Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sept. 20, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the hospital, Kayla tells Lucas that it appears Bonnie was telling the truth. Chloe asks for clarification on "appears." They use 15 markers, Kayla explains, and Lucas matched all of them. Chloe worries about tampering, it's happened before, to her, Kayla knows this, took extra precautions. Lucas realises he's Baby Bonnie's father.

At the police station, alone in a room, Bonnie tells "Baby Bonnie" that her daddy's more reliable than 'aunt' Sheila. Don't worry, Mamma will provide, she insists to the baby and no other apparent listeners. She worries about her next step now that Sheila is out of the picture.

At the Pub, Sheila is lamenting her lack of funds. Abe steps away to take a call from John, catches her trying to lift his card. She claims she was just protecting him. He remembers Sheila Watkins, who helped Bonnie Lockhart. She and Bonnie have cut ties. Abe laments that she's not turning her life around since she wasn't charged for aiding in the kidnapping of Adrienne. She goes to leave; he gently touches her and she screams assault.

In the Private Area, Lani tells Eli she's been thinking about it, and though she has tried to deny it, there is a connection between them. He takes this as a hopeful step, she pushes him back. He thinks about her all the time, she thinks about their connection/baby David. She doesn't think she's recovered from David's loss enough to love anyone. She tells him they'll try to be friends. They part; see ya around.

In the Square, Kate tries to get Chad to join her for coffee. He updates her on the plan to meet Abby and Thomas, who are late. He's worried and tries to call. She doesn't answer, and he and Kate speculate, talk about Chad's laments trying to get a brother/sister for Thomas. Kate flashes back to Gabi revealing that she tampered with the DNA tests.

At the Horton House, Gabi promises the drugged (and unconscious, lying on the couch) Abigail that she has a surprise waiting for her. She silences a call from Chad. Later, she has dragged Abby upstairs and placed her in bed. Gabi removes the "Gabby" wig from her purse. She gets a text from Kate ordering her to come over quickly. She says "all in due time" and stuffs the wig under the bed. Downstairs, she realises she left her purse, goes to the living room. Chad enters at that moment. He investigates the living room, sees Abby's phone, but is summoned upstairs by Thomas's cry. Gabi is crouched behind the wingback chair.

At the hospital, Kayla gets a call from Steve. She tells him that she knows how this happened. Stefan can control the eye, and it's her fault. He doesn't let her say much else; but he apparently assures her that he'll be cleared and return to her. She tells him she loves him.

In the patient-waiting-area adjacent to the nurses' station, Lucas is shocked and Chloe supports him, saying even though this is a shock, he will be a good father...and she will be there for him, and her...if he wants. He goes to speak to Bonnie, but wants to do it alone.

Chad comes in with a very large toddler to Abby's bedroom; Thomas says "mommy" to wake her up. Abby is dazed, learns it's 12:30 and she's an hour late for their meeting. She doesn't remember lying down, must have decided to nap. Chad has a worried one-shot (not counting the toddler). Later, they are trying to hash out what happened, with no success.

At Kate's - hotel room? - Kate scolds Gabi for Chad's misery. Gabi does not feel bad, holds her leverage over Kate. Kate says the plan's not working, Gabi admits that the paternity switch wasn't enough, and then reveals that she is planning a "Gabby" return. Kate is shocked by Gabi's lack of conscience. Gabi's plan now involves making Stefan look like the switcher so that Chad can know the baby's his before it's born; then Abby will be locked up (because everyone thinks "Gabby" is back). She also apparently thinks that she'll get back with Chad after all of this (in a reversal from her last statements on this topic). Kate actually seems taken aback by this, but does nothing.

At the Pub, Eli enters as Sheila and Abe are exchanging their words. They explain their positions, Abe is shocked Eli knows Sheila. Eli will handle this. Later they talk about her transaction with Abe, Eli has her back, they eat lunch and don't not talk about Lani. They also don't share fries because Eli didn't order his own.

Lucas visits Bonnie in the big office at the Police Station. Bonnie wants Adrienne's intercession; Lucas says he'll accept his parental responsibilities by raising the baby on his own. Bonnie thinks that would be terrible, but he is unmoved. He can't help her. Bonnie won't tell Lucas where the baby is unless he agrees to help her.

Abe happens upon Lani, gets an update about her talk with Eli, in the Private Area.

They use 15 markers, Kayla explains, and Lucas matched all of them.
Hmmmm, bet Baby Bonnie belongs to one of Lucas' brothers instead. Since they only used 15 markers, it didn't take the DNA back far enough to show he wasn't her father. And he shares 50% DNA with Austin, Philip and Rex (via Kate) and Mike (via Bill), as well as with Will. Just my speculation.

So Gabi carried pregnant Abigail upstairs by herself and didn't wake her doing that? Those are some strong sleeping pills. Am I the only that wishes this baby was Stefan's? Would just be more interesting that way. I'm not a huge Abby/Chad fan. Yeah, I'm probably the only one.

When Sheila yelled assault when Abe touched her arm I thought sadly in this day that would be considered an assault. It's gotten crazy I think.

