Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sept 8, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Pub, Steve comes upon Joey, who had texted him urgently. Steve wants to know what's up, Kayla approaches. Steve and Kayla realise they were ambushed. Joey feels that Steve & Kayla's problems are a central issue in his life. Joey can't talk to his parents about their relationship, hasn't Steve done enough? Kayla feels powerless and hates that she's become a nag. Joey quotes Marlena, "The most important thing is that we love each other." But that just isn't enough. Later, Kayla has come back with more coffee, Joey worries about it. The caffeine helps her headaches, she claims, and the males gang up on her. She is woozy but refuses to seek medical attention.

At the Townhouse, Jeannie T shows a Tate Tux to Brady, who questions the logic of this for their City Hall ceremony. He offers a big deal church wedding if she wishes, but all she wants is to wed him. This is her happily ever after. They worry about whether or not Victor took part in Tate's kidnapping; Brady tells Jeannie T to keep aggravating Victor (he uses more colourful language) because Victor won't change. There's a knock at the door.

At Club TBD, Nicole is doing some arrangements. Eve enters, she and Nicole are glad to see each other again (although Eve never thought she'd see back). Anne started the plans, but her mom got sick and had to leave, so Nicole's planning the party...but is doubtful the newly-domestic Jeannie T will come. Eve's shocked. Later, Eve arrives at the Townhouse, couldn't miss her little sister's wedding!! Eve jokes about Brady being sure about wedding Jeannie T, then demands that Jeannie T go out on the town.

In their roomy cell, Clyde paces as Orpheus reads. Clyde asks about "Milo" and Orpheus tells him he doesn't like "homespun humour." Orpheus quotes Stalin as he tells Clyde that their arrangement can be beneficial, but they're not going to be friends. They blah blah about how much Salem stinks ("animals," the Stalin-loving Orpheus calls them), how Victor thought Clyde was a dumb hick, the holier-than-thou Hortons, the devilish DiMeras, and the worst of all, the Horton who "slept through most of the DiMera family" and drove his boy crazy. Clyde learns that Orpheus has plans for Dr Evans and "Agent Black." Anyone else? wonders the heinous hillbilly. Orpheus flashes back to Patch slugging him and rescuing Kayla, and says, "Many more."

In the private park area, Kate tries to wriggle away from Victor and Deimos, who have the goods on her kidnapping Tate. Victor tells her it's time to pay. They also reveal they're on the same page, her scheme didn't work. Deimos surmises that Kate knew her "Kiriakis gravy train" was coming to an end when he returned from the dead (Victor: "Don't you hate it when that happens?"), so she'd try to turn the brothers against each other. It didn't work. They lay out their investigation, which winds through Nicole's investigation of Titus Drew, high-price call girls who give drugs to clients, who hate Jeannie T and the Brothers Kiriakis. Kate plays it cool, tries to play it off as if Deimos is tricking Victor. They announce they have proof, a video of the transaction; even Victor had resisted the idea that Kate kidnapped Tate before seeing it. She tries to shoot back about how awful Deimos and Victor are, they call her bluff and prepare to call Roman. Kate reveals she found evidence to stolen antiquities which Victor and Deimos each separately imported illegally and then sold on the black market. If they call Roman, she'll call INTERPOL.

At the Townhouse, Brady is making plans for the honeymoon suite. He looks through the mail, and there's a letter from Eric Brady.

At TBD, Nicole toasts Jeannie T, "the best partner she ever had." Jeannie T laments her horrible past, Eve shuts that pity parade down. Nicole tells Jeannie T that Brady's her oldest friend, and no woman was good enough for him, including herself, until Jeannie T. Eve jokes about strippers and the trio downs more wine. She gives Jeannie T a gift, a day for two at the spa; Jeannie is worried about leaving Tate for a whole day. Nicole gives her her gift, a date book with times she'd love to babysit Tate. Jeannie T concurs that Nicole's great with kids, Parker's lucky...this causes the ladies to choke up, and Nicole to step out for air. Jeannie T tries to follow her, but Eve stops her; sometimes when you're grieving, you just need to be alone.

Outside TBD, Nicole is quiet, Brady comes up to her and hugs her. She gets morose about Daniel because of Jeannie T's wedding to Brady. Daniel would be happy and shocked; Brady knows it's rough for Nicole, but he needs to talk to her about something else: the letters they've gotten from Eric. Could Nicole forgive him? Could he forgive Tate's kidnapper? Touché. She couldn't forgive Eric even if she wanted to.

At the hospital, Steve places Kayla on a gurney and demands that Dr Powers be paged. Later, a nurse tells them Kayla is undergoing surgery and they'll be updated soon; even though it's the same hematoma, it can no longer be ignored. Steve signs the forms for the minimally invasive surgery. Joey worries he got her mad, causing the hematoma; Steve denies this, and says if it weren't for Joey calling the meeting, Kayla might have been alone when it happened. Later, everything has gone perfectly, and Steve tells the head-bandaged Kayla that she'll be fine. She's glad theirs were the first two faces she saw when she woke up; they tell her to sleep, they'll both be here when she wakes up.

