Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sep. 28, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
André and Chad talk at the DiMansion about his upcoming wedding. Chad is sorry about how the plans André had for his bachelor party didn't pan out, but is thankful his brother loved him enough to try. Later, Kate has joined them, and André gives Chad a precious watch. Kate gives Chad her blessing. André and Kate talk about the disaster that is their marriage and establish new ground rules.

At the Church, Abby has butterflies as she and Jennifer prepare to get her in the gown. (Thomas is sleeping in a very small carriage in the corner.) There's a surprise delivery from Chad. They call each other. Later JJ comes in, Thomas is awake and Jennifer takes pictures. (Abby is still not in her gown.) Jennifer stops, she sees "your father" in all three of them. Later, they put on a necklace and more talking about how long Abby's waited for this, etc. (Sorry folks, it's a bit hard to swallow, given she was married to Chad less than 3 months ago.) Later, Abby has her gown on, laments her hallucinations at wedding #1 and her doubts at the renewal, gets Jen's veil.

In the Square, John and Marlena meet up with Paul, who's too excited to eat because he sent a surprise to Sonny. Sonny gets it and calls him, Marlena remarks how in love Paul is.

Meanwhile at Bayview (wow how is this place still open??!), Patient Unknown Male is extra agitated as he clutches keys. Later, the female employee still hasn't found her keys, administration is furious. She lost them during the John/Marlena fiasco. The patient slips a key into his pocket. Later, he whacks Female Employee with a metal clipboard. When male employee enters (Female is named Veronica), he gets a hypodermic shoved in his shoulder. The patient walks out the door.

Bonnie is walking through the Square, Marlena calls her ("Adrienne") over. Non-plot-moving talk about the wedding, as Bonnie stumbles over names and facts, and Paul says how despicable what Hattie did was (mentioned because Marlena asked about Hattie's hearing). Bonnie scoots. John apologises for missing the Bachelor Party, but he couldn't let his little league team down. They did well, so Paul forgives him. He updates them on the Gil drama, and the Lucas drama. Marlena says Will would want Sonny to be happy. Suddenly Paul flummoxes about not having written his vows. Marlena talks about her vows and there are even flashbacks to their 1999 wedding. Paul is in awe of the romantic nature of his father, feels inadequate. He makes a statement about finally feeling like his real self, Marlena points out that's the beginning of his vows. Later, they have written a bit, and John laments missing so many firsts when Paul was growing up.

At Kmansion, the five-times-married Victor tells Sonny when you find the right one, grab hold and don't let go. Paul's surprise arrives, the song they danced to that Sonny found in Prague. Sonny is really super happy and nothing will ruin the wonderful life upon which he and Paul are about to embark. Later, Justin is shaving Sonny (some sort of tradition) as they reminisce about when Sonny was in third grade and wore a Spider-man costume every day under his clothes, until Adrienne found out (Justin washed it every night for him). They put the Deimos stuff behind them. Sonny goes to get dressed; Victor says the Deimos stuff is not over. They talk about how he ordered a hit on Deimos in retribution for Bo, but it will just stay in the family (Brady/Paul/Sonny/Justin). Bonnie walks in, asks for an update since she's family, doesn't get it. She calls Abby trashy for wearing white, and Justin makes Bonnie change her dress. Bonnie leaves; Victor drops the bomb about "Adrienne" throwing herself at him. Justin doesn't believe it.

Later, Sonny and Chad are at the DiMansion (no sign of Victor or Justin), talking about their brotherly friendship. Montages of everyone getting ready, and there is a storm of text alerts. The show ends on a three-screen one-shot of Abby, Sonny, Paul.

I see the old couch from the K-Mansion, which went to the Martin House parlor, is now in the bridal changing room at St. Luke's. Wonder where it will turn up next?

Later, Justin is shaving Sonny (some sort of tradition)
Sonny asked Justin if he got shaved on his wedding day and Justin says "yep, right in this very spot", except Justin and Adrienne were originally married in Greece. Although, he could've been referring to their second wedding (in 1990), which was in St. Luke's.

I think it's weird how close Chad and Andre seem.

