Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 26, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In their bedroom, Chad and Abby in bed on their honeymoon. He made chocolate-chip pancakes with Thomas for her. They have some adult fun as well.

In the DiMansion study, Kate calls Lucas and leaves a message, wants an update on Rolf/Sami. Jennifer enters, but is not here to talk about Lucas or Abby. She wants dirt on DiMera, has a source that says confidence in Kate is low. Chad and Abby come down and usher Jennifer out, given all that Kate's going through. Later, Chad is eating cereal (didn't he just make pancakes?) and questions Kate about DiMera's problems. She admits someone is swiping the companies she targets for acquisitions. It's an inside job, and only André has access, although Kate doesn't believe it's André. She considers André is a friend, and overall is essentially clueless about the culprit.

At the Kmansion, Brady is eyeing up liquor when Chloe comes in; he switches to coffee. She's there to give him a payment, admits things with Julie are rough. Chloe asks about Nicole/Eric, Brady gloats about torpedoing their relationship. He recounts the hurt Jeannie T caused him, Chloe says this will pass. Brady is sceptical and Chloe worries about his sobriety. They plan an outing to a Pumpkin Patch with Parker and Tate. Chloe leaves; Brady ponders a drink.

At the Pub, Roman questions Eric about Nicole. One word at a time, he learns the whole story. They get a message from Marlena about Sami's arrest. Eric tells Roman he'll be sticking in town, then bolts to get answers from Brady.

At the Police Station, Rafe comes into Hope's office (or the interrogation room?) and demands to know why she arrested Sami, and why Hope allowed Sami to get her gun. She explains, and recaps. Rafe thinks jail is a bad place for the emotionally unbalanced Sami, and they compare the situation to JJ's. Hope wonders if Rafe is defending Sami because they were once married. He denies this, and asks how Hope would feel if it were Zack. He takes a step back, but Hope says this is her decision. They talk about the minefield of their relationship given her new job (Hope states she's been commissioner for a week), and they call a truce. They lament the lack of leads since Rolf is dead.

Abby has taken Jennifer to the café in the Square. Jennifer says her readers demand insightful journalism and Abby suggests Jennifer focus on something else so her time isn't all reporter-based. Jennifer laments that Adrienne is AWOL, so she also has the business side of the Spectator. They talk about Jennifer dating again, and Abby gets an off-screen update about Eric/Nicole. They talk about Jennifer and Eric's relationship while they were using, and whether or not the relationship would be the same. Jennifer admits real feelings for Eric. Later, Abby is gone and Jennifer is dreaming of Eric, when Chloe comes up and they discuss Lucas and Will.

At the DiMansion again, Kate wants Chad to keep these suspicions from Abby since she's close to André. Chad refuses. Abby has entered after returning from the Café. Kate called someone for help on DiMera, but cut the call short when Roman arrives at the door. He updates her on Sami and Rolf.

Rafe and Hope agree to put this behind them and move forward, and they get an alert. They know who was paying Rolf.

Back at the Kmansion, Brady sniffs his drink, but pours it back in the decanter. Eric enters. They argue, back and forth, and Brady calls Nicole a *bleep* who leaves. Eric punches him.

Jenny thinks that she's an investigative reporter? Who knew? A former resident may have risen from the dead and an escaped convict is on the loose, and she thinks that readers care about the state of DiMera Enterprises? This isn't exactly the "informative" and "provocative" news that Salemites apparently want.

Hope thinks that she's a real police commissioner? Actually she's not even much of a cop. She says she was going to pull her gun on Rolf? Even TV-show police officers wouldn't draw their weapon on an old, apparently unarmed man. And if she wants any respect from her Salem P.D. minions, she ought to tell boyfriend Rafe to stop barging into her office for some serious second guessing. Like "reporter" Jenny, the ex-con commissioner also ought to get her priorities straight. An escaped convict is running around Salem and her main concern seems to be justifying tossing Sami in a cell.

Thanks for the summary, Jason. Not my favorite kind of an episode but maybe it is a step toward getting to something more interesting. The Salem Police Department is getting to be more of a joke each day. I know it always has been, but I'm really getting tired of all the boyfriend-girlfriend stuff on the job. They are either kissing or squabbling. How can they focus on their jobs? Hope and Rafe aren't the only ones either. I do wonder who was paying Rolf.

Thanks, Jason.

I'm glad Brady poured his drink back in decanter. I hope this means he's
stopped drinking.

At the end, Roman and Kate are hugging in entry way. Then Chad picks up Abby and
goes out into entry way. Are Roman and Kate still there?

Not sure how cold it is in Salem, but both mansions have their fireplaces going.
Jen wore a jacket with outfit. Abby wore a something with her shoulders showing.
She must be like her mom
:)

I was glad Brady did that too!! But ya just knew he and Eric would end up with one punching the other.

As I'm not a fan, love how much Hope and Rafe are fighting. I saw nothing wrong with him saying what if it was Zack? That was a good point because she would be doing the same thing as Sami!!

I loved when Jen said I thought you'd want to be celebrating your honeymoon. Abby says "Oh I did celebrate it this morning". Jen looked horrified. Too much information Abby!! :rotfl:

At the end, Roman and Kate are hugging in entry way. Then Chad picks up Abby and goes out into entry way. Are Roman and Kate still there?

I was wondering about this too.

Seems long overdue for Sami to come between Hope and Rafe. Glad the marriage was mentioned too. I hope this fighting is headed in the direction I think it's headed. I've seen a lot of backlash elsewhere today about the Zack comment but it didn't bother me either. Rafe was right--Hope or even Bo would have been doing the exact same thing as Sami.

Jennifer's wardrobe is improving but her hair is getting worse. Those roots need to be dyed. And who exactly is her source?

Kate runs a conglomerate with a Board of Directors from her living room? Please give up on these business stories until proper sets are available to support them. Plus there aren't enough characters involved anyhow.

I liked the Kate and Roman stuff. Also liked Jen and Abby together and Brady and Chloe.

Go Eric Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for Abby and Chad to take their honeymoon elsewhere! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Going to start a "Buy Hope a Gross of Barrettes" Go Fund Me account. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eric assaulted Brady by hitting him with his left hand, the same hand he cut deeply while trashing the rented farmhouse. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm surprised that Eric had the gall to show up at the Kiriakis mansion, and confront Brady about an occurrence that Eric precipitated. I don't think the brothers will be attending family BBQs for quite a while.

I liked when Hope went on about how Sami pulled a gun on Rolf, like it was the worst thing she's ever seen. I mean, it's not like Hope ever did such a thing, right? :rolleyes:

I agree that Rafe made a valid point when he brought up Zack. Hope would be acting the same way, trying to find out the truth.

I didn't see anything wrong with Rafe mentioning Zack. Hope would have done the exact thing or would have went further. All this fighting with Hope and Rafe , I am hoping this leads to their break up. I just can't get on board with this couple. I was surprised that they had mentioned Sami and Rafe's marriage. The other writers made it look like they were never a couple.

Thanks for the summary. A good show. I don't mind the DiMera business storyline. Days needs to have more business storylines, and give Kate something else to do besides being a nosy gossip or romping in the sack with some random dude.

Chad & Abigail need to go on a honeymoon elsewhere. They have been on-screen too much and deserve a trip. I'm sure Jennifer would gladly watch Thomas. Speaking of which, I liked her scenes today.

Rafe and Hope need to break up. I also saw no problem with his Zack comment. But they are long overdue and I'm glad his past with Sami came up.

Back