenn's. And how is it possible that in Hope's emotional state, she would be with Bo only a day after someone tried to strangle her?
Yes, it's only the next day.

No, Hope was only hospitalized for a few hours.

Yes, in fact, it has been less than 24 hours, which reduces the drama about Abby being gone exponentially in my opinion. And increases Ciara's annoying-ness and creepiness in pushing her long-gone daddy back with her just-married and just-almost-murdered mommy.

Fantastic performance today from Mary Beth Evans (Kayla). She's really the one I feel the worst for in this whole mess, followed closely by Steve, Victor, and Caroline.

As to Caroline...I'm totally okay with a supernaturally-bent show, but what was in that memory drug she took? When did she develop this precognitive ability? (And technically, I think that started before the renegade Salinas's wonder-drug!) I know it's just purely narrative convenience that's driven these visions, but I either want this to be a permanent ability and/or explained somehow.

I feel nothing for Abby. I'm more worried about poor Wendy and Abby's little one.

I know it's only been a day but I am really over Abby's bra strap hanging down her arm and her sleeveless thin very low cut shirt hanging open.

Fantastic performance today from Mary Beth Evans (Kayla). She's really the one I feel the worst for in this whole mess, followed closely by Steve, Victor, and Caroline.
Agree. Another person who should be suffering emotional trauma is the formerly mighty Love Doctor who now seems to be shut out of Salem's in-crowd. As a victim of "da plot," he wasn't invited to the big Pub party even though he has connections to the Kiriakis family, so he was unable to witness Bo's latest attack, rush him to the hospital for still more tests, and then perform one of his miracle, out-of-left-field surgeries to save his life. Over at the cabin, psycho Ben has gone from bad to worse, pulling a gun on poor Dr. Wendy and holding her prisoner. The way this guy keeps piling up criminal charges, it seems that he's heading for a truly bad end. Finally, Marlena and John shouldn't get their hopes up about "bringing down" the DiMeras. It's never been done and probably won't ever be. That said, they probably will somehow free Sami, and a week later will probably be regretting it. E.g., John: "OMG, Doc, Sami is driving me absolutely crazy with her babble about EJ. Can't we give her back to Stefano?"

rush him to the hospital for still more tests, and then perform one of his miracle, out-of-left-field surgeries to save his life.
The only thing that could make this statement better was if it happened in the Horton Cabin and the raccoons and squirrels assisted in the surgery (on the cabin table, of course).

To be fair, it seemed it was "immediate family" only, as neither Brady or Theresa, Theo, Joey, Justin, Adrienne, John, Marlena, Theo, Kate, Rafe, Lucas.......were invited as well. Brady would have been a closer relative than Dr. Dan, as he actually would be Bo's nephew (son of Bo's sister, Isabella)

I was actually annoyed that Brady wasn't there. He and Bo seemed to have a good relationship. Jeannie Theresa and Joey should have been there too considering Eric was there. I laughed when Eric went to hug Bo because Bo had a look on his face like "Who are you"? I would have liked to have seen John and Marlena at the Pub too even if for 1 scene.

STOP THE PRESSES: We got a moment with Steve and Jennifer!!! I wish she had mentioned her concerns about Abigail though. I don't have an issue with her worrying about Abigail at this point as it seems the texting is out of character for her and Jen knows it.

Hope is on outfit #5 in this SAME Salem day. :rolleyes: They could have just as easily had all these scenes play out over the course of several Salem days. I don't like the pace of this at all.

Where did Ben get a gun? Chad was oh so close to remembering. I guess he will probably remember when he is alone. I hope he tells Rafe before he does anything.

I liked the feel of today's episode. You had one really dark story in Ben and Abby tied in with some romantic moments(Bo/Hope, Steve/Kayla), some happy moments(the party), some comedy(Andre/Chad), and some nonsense(Sami). I know the Bo stuff is sad too but the ridiculous pace of the storyline makes it hard for me to feel sad right now. I think all episodes should have some mixture of these elements. I don't like it when the shows are all overwhelmingly dark.

Thanks for the summary, Jason.

I'm glad John told Marlena the truth he was fired.

I thought it was interesting Doug's scarf matched Julie's blouse.

Nice to see flashbacks with Bo. There wasn't a reason to
see Ben and Chad fighting again

I felt bad for Caroline since she got anther vision. Does she only have
them Bo? She needs to have a vision with Roman and let him know
when that kiss is coming.

I'm glad Bo talked to Chelsea. He needs to talk to Kim too.

Last edited:
I'm glad Bo talked to Chelsea. He needs to talk to Kim too.

Great point. This is the first time since he's been back that he has mentioned Chelsea so I was glad to see that. He also mentioned Belle and Claire. Unfortunately, it was at the expense of not mentioning Kim. Though I did enjoy seeing Bo, Hope, Shawn and Ciara sitting around the table together.

Forgot to mention I LOVED the Cruise of Deception mentions and flashbacks. That was the first major event I saw when I started watching.

The only thing that could make this statement better was if it happened in the Horton Cabin and the raccoons and squirrels assisted in the surgery (on the cabin table, of course).
Good point, and with their nimble little paws assisting in the surgery, Bo's operation would be such a howling success that within hours he'd be up dancing the hornpipe, comforting Fancy Face, and strategizing with John and Marlena on new ways to "bring down" the evil DiMeras.

(Ciara) gives her mom a present, a lovely locket with a picture of Bo & Hope on their (first) wedding day.

In the back, Victor is asking Caroline what happened as she tries to brush it off as nothing. Maggie asks if she had another vision when she hugged Bo. She is angry, tells them finally that she saw Bo and Hope crying. What she saw in Mexico happened, what she sees, happens! Maggie suspects it might be tears of joy.

(Marlena/John) find a flash drive, hope it will save Sami.

Steve rushes to (Bo's) side. Bo gives him the keys to their stolen bike, Steve wants to share it,

Did Ciara steal the locket from Baron's? :rolleyes:

Most(?) of us have experienced telepathy, which could explain Caroline's sensing what was happening to Bo in real time, but seeing the future is quite another matter. The writers left me with that one.

I certainly hope Marlena/John make some copies of that flash drive... forthwith!

There may be a few problems getting a title for that bike... "Triumph?" I had guessed BSA. :(

Do any of you Spectators use an iPad to post on this forum? Are you able to highlight parts of an original post for (multiple) quoting purposes? I am unsuccessful. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an iPad all the time. If I press my finger down over the text, the Copy automatically pops up. I can then drag the cursor over the copy I want to use.

An OK episode, thanks for the summary.

I'm not liking Ciara. She acts too young for her age and is very inconsiderate. Her mother was just widowed by a man that tried to kill her. In this confused state, it's not the time to be thinking of remarriage, especially when her dad has just returned after years of capture and torture. A girl at her age should be able to know this without making such silly suggestions. Also, where was Chase? I liked the party overall, though I do wish some more people would've been there. Glad we got to see Steve and Jennifer interact.

The Ben storyline is good but dragging out too long. Are we really supposed to buy that this is all in just one day? That's ridiculous! Also, why can't Chad just remember something for once?! This needs to be wrapped up pronto. Would rather see this than that crap with Sami.

Back