Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 9, 2023

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
No-Tell Motel - Leo and Dimitri talk about Gabi and their evasion from the law. He laments not being able to drop a column about this scandal. They read in the article about Rolf (they're still in Salem) and Leo thinks it will help them somehow. Rolf arrives. Dimitri humbly asks for help fleeing Salem, assuring Rolf that Megan will pay for everything. Rolf tells Dimitri that Megan's mad he lost his fortune, but will still help Dimitri. Not Leo. This appalls Dimitri, who stands firm that Leo must accompany him on the submarine. Dimitri will handle Megan. Rolf seems to accept this and leaves. Dimitri wonders if Leo can really give up Salem. Leo admits he'll miss the town, but it will be worth it.

Shin-Johnson-Whatever Apartment - Tripp has made Wendy tea. Wendy wants to let it steep since she's not going to work. She gets a bunch of weepy scenes and tries to put off calling her father. Tripp supports her. Later, she is speaking with her father (they do acknowledge it's the middle of the night in Hong Kong) but can't get the news out. Tripp takes the phone and drops the bomb. After terminating the call, he relays to Wendy Wei's reaction. Wendy cries.

Police Station - Jada tells Rafe about a false lead in the Leo/Dimitri case. There were also extra prints on the knife. (Li's.) But he was cooking per Wendy's statement.

Interrogation room - Stefan has brought Gabi something from Sweet Bits. She is sure she's going to prison and he's sure Belle is a good lawyer. Rafe comes in and tells her there's nothing exculpatory yet. Stefan keeps postulating, and also says Belle thinks they can get the case dropped as a personal vendetta.

DiMansion - EJ gloats over using his job as revenge. Belle arrives to exchange blusters with him. This goes on 20 minutes too long.

Interrogation Room - Belle arrives as Stefan is consoling Gabi. The forensics were disappointing. Stefan lays out a plan for normalcy, but Belle douses water on it because she thinks EJ will make a compelling case for no bail.

Murder Apartment - Jada arrives to ask Wendy about Li's emotional state while making dinner. Wendy accuses her of trying to clear Gabi. Jada just wants the killer brought to justice. She gets a call and has to leave. Later, Tripp makes Wendy more tea as she laments her career options. They get a text that Gabi's been denied bail. This makes Wendy happy, I guess.

Police Station - Stefan, Belle, and Gabi talk strategy if denied bail. EJ comes in gassing about the legal system. Stefan tries to punch EJ. Rafe keeps them apart. EJ leaves after telling Gabi "Good luck in Statesville." Rafe has to send her up to Statesville awaiting trial, but vows to keep working for her. They get a long-ish goodbye.

Private Area - Belle comes upon EJ and tells him she'll be appealing. He expected as much. Belle tells him that the war has just begun, stomps off.

Police Station - Gabi has a tearful phone call with Arianna. She will visit her as soon as this is all cleared up. Stefan tells her the transport is outside and Rafe is giving them a moment alone. They have a teary goodbye. Gabi can endure some time away because it won't be as tough as the 4 years without him. They love each other.

No-Tell Motel - Leo and Dimitri have packed. Dimitri gets a text that the submarine is waiting. They leave, but Jada's at the door. END

I do not undertand how EJ can hold ANY public office, at least in the legal sense. Could DrBakerFan maybe enlighten me? Will Gabi go off to jail or be spirited away to New Zeland or some such distant place? A lot of you find Tripp dull, but it's nice to have someone not start yelling all sorts of stupid stuff.

I agree, @gramcracker I find it nice that Tripp is so laid back and seems level-headed these days. If I were the writers, I would have sent Gabi and Stefan off to live near Will and Sonny and Arianna, so they can be in her life. That would be much better than sending Gabi to prison and poor Arianna loses again. Is she the next SORAS'd teen to show up angry and out for blood? Actually, I wouldn't even be mad about it. Haha. Uncle Rafe could take her in.

Dimitri wasn't grappling with his guilt like the spoilers said. Talk about an overblown spoiler.

Gabi's exit was pretty terrible. Apparently you go on to Statesville without even getting a trial or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jason.

Wow, Jada was on without Harris.

Poor Gabi, the first thing they will do at Statesville is cut off her nails. They are weapons now.

Will Gabi have a trial or will she be in prison until the end of time?

They found Li's prints on the knife. Jada asked Wendy how Li was feeling after he was lied to and had
to sign away his shares. Will the Salem PD ever figure the truth about who killed Li?

The paper needs to update their photos. They used a picture of EJ without his beard with the story
he's the new DA.

Jada finally found Dimitri and Leo, after Rolf showed up.

Do we have a countdown calendar for when the new head writer's stuff starts showing up?

Here's a post from Jason47 Facebook page about the writers. ReRon stuff will be on until early next year. Then other writers will be
writing for five months until strike over. I think ReRon is back since no word he left after strike over

Strange that we will likely not see a trial. Will the show mention the trial and results? Or will there be a recast and the recast will be the one shown on trial?

I suppose they can have Stefan come home to the mansion in a couple of months looking angry and sad and telling Kristen, Tony and Anna that Gabi was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison.

So many better ways I would have written her exit. It was poorly done.

I do not undertand how EJ can hold ANY public office, at least in the legal sense. Could DrBakerFan maybe enlighten me? Will Gabi go off to jail or be spirited away to New Zeland or some such distant place? A lot of you find Tripp dull, but it's nice to have someone not start yelling all sorts of stupid stuff.
In real life EJ would have gone to prison a long time ago, but because of “da plot” he ultimately gets away with everything. Since EJ doesn’t seem to have had any felony convictions, in Sallem’s la-la land, he’s an attorney in good standing and can serve as DA. As for Belle’s claim that because of EJ’s strong personal interest in the case, charges against Gabi could be dropped. As usual, she’s whistling in the dark. The best anyone could hope for is that another prosecutor would be assigned to the case.

Finally, fie on TPTB for writing Belle out of the show. Mocking her legal ineptitude was one of my favorite activities. In contrast, dumping on EJ and Sloan just doesn’t cut it. Unlike the righteous Belle, they both know they’re sleazy shysters.

I think we're to believe Gabi didn't even do it so having her leave this way is just sort of gross to me. I am wondering if they plan a recast so they want the character off screen for a bit but she could have just gone to see her daughter. Normally I'd say they wouldn't recast but the woman who drugged the baked goods is free. Or maybe Gwen/Theresa will morph. Sloan confesses to Eric and returns as Gabi?

From what I have read and inferred on Twitter and other sources Camila Banus (Gabi) and Martha Madison (Belle) were the most vocal against the former guy and didn't stop.

This helps explain the cruddy exits for them, maybe, as I don't have anything concrete like a quote from Jason47 saying this was what was happening so please take it with a grain or truckload of salt.

Maybe the transport van will be in an accident, and Gabi will escape or be presumed dead.

The problem is Gabi and Stefan are together, but he’s not leaving. And breaking them up again would make, dare I say, even less sense.

If only they hadn’t killed his twin. Or they could bring him back as Nathan Horton since they love treating actors like players in a repertory theater. Stephanie can have yet another ex reunion and more Chad drama. Or put him in a wig and have him play Abigail.

Back