This Bonnie/Adrienne thing has got to end. Does her flaunting her cleavage with nary a scar not raise a red flag to anyone? They know Hattie was impersonating Marlena. They have all said Adrienne seems like a different person. I know it's crazy but it just happened. No one is even thinking maybe someone is impersonating Adrienne? "Marlena" and "Adrienne" were strangely all buddy buddy. Frustrating. Just needs to end. And I don't like that they never show Adrienne is prison.

Whatever happened to John and Marlena getting married at Wrigley Field? Cubs won the World Series, would have been a perfect time.

Does her flaunting her cleavage with nary a scar not raise a red flag to anyone?
YES! That white dress should've been a dead giveaway she wasn't Adrienne. The neckline showed off a healthy view of her twins.

The veil Jennifer gave to Abby was not even close to the veils she wore when she married Jack. Seemed like a nice sentiment and all, but a quick Google search would've shown whoever wrote the line that it wasn't the case. Would've been better if she had given her a lace hankie or maybe a pair of pearl earrings.

3c90e3351bc27f7f3515353f3ebc641c--soap-stars-days-of-our-lives.jpg
36ebefa94d47a62646500e7186f2e002--soap-opera-stars-soap-stars.jpg

Thank you, Jason and JS. I guess I'll watch this one on NBC through my Roku. These stories seemed to move a teeny miniscule amount.
It was a slow-moving Filler episode to lead up to a Friday cliffhanger. Molasses.
Well thank you Jason for mentioning Jennifer's comment about their "father".
I thought it odd since Will and Ben were mentioned by name, but not Jack.

Egads, these pre-wedding episodes really are moving at a snail's pace. Sonny & Chad are dressed, at the church, but Paul is out in the square still with John & Marlena. Really liked the John and Marlena scenes there. (I missed several parts, so really appreciate this, Jason)

Bonnie is dressed.........sorry, but to me that is an ugly white dress....something Adrienne would never wear....but are Justin & Victor dressed?

As to unknown patient.....I will accept him overcoming the medical attendants...but well, Jason had a good question. Why is Bayview still open? Can this person really get completely out, by the various OTHER guards & medical people, with no problem whatsoever? Amazing!

Don't you wonder how none of the docs/nurses noticed his clenched closed hand? Especially as he was eating. LOL, Ah, soaps are soooo ...................pick a word! LOL

Justin makes Bonnie change her dress.

So the pictures posted on the Front Page thread show the 2nd choice dress. AND that dress is more acceptable for a recent double mastectomy patient????

I'll have to watch tonight, if I can stay awake. Sheesh, most of this story seems to drag.

A few modest questions regarding today's events.

Instead of Jenny gushing over how she can see Jack in JJ, Abigail, and Thomas, how about bringing back the real Jack so that the viewers can see him?

Where's Maggie when you need her? Why couldn't Maggie have been in the K-mansion living room when Bonnie paraded in with that absurdly low-cut dress? The leader of the Salem fashion police would have been a much better job of trashing Bonnie's tacky wardrobe than Justin or Victor.

Why hasn't Bayview been closed? Instead of dithering over his choice for police commissioner, Mayor Abe should be on the phone to state authorities demanding that Bayview be shut down immediately. In addition to its past demonstration of highly irregular admission procedures and its failure to respect patients' civil rights, viewers have now discovered that a staff member is so feeble that she could be knocked out with a folder, and that sharp objects are left lying around for patient use.

How green would Sami get? Ms. Truly Radiant would surely been gagging over Jenny's claim that Abigail, whom she regards as a man-stealing tramp, was "radiant." And she would have been apoplectic over Marlena describing John as "truly romantic," squawking that there's nothing romantic about cheap hook-ups atop conference tables.

Last edited:
So the pictures posted on the Front Page thread show the 2nd choice dress. AND that dress is more acceptable for a recent double mastectomy patient????
Good gracious, I found the green dress in the interview with Justin and Adrienne. I couldn't have even have imagined such an obnoxious, ugly and totally inappropriate dress for anything, let alone a wedding. Don't these people have ANY brains?

Back