Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 29, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Will calls Sonny from the park, on his way to talk to Kate about Ted. Meanwhile Leo comes downstairs and demands to know if Sonny will marry him. They argue and Sonny throws his name around and vows to do whatever it takes to stick with Will. Leo really sticks it to Sonny, suggesting Will might get bored with Sonny soon and go back to Paul.

At the police station, Rafe asks Hope about her lead after she admits she didn't see Ciara. She flashes back to agreeing to Ted's deal. He prods; she avoids and has additional flashbacks. They talk about Ciara and Ben. Back and forth, no movement, Rafe wants her to back off lest they push Ciara toward Ben.

In her hotel room, Kate plays Roman the recording of Stefan0's admission to crimes. Roman says it's not enough because it also incriminates Kate. Will arrives, shocked that Roman is there. Roman leaves. Kate notes Sonny doesn't seem happy - Will admits Leo Stark is alive, they have to talk about Ted Laurent. Will laments the awful Leo's misdeeds against Sonny, begs Kate for help. Will speculates that Ted and Leo are still working together.

At the DiMansion, the rapist talks to Stefano's portrait and tells it about Charlotte. Frank tells him he's made arrangements for security; Big Z fires him for losing track of Ted Laurent from the captive island.

In the Square, Chad is put on hold trying to get an update on Abigail. After he is blocked, he sees Ben. Ben offers his services to help him sneak in to Shady Hills. Ben pleads his case, but Chad turns him down.

At Bayview, a figure draped in a blanket gets a tray in Abigail DiMera's room.

Ben goes to the DiMansion, where Frank thinks he recognizes him. We get a flashback. Ben wants to see Stefan0, learns the guard was fired. He enters the house, wants Stefan0 to hire him for security. Despite being the necktie killer, Ben talks about his "very specific set of skills that would prove useful to you." Protection, break-ins, thuggery, sleeper holds. His description jogs the rapist's memory; Stefan0 plans to call the police. Ben convinces him not to, continues to plead his case.

Chad has gone to the hospital. Jennifer is in Charlotte's room, and scolds Chad for his role in Abby's ordeal. He wants her to get an update for him. She refuses, doesn't think it's good for Abby. They recap the Gabi/Abby confrontation (which for some reason doesn't spark Chad to think to go there as Abby's brother-in-law?) at length (but for some reason - sarcasm here - no flashback). Jennifer is reluctant, but does agree to talk to Abby's psychiatrist. She steps outside and makes a call. Chad talks to Charlotte, takes pictures. Jennifer re-enters, says that Chad can see Abby. Jennifer tells Chad that Abby's not herself, relays the incident of the food-tray-smashing "this morning" (see next paragraph), and reports that Abby will be restrained if she has any more violent outbursts.

In Abigail's room, the blob shatters her tray of food when the guard tries to convince her to cooperate (apparently after some time has passed).

At the Pub, Ciara meets with Roman, whom Tripp told about the breakup. Ciara tells him about Tripp's attempt to frame Ben; she also begs his silence. They talk about Ben's job search and she asks him for a job for herself.

At the Kmansion, Will and Sonny talk about his meeting with Kate. Leo comes up, lowers the boom: Kate was behind the lawsuit.

In her room, Kate flashes back to the reveal that Ted was blackmailing Will and her final confrontation with him. She wishes she'd iced him when she had the chance.

The orderly lets Chad into Abigail's room, warns him to be careful. Inside, Chad begs her to look at him. She removes her blanket and turns around. Abby has a new face (or an old one depending on your perspective). Welcome back Kate Mansi.

Sure were a lot of flashbacks today....wonder why the show thinks everyone needs such lengthy refresher scenes. Yeah, yeah, I know, get up to speed, Ted has been gone a while.
Thanx Jason.

So, color me someone who does not like the idea of Ben working "security" or the other "set of skills" for the Big Zero, or for Chad, either. Guess this is how they plan to have him keep the "bad guy" status, since no one will hire him for anything. For a guy who was willing to wash dishes in a couple different places......he is now wanting to play rough? Nope, am not on board.
and Chad is eager to have him help him kidnap Abby, but now is not going to let Ben near her? Refuses to let Ben help him get into Bayview to see her?
Who needs better security is Victor!! LOL

For a guy who was willing to wash dishes in a couple different places......he is now wanting to play rough? Nope, am not on board.
and Chad is eager to have him help him kidnap Abby, but now is not going to let Ben near her? Refuses to let Ben help him get into Bayview to see her?

If there is no secret agenda, I completely agree. I don't want Ben working for Stefan, playing rough, as you say. But maybe, just maybe, Ben really is working with Chad (through a phone call we did not get to see), to trap Stefan, to correct the wrongs that have been done to Abigail, maybe even to trap Gabi eventually. And finally, put an end to this nonsense. It could be a way to redeem Ben furthermore, and to redeem Chad for the way he acted lately.

Recent events make one wonder if Salemites are really thinking things through.

Hope: Great news, Ben Weston's old lawyer has given me great new evidence against him.
D.A. Trask: You really are losing it. None of this is garbage is admissible. Have you ever heard of attorney-client privilege?

Kate: Listen to this tape of Stefan confessing. You've got him now, right?
D.A. Trask: For a career criminal, you really don't know much about evidence law do you?

Henderson: Mr. Stark, put back Mr. Kiriakis's champagne bottle now.
Leo: Make me. I can do whatever I want here.
Henderson: Hi-ya! (he then takes back the bottle from a dazed Leo).

