Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 17, 2019

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
I missed the first 3 minutes (lost track of time while cleaning).

At the hospital, Will, Lucas, and Kate receive news from Lani and Eli that Julie's surgery has gone well. Kate flees.

On Julie's near-deathbed, Julie wakes up. Doug and Kayla recap for her.

In her bedroom, Gabi looks mournfully at a picture of her & Stefan. She's been ignoring multiple calls from Will, Sonny, Rafe. Kate stops by, wants to check on Gabi. Gabi places Stefan's death on Kate's shoulders because he got stuck in their war. Kate understands her anger, her grief. Gabi wants Lani to suffer. Kate says she should focus on her grief, then they switch topics to her ouster from DiMera and confides Vic's offer to run Titan. Kate throws her support to Gabi for DiMera CEO. Gabi resolves to do this, for the distraction and her debt to Stefan.

Hospital limbo set: Jack has brought Jennifer coffee. She thanks him for being her backup, he's sorry she went so long without it. He has to correct a terrible wrong.

In the Square, Hope and Abe are gleeful that Stefan's dead and Julie's doing well. Hope acts oddly. (But who can tell?) She admits she feels oddly. Abe invites her to breakfast at the Pub. Hope then gets a text from Jen informing her Julie's awake, and she ... I really have no words to summarize the odd acting and writing choices. Eventually she decides to visit Julie.

By the Nursing station, Jennifer and Lucas talk about Julie. Lucas won't let Jennifer cut in front of him; he has to catch a plane to get back to Allie.

In Julie's room, as Eli talks to Julie about Gabi's compassion, Lani flashes back to being told to beg. Julie is upset about the delay of Eli's wedding to Lani. Their wedding is supposed to be in 2 weeks, Julie insists it remain at that time.

At the Pub, Jack chats with Abe about Melaswen. Jack is here to apologize and offer Abe the mayorship. Either way, Jack is resigning and will make a case for the City Council to appoint Abe interim mayor.

At the Nursing station, Kayla apologizes for her role in Shah's revenge. Kayla also informs her Rolf is labless, and left behind a flash drive. Jennifer insists on delivering it to him.

In that back porch area, Hope notes she feels strangely.

In the Square, Lucas and Will meet with Kate, who will not be taken back to the hospital. Lucas is leaving and yes Kate's difficult to get along with.

Back at Julie's room, Doug is sitting with Julie when Hope and Jennifer arrive. Hope is so happy, she has talked to Shawn and Belle AND SCOTTY. Jennifer and Doug are happy. Hope is about to hand over the rosary, pauses and does some eye acting. Jen asks if Julie needs anything. She wants to speak to Gabi.

Julie calls Gabi, who is looking over papers in her bedroom. She asks her to come to the hospital.

Private Bench Area: Hope has phoned Ciara to inform her of Julie's recovery, has a pain and grabs her mastoid area. She wonders what's wrong. Kate appears, reaching out; Hope demands she not put her hands on her. She then apologizes, Kate wonders what's wrong.

Back at the Nursing station, Eli thanks Lani for being there for them. Lani wants assurances that he's OK with the wedding date being rushed. He is; anything can happen, he has learned. Lani thinks everything's perfect; Gabi enters, angry that her life is perfect while her own is not.

In Julie's room, Kayla worries that a visit with Gabi could harm Julie. Doug will protect her and Julie promises to rest after thanking Gabi. Kayla won't assure them that Julie's fully recovered.

Pub: Abe accepts Jack's offer, Jennifer arrives and is happy.

Nursing Station: Gabi gets an apology from Eli and Lani, and Kayla says the visit's off. She has sent Julie for tests.

And thus begins the return of Princess Gina...really, now what's the point?
I wish Hope had left town for awhile, then Gina came in like a wrecking ball. I understand the actress wants to stretch. And Ron likes to write double stories. But it's gross and not wanted. (Did it ever occur to them to have Gina Visits Abby and Chad in Paris?) You know, if they insisted.
Julie has another grandson
In case my font wasn't indicative enough, I was shocked at this. Very, very shocked.

Edited to Add: Shocked that he's mentioned, not that she has another grandson. Last played 30 years ago by Rick Hearst.

