Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 25, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At Doug's Place, Lucas and Chloe share coffee, because he was up all night with the baby. He boasts that he's still got it, the baby's warmed right up to him.

In the Square, Bonnie is eating ferociously as Mimi berates her for Bonnie's plan. Bonnie confirms that Mimi told her lawyer, Belle, that she had S-E-X with R-E-X (L-O-L). Belle comes off, she and Mimi leave to meet Lucas and Chloe. (Bonnie is not invited.) They walk in as Lucas is updating Chloe about Bonnie's countersuit. Chloe's affronted and calls out the absent Bonnie. Belle has obtained an order for visitation and they want to transport the baby to Bonnie. (During the entire convo, Belle says, "Baby Bonnie's mother" instead of "Bonnie".) Mimi holds the baby, Chloe gives her side-eye. Lucas comes back from a call with Justin, they must honour the order. He prepares a bag. Chloe and Belle fight; Belle believes that the baby should know her father.

Rex shows up at Kate's hotel room with the news of his engagement. She's surprised because Rex has been seeing this girl for about a year and how protective she is. She flips out when she thinks his fiancée is Mimi. He tells her about bonding with the baby, wishes he had kids of his own.

In Marlena's room, Hattie laments her life choices (as she reads the Intruder). She sends a message on her phone. Later, Bonnie arrives with their snack foods, they chat about Bonnie's scam and how many of their fellow ex-inmates are dead. Lots of talking, including about how Anjelica died. Bonnie wants to order a dirty movie on the hospital TV. Hattie wants Roman, Bonnie wants Lucas.

In the secret wing of the hospital, Marlena and Kayla discuss John's plan to oust Hattie from Marlena's life. Marlena's doing well. They also talk about about Sami and her burn victim, then later Steve and his espionage charge. (Steve will be held until they can prove his innocence.) They talk a lot, don't say much.

At the Pub, John bribes Roman with an expensive baseball card (given to him by Paul) to romance Hattie so she'll divorce John and go back to prison. After a long, long, long, long discussion, Roman agrees. John goes to the hospital, secret wing, reports that Roman has agreed to the plan.

Later, Chloe supports Lucas at Doug's Place. He plans to meet with Justin to discuss strategy.

Outside, Mimi promises to bring the baby back in 1 hour. Belle promises to do her best to win the case.

Back at Marlena's room, Roman shows up to see Hattie. (Bonnie is gone.) Roman has brought her something from Buddy's Burger Barn. He lays it on thick, Hattie swoons.

In her hotel, Kate calls Roman and leaves a message berating him for not alerting her to Rex's arrival, asking if he can believe who Rex's fiancée is.

Bonnie is boozing in the Square; Chloe happens upon her - where is your baby?

In the private area (or behind the Pub?), Mimi is holding the baby and Rex happens along.

Hattie actually threw up into the burger bag? Bonnie must have brought really cheap booze. Tho she is still downing it when Chloe sees her, right? LOL, at Hattie never even getting to taste the burger.

I still can't believe the lame DNA test they do at Salem says if they are related that of course they are the parents. Poor Lucas getting so attached. Chloe is gonna figure it out though. At least it is his niece. Weird seeing Rex. It's been so long. But Kate! What a piece of work! Her first reaction to I'm engaged is oh my god. She is awful.

So tired of Hattie. Marlena is doing great, I think she can be put back in her old room. And seriously, talk about the advance directive! Had your wishes been followed you would be dead!!

Once again Salemites weren't thinking too clearly.

Belle: She goes to the head (or bottom) of today's class. She's never been much of a lawyer, but now she's a dishonest one. If she goes into court and falsely presents jailbird Bonnie as the child's mother she'll be guilty of a very serious offense called "fraud on the court." If discovered, Belle would face severe professional discipline and possible criminal charges. After the dust settled, she just might be joining sourpuss Eric slinging Brady Burgers at the Pub.

Marlena: Does she really think that Xander and Kristen could have perished in the Nashville fire? No DiMera or Kiriakis could ever fall victim to such a minor league event. Viewers can probably bet the mortgage money that both Xander and Kristen will be back eventually.

John: Fie on him for asking Roman to get cozy with the awful Hattie, for thinking that an annulment action would take years, and for stealing comedian Henny Youngman's famous "take my wife, please" line. Have John's comas begun to catch up with him?

Roman: He's asking for trouble by cozying up to Hattie. Does he really think that this will end well? In any case, he has a strong stomach, which can be explained by the fact that he's been eating Pub food for decades.

Kayla: Why does she accept Steve's unlawful detention by the corrupt, incompetent ISA? Any decent lawyer (Ted, not Justin) could go to court, file a writ of habeus corpus and quickly have Steve back with his Sweetness

So far, Belle has not named names.........only saying Baby Bonnie should visit with her mother, and know her father. I have no idea what court papers say, but I would think (am sure Dr. Baker would agree) that they would have to have names written out. Belle probably thinks she can settle this without going to court.....fat chance.
Cannot believe Bonnie suddenly has the hots for Lucas. Give me a break!

Had your wishes been followed you would be dead!!
Only because the quackery of the doctors at Salem U hospital is outpaced by the ignorance of its legal experts.

I like many of the characters in today's episode. But I hate every story. Not a single rootable character in the lot, except Lucas, who once again is the fall guy...for characters who've been off canvas for 14 years.

Thanks, Jason.

A new day in Salem.

Kate shouldn't be surprised Rex hadn't told anyone he's been dating.
He got the 3rd degree from her just talking about it.

I wonder what else Roman is going to want from John and Marlena for
wooing Hattie.

Today Chloe is the smart one. She kept watching Mimi with the baby. Then
later found Bonnie without Baby Bonnie.

Will Rex do the math and wonder if the baby Mimi is holding might be his
or will he continue to think Lucas is the "fake baby daddy"?

It was nice Marlena asked Kayla about Steve.

Eeeewwww! Days really went there ?

Nowhere near as bad as the time John was puking blood in full view of the camera. Ewwww.

I noticed Kate was seated again in the scenes with Rex. I wonder if Lauren Koslow(Kate) injured her leg or something. Very unusual staging. That said, they REALLY need some more home sets with actual living rooms. Not just these limbo bedroom sets. I'm willing to sacrifice the 2 mansion sets for smaller home sets for everyone else.

Mimi, Belle and Chloe in scenes together with Lucas. Is it 2002 again? More of this please and with Shawn added next time.

Back