Ted: Hope, thanks, I'm sure I'll be safe in this cabin.
Horton Cabin Raccoons: Wanna bet?

Ben: Ciara, at last I've got a great job.
Ciara: Who hired you?
Ben: Stefan O. DiMera.
Ciara: :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Ted: Hope, thanks, I'm sure I'll be safe in this cabin.
Horton Cabin Raccoons: Wanna bet?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

9788c33a697ee8a014f6337486a013ee.jpg

Sorry, Leo. I'm tired of you already.

Same

Sure were a lot of flashbacks today....wonder why the show thinks everyone needs such lengthy refresher scenes.

They cut scenes with Ciara/Charlotte and Ciara/Jennifer. There were photos in the spoilers for today's episode. Ciara also showed up halfway through the episode and the episode was very choppy overall. Not the scenes I would have cut when we've seen Leo go on and on for 4 days now. Ciara needs to be seen with Abigail and Jennifer given the Ben connection. Shame on the show for cutting these scenes.

But maybe, just maybe, Ben really is working with Chad

This would be a fantastic twist! I was actually wondering how and why Ben got from HTS to the DiMansion all of a sudden. There really was no connection from his prior scene with Chad.

Hope really has gone off the deep end.

Ciara asking Roman for a job was an unexpected twist. I like it. I also like how they mentioned yesterday that Victor cut off her trust fund.

Welcome back Kate Mansi(Abigail). Though it is a stretch that she's suddenly having issues in isolation considering she was fine when we saw her last week. Only 1 Salem day has passed since we saw her.

Ben and the guy who lives in the DiManson: As I listened to Ben's going on about his "special skill set" I couldn't help think "somebody is definitely a fan of Taken." LOL Maybe it was shown on heavy rotation at the hospital?

I've been wracking my brain but when Abigail removed the blanket there was definitely something different about her. Then it hit me. She was a wearing a different fingernail polish wasn't she? Nice Days crew but you've got to get up pretty early in the morning to get one over on this guy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jason.

It's a new day in Salem.

Troy, I laughed when you mentioned Abigail's nail polish.

Bayview, is a strange place. You go in looking one way. Then a day or two later you
look the way you did when you were there a couple of years ago :)

So, where is everyone in the K mansion? Today we saw the same three people we saw
there yesterday.

Today Chad bonded with his daughter. I loved how he was taking pictures of her.

It must be summer in Salem. Jennifer was wearing long sleeves today. I liked
her outfit. I wonder where she was going after seeing Charlotte.

Ugh I had TV issues the last 7 minutes. Gonna have to catch Kate Mansi (Abby) return on demand. I couldn't believe that was Abigail under the blanket! Is she really losing it now? Have no doctors actually talked to her? Chad sees her attacking Gabi and that's it. She's in isolation. It is time for this story to end.

Rafe and Hope talking was ridiculous! Like he doesn't know every case they have? And they have more than one case - Ben Weston. I'm shocked. Then her lighting into him did he just stand there and let Ciara (a grown woman) make out with Ben Weston. I am hoping that they keep Ben on the straight and narrow. I do NOT want it to end up that Hope was right!! That would be the worst. I can't stand her. But I am not liking Ben's skills he keeps talking about. Would be a nice twist if he is working for Chad.

Ciara also showed up halfway through the episode and the episode was very choppy overall
I agree.
Though it is a stretch that she's suddenly having issues in isolation considering she was fine when we saw her last week. Only 1 Salem day has passed since we saw her.
Tip of the iceberg.
It is time for this story to end.
Hear, hear.
That would be the worst. I can't stand her.
Hear, hear...again.

I'm still loving Leo but I agree - jokes are great for a few scenes, but let's get the plot moving. Give Leo a friend out of Sonny/Will's orbit. Might I suggest Derrick the handsome hotel porter?

So-so episode today. I died laughing when Sonny told Leo the mansion wasn’t a hotel. Yes it Is Sonny yes it is lol. Glad Leo finally dropped the bomb. Will better tell Sonny to go easy. Kate has almost killed his mother and father before.

Days should be ashamed of themselves for keeping Abby under the blanket the whole episode. You tape 6 months in advance!

Those cut Ciara scenes were definitely needed. What are they thinking replacing them with awful flashbacks? :huh:

When Hope saw that dumb look on Rafe’s face and she assumed her soldier didn’t take action :rotfl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the summary!

Though it is a stretch that she's suddenly having issues in isolation considering she was fine when we saw her last week.
I want her to be strong again - this story line is totally exasperating!!!!! I sure hope there aren't many facilities like Bayview in real life!!! I know there used to be lots - I just hope that has changed!

Today Chad bonded with his daughter. I loved how he was taking pictures of her.
Can't hardly wait for him to find out the truth! He'll be over the moon! Then maybe he can make up for his intolerable choices regarding believing Abby!

It is time for this story to end.
:clap::clap::clap:

Those cut Ciara scenes were definitely needed. What are they thinking replacing them with awful flashbacks?
I too am sick of so many flashbacks AND so much repetitive dialogue!!!!

I'd also like: Kate to be punished for her HUGE lies and mostly for keeping Chad from his child - she should remember what that feels like. AND - Hope to be found out and fired! Maybe divorced too! AND Ben to be a good guy and not revert back to being a killer or even a bad guy! AND Leo to stop repeating his same dialogue - some is funny, but a lot is WAY overdone!

I miss Marci Miller as Abby - but I like Kate Mansi also! Happy Friday everyone!

Back