Last edited:
Hope keeps going into these trance like states, and when she returns to Hope, she is rubbing her neck. I really do not understand how she had not noticed any sort of mark on her skin, since Rolf's scalpel WAS bloody.

I did not remember who Scotty was, but I sure remember Rick Hearst being on the show.

I was so glad to see Lucas.........however, it was ridiculous that Kate is so very well, had clothes there, and could leave the hospital so easily. Of course neither Lucas nor Will thought to call a doc/nurse/aide etc. to make sure Kate was recovered enough to leave. (But then, Rolf did use his miracle serum on her, did he not).

That said, Kate doesn't go home, doesn't need to check her mail, etc. but instead goes to check on Gabi. That really WAS good of her, but how did she know Gabi was there? What if she was elsewhere? And then she runs into Hope, acting oddly of course.

Good to see Will without his hip attachment (Sonny).

And then amazing Julie, who doesn't need to be hooked up to anything at all after the transplant surgery. Gotta say, those docs plus Salem water, definitely miracle workers. Heck, Julie wasn't even in ICU! And super doc Kayla the only doctor around. Not even a nurse or an aide.

But sure was good to see Jack......along with Jen. Liked that he apologized to Abe, and wanted him to take over a mayor again. Bravo!

Thank you, Jason!

Honestly KathyLu whom else would Rolf have made her? Besides I am positing a hypothetical alternative storyline. It's clear that Rolf did something to her and given her history, it's not a stretch to guess that.

In my scenario, given that half of Salem was once dead and about 10% of those people recently returned from the zombie store thanks to Wilhelm...not a far cry to having the character of Gina return. Clearly Ms. Alfonso (Hope) wants to act.

Maybe just her turn......you know, like playing musical chairs. O.K. We have written for Julie, Doug, Gabi, Kate, Will, Sonny, John, Marlena, JJ, Haley, Brady, Kristen, sprinkled in a little bit of Vic, Maggie, Rafe, Jordan, Rolf, Vivian, Guess it's Hope's turn.

Kate: While she was giving advice to the distraught Gabi, she might have mentioned filing multi-million-dollar negligence and wrongful deaths suits against Salem. The facts here are so straightforward that even bumbling barrister Justin could win these suits.

Kayla: Kate rather unkindly called her a quack today, but what's certain is that she's a thief. That flashdrive that she gave to Jenny was presumably Rolf's property and what's on it is definitely the mad scientist's intellectual property.

Julie: She wants Eli and Lani to have a "perfect wedding." Good luck with that. A perfect wedding in Salem is generally as unlikely as Victor giving up his pointed one-liners and grouchy ways.

Gabi: Instead of wailing over Stefan Zero, she should have insisted that her true love be kept on life support until he grew a new heart and brain. After all, if Philly K. could regrow his leg and Johnny could regrow his eye, why couldn't Zero regenerate his missing body parts.

Jack: It was good of him to apologize to Abe, but did he have to throw his old supporters under the bus. Calling the old "I'm with Jack" voters the "lowest common denominator" was a trifle unkind to say the least.

Thanks, Jason.

It's a new day in Salem.

Nice to see Lucas still in town before he left again.

Lani and Eli are getting married in two weeks. Two weeks from today
is Halloween. Is that their wedding day? (FYI, it's also the first day
of November sweeps)

Interesting to learn Rolf left his flash drive behind. Will Jen Jen
take a peak before she gives it him?

I'm glad Jack talked to Abe.

Why is Hope staring off into space all the time? Maybe she's bored
because she doesn't have a job.

Do we know she is Princess Gina again? Did I miss something or is this a spoiler?

She's taken to speaking like Princess Gina (I actually got to watch live yesterday), the way she carefully pronounced words and didn't use contractions while speaking with Abe, screamed Princess Gina to me. Hope doesn't normally talk that way.

Camila Banus (Gabi) is doing an absolutely phenomenal job. Best I've seen on Days, or any show for that matter, in a very long time. WOW! I mean, I've never been a huge fan of the character, liked her, didn't love her, but Camila (Gabi) has done such a good job of pulling me in and making me an emotional mess, breaking my heart! BRAVA Camila! She deserves nominations and awards for this performance, for sure!!!

Back