Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 5, 2015

I thought today was the best episode of the new regime. It had some great nostalgia and also had some unexpected twists. I was not expecting Joey to pass out or Hope and Aiden to consummate the marriage. Let's hope we don't end up with a Hope/Aiden miracle baby. Though I'm sure it would somehow end up belonging to Bo.

Abe/Lani: Saw it a mile away yet also was shocked it came out so quickly and flawlessly today.

Theo: My favorite of the new teens so far. Love how he is playing the autism angle.

Chase/Ciara: Foreshadowing of romance?

Sad we didn't get the flashback to Julie shoplifting but happy we did get a flashback to the 1st episode with Tom and Alice and super happy we got the pier flashback.

Eric/Jennifer: :sick::sick::sick: she could be his mother.

Great to see Bo and Steve back in Salem. I'm still betting Bo and Hope are not divorced.

They should have showed Abby and Ben since they were a cliffhanger.

Loved the photo album!!!

Oh, I loved the actor playing Theo : great reactions when Joey fell unconscious. Bravo !
Forgot to mention, I thought he was tremendous as well.
Haven't seen the show but ... YES!!! Please tell me that was the complete list!
Yes, it was. :)

@TheWriter Jen was a teen a few years after Eric was born (even though she was born in '76 and he in '84). Then the twins were SORASed when Sami came to town, skipping about 8 years. I'd say they're pretty close in age, for all that that matters in soap-land. LOL

Abe/Lani: Saw it a mile away yet also was shocked it came out so quickly and flawlessly today.
Definitely a shocker. Nice twist connecting her to an ACTUAL past character who ACTUALLY interacted with Abe. Love it. But, I still wonder why they added an adult child to Abe's life when he already has one and we just SORASed Theo...?
I was not expecting Joey to pass out
Me either! Great twist.
Eric/Jennifer: :sick::sick::sick: she could be his mother.
Hate to disagree, but the numbers on that one don't add up. They were born 8 years apart.

JENNIFER HAS A daughter who is 23/24 years old, & Jen was older than that when she had her.But it does seem Days ignores ages......thus Brady/Kristen, Kate/Rafe &Daniel & Ej, & Nicky, Victor/Nicole, Daniel/Chelsea, EJ/Abby, Eric/Kristen,

Poor Roman. Everyone (ok neither did Chase) got a kiss or kissed someone but him. Don't
worry New Year's Eve is 8 weeks away :)

It was interesting to see Kate kiss ShawnD.

I hope Eric brushed his teeth before he kiss Jennifer. Otherwise, yuck.

I'm glad we saw some flashbacks today. Seeing the wedding pictures was nice.
Aunt Marie was mentioned. Julie told Ciara she was a bad girl too.

Ciara finally wore the earrings Sami gave her.

It was funny when Maggie joked with Victor about texting.

Surprise, surprise Lani is Abe's daughter :sarcasm:

I wonder what's wrong with Joey. Is he sick?

At the end, Aiden's eyes were creepy.

Hey, Bo's back in Salem, can I get a "whoop whoop!!" LOL. I mean, it's only been a little over 2 months. :rolleyes: Can't wait for everyone to see him and for Caroline to tell all the doubters to go fly a kite.

I was thoroughly disgusted with Aiden taking Hope to bed prior to presumably trying to kill her. Given the stress he's been under with his plans to strangle her I'm surprised he was able to, ahem, perform. But then again, Ben was always turned on after his killings so why not get all hot and bothered prior. :sick:

Many of us saw this Lani/Abe thing a mile away. I don't mind the story direction and appreciate the nod to the past but I agree with missharley, this reveal was totally misplaced and lost in this episode. They still could have had Lani helping Theo with Joey without revealing they are siblings before that. It just feels like such an afterthought. Plus, I'm not sold on the actress playing Lani. She's beautiful but her acting has left a lot to be desired. On the flipside, I was in awe of Kyler Pettis (Theo). Holy cow....he turned in a fabulous performance today from his interaction with Joey to freaking out when Joey passed out to Ciara kissing his cheek. I look forward to more from this young man. :clap:

Just NO to Eric/Jennifer. Gross. NO.

I think there has to be some foreshadowing going on with Nicole and a baby. This is at least the third or fourth time the subject has been mentioned since the new writers took over. I know it was a nostalgic episode but I believe there is more going on here.

Speaking of nostalgia....sigh....I hate to be a debbie downer but I guess I was just expecting MORE to these Gala episodes. I anticipated lots of flashbacks and surprise guest appearances by former Salem residents. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the stories but I wanted more nostalgia and history and not just people talking about it or looking through photo albums. Sorry. :(

I was dumbfounded as well about Shawn not being in that photo. He just sort of stood behind Eric with a dumb smile on his face. :eek: I think Ciara was missing too. It was Julie, Hope, Lucas, Maggie, Jennifer, and JJ I think? Maybe Doug? I don't know, maybe Ciara was in there but I swear she was missing as well.

I anticipated lots of flashbacks and surprise guest appearances by former Salem residents.

Agreed. I'm sure they could have gotten Bill, Marie, Laura, etc. to appear. And there actually would have been a storyline purpose for Bill given Will's death and Abby being in trouble.

I'm also actually surprised that Sami wasn't at the gala/wedding.

I actually saved the episode on my DVR to watch again but I could have sworn Ciara was in the photo. That's why it was strange Shawn wasn't in it.

I don't think it was Stefano, Andre, any of them. They'd be too boastful, want to play games. I think it was just some random thugs, nothing more. No point in getting too deep with something that was thrown together to make Bo look like a hero instead of the deadbeat he was when he left and quit keeping in touch.

Thanks for the summary, good show today, though I think they should've shown Abby & Ben. The bit about Lani was obvious but misplaced in this episode. I'm glad that Bo is back, but also ready for the conclusion of this storyline. Looks like there's a new kind of icky sex in Salem--we've had DeadBabySex, AngrySex, IWantToKillNickFallonSex, SexWithMyGirlfriend'sMom and now we have SexBeforeIKillYou. Nasty on Aiden's part! Can't stand this! But good acting nonetheless. I did like the romance on the show.

Jennifer and Eric is disgusting. She's way too old for him and I prefer them as friends.

Nice job with the teens. Lots of storyline potential with all of them.

Back