Have I missed it or has Eli never said to Lani that he liked her back when she was with JJ. Liking her has nothing to do with them losing a baby.

Was nice to have "Steve" on today. Though I was expecting that they would get into an argument after she admitted her part but didn't seem like it.

I laughed when Lucas said he had to go talk to Big Bonnie. Parker is in town?! We haven't seen him yet have we? I thought he was still with Nancy and Craig.

Lucas better find another lab, as they check more than just 15 markers........
Why doesn't Lucas just ask the P.D. who came to see Bonnie and took the baby? Hope or Rafe would learn that in 2 seconds. (Or should I just take off my common sense hat and go with the flow?)
And Bonnie can make a call? Another one? I thought only 1 phone call? (Remember, she did call Sheila to go get that baby and bring her to the station)
Yep, still wondering how Gabi managed to get Abby all the way upstairs, when Abby was sleeping, pregnant, & dead weight....and probably weighs more than Gabi as well, & Gabi never even mussed a hair or worked up a sweat.
Oh, that Sheila yelling assault......definitely a sort of wink at events that seem to make the news the past few years.

This episode was loaded with please-make-it-stop moments.

Bonnie: This con artist is as inept as she is amoral, plus she's targeted a fan favorite. It's too bad that Chloe can't shut Bonnie up by giving her the El-Fedeo treatment.

Gabi: Her convoluted, criminal, idiotic revenge plot has gone on far too long. That master of revenge schemes, Stefano DiMera, would be shaking his head at the pointless stupidity of it all.

Eli: He really needs to find a new love interest. His repeated conversations with Lani have become snooze-worthy.

Steve: The nonsense about him being charged with espionage has to stop immediately. How can anyone be charged with that offense because unknown to him/her a spying device was planted inside their bionic eye? Only in Salem.

Hmmmm, bet Baby Bonnie belongs to one of Lucas' brothers instead. Since they only used 15 markers, it didn't take the DNA back far enough to show he wasn't her father. And he shares 50% DNA with Austin, Philip and Rex (via Kate) and Mike (via Bill), as well as with Will. Just my speculation.

Since this Baby Bonnie story is so implausible, and the show made a big deal of markers and little potential non-exclusion of Lucas as the father (and I am starting to adjust to my new schedule)...I looked up the following fun facts about DNA testing:

https://dnatesting.com/paternity-test-when-two-alleged-fathers-are-related/

According to this (and two other sites I researched), only full brothers or fathers would be closely related enough to really screw up a 15-marker test. Interesting. BUT a more extensive test - which Kayla was correct to declare financially burdensome - would normally be done if the possibility of a brother (or father) being the parent.

Also, since Lucas has no full siblings, all of his siblings share only 25% of his DNA, which would lower the probability for the markers checked for paternity.

Thus, I am wondering how they'll wiggle out of this one.
Why doesn't Lucas just ask the P.D. who came to see Bonnie and took the baby?
Everyone on twitter's wondering the same thing.
That master of revenge schemes, Stefano DiMera, would be shaking his head at the pointless stupidity of it all.
Please. He may have been superb at brainwashing pawns and retconning Salem history, but he couldn't even scam Abby out of her Irish land.

.Have I missed it or has Eli never said to Lani that he liked her back when she was with JJ. Liking her has nothing to do with them losing a baby.

I remember that night he hooked up with Lani he said something like it had always been her. It struck me because I thought they were leaning towards that back when they were stuck on the island. Just little looks or whatever that led me to think Eli wanted Lani but it wasn't much and then they just moved on.

Please. He may have been superb at brainwashing pawns and retconning Salem history, but he couldn't even scam Abby out of her Irish land.
Yes, a lot of Stefano's revenge plots and scams were ridiculous and/or failures, but at least the Phoenix carried them out with a little style. He also always kept himself one step removed from law enforcement. Gabi is carrying out her crude, frenetic plots by herself, and if things go wrong, unlike the Phoenix, she'll end up in state prison. As for Kate, the fact that even the infamous brownie baker thinks that Gabi's nasty little plans are off the wall is telling.

The Steve is arrested off screen story is stupid. I hope they're not going to get rid of Kayla too because he's not around.

Bonnie is fun in small doses. I'm going to need her to leave soon. I loved Lucas saying he's going to raise the baby on his own. But I still don't believe the baby is even his, or Bonnie's.

I called it. I knew from the start that Gabi's so-called revenge was really about her lifelong obsession with Chad. It's more true to their history than when the show show tried to rewrite them as some kind of love story last year.

Thanks, Jason.

Lani should have sang "Why can't we be Friends?" to Eli.

Kayla is so confident that DNA test was correct showing Lucas as
baby Bonnie's dad. But is she really? Good for Lucas for going
for custody of the baby.

Steve called Kayla today. She mentioned Stefan's name. Does this
mean he knows now Kayla lied to him about how she got the
bionic eye? Will he forgive her?

There are no words about what Gabi is doing to Abby.

Big Bonnie,, Baby Bonnie :sick:, but I think the actor who plays Lucas is having fun with it. To me the scenes of him in the hospital seemed like he was really hamming it up.

Back