Still in the private area, Kate gloats at her win. Victor and Deimos can't move on her, but Victor says that Brady can. What will he do if (when, corrects Deimos) Brady finds out about Kate's actions? Kate again threatens INTERPOL, and suggests that they find a fall guy, fast, since Brady/Jeannie T won't rest until the kidnapper's found.

At TBD, the party is wrapping up, Jeannie T is talking to Emma, don't let anyone in, she and Brady will be home soon. The big day is tomorrow; Jeannie T thanks her friend and sister. Eve says Jeannie T is a lucky, very lucky girl; she and Nicole enjoy more wine. At the townhouse, Jeannie T is looking forward to tomorrow, the best day of her life. Brady leaves, he will see her tomorrow.

Back at the prison, what a small world, Clyde introduces Orpheus to Victor's nephew, Xander, who holds a grudge against "Theresa Donovan."

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me when/how Nicole and Eve interacted. I've been searching my memory banks and coming up empty.
The only time I remember is when Eric introduced them to each other briefly in the Square. Maybe they interacted more off-screen? In any case, I hope this is a friendship that they continue to explore. Nicole needs more female friends on the soap. And I have to say, the scenes with them were probably the best of the soap, besides the Daniel-worshipping at the end.

Kayla/Patch/Joey...about time this whole medical thing came out. I hope that Kayla has a post-op revelation about marrying Patch. Cliche? Maybe. But I just want them together already!

I could've done without Kate. Really? Blackmailing over some stolen artifacts? That's the best the writers can come up with? Why do these writers love the artifacts so much, whether the Anastasia egg in 2012 or Serena's elephant? Egads, this is silly and awful on all fronts.

Thanks for the write-up. Not a bad show today, all in all.

I have lots of memories of Eve and Nicole interacting. There was the that time Eve and Nicole ran into each other at Club TBD. And then there was the time when they got got together and threw a three-woman "bachelorette" party for.... Oh wait this was kind of a trick question right? :)

Seriously the only time I can think of where Eve and Nicole might have interacted was the Bicenntennial where maybe they conversed in the background or something during a scene. Just to be clear I can't say for sure that happened but that's the only time I can remember where they may have come into contact.

Good write up, JasonD......and what happened in re: Kate/Victor/Deimos only confirms my opinion that the storyline & kidnapper was changed from what was intended or already filmed. Someone else was the culprit, but new writers did not want that person to be the villain in the piece....and so hastily rewrote it all. Illegally obtained antiquities......Give me truly a huge break!

They have also quickly ended Kayla stumbling around and getting dizzy, she had her surgery in the blink of an eye.

All I can say about Eve is.....well, she & Nicole/Anne have been in contact because of the wedding, And, after all, we only see bits and pieces of the lives of Salemites, so I will accept that Nicole & Eve may have interacted off screen......same as Joey has obviously interacted with Marlena off screen. :)

Perhaps we should all try to get into prison! Really roomy cells, ability to go to other areas easily, even rooms with a fabulous view of the rolling hills. (A hint to writers......there are NONE there are none between Chicago wherever Salem is within an hr. or so, and also none directly south of that area. However, go down to middle of state....yep. LOL. I just love Clyde spewing his hate at various people with no mention of his own evil deeds. And Orpheus. Oh, that man is intriguing, to say the least. He certainly listens well, despite trying to read...but even quoting Stalin. (Death is the solution to all problems, no man...no problem. LOLOL) Love that he doesn't appreciate "homespun humor".

thank you, Jason. Good show!

Jason, thanks for the chuckle about this abysmal episode.

only time I remember is when Eric introduced them to each other briefly in the Square. Maybe they interacted more off-screen? In any case, I hope this is a friendship that they continue to explore. Nicole needs more female friends on the soap. And I have to say, the scenes with them were probably the best of the soap, besides the Daniel-worshipping at the end.

I actually had a similar thought. Nicole and Eve are a much better fit as friends than Nicole and Chloe or Nicole and Jeannie T who should be in the JJ/Gabi/Chad orbit.

The Tatenapping reveal was SO bad that even the actors weren't selling it. Horrible. And Kate gets away with yet another crime. PLEASE send this woman off my screen permanently and give me more Belle and Shawn. And I'm also not buying the sudden love between Victor and Deimos.

Nicole is dead to me. Talk about character assassination. How many times has Eric forgiven her or given her a 2nd chance? And hey Nicole but your "best friend" Chloe was married to Brady at one point. Did you not know that?

I do hope the letter from Eric is foreshadowing of his return.

Kayla's head: wow talk about wrapping up quickly. This will be forgotten in about a week. I really hope they now move into the Orpeus stuff instead of the backburner.

I actually loved the ending with Xander superimposed over a smiling Jeannie T. Go get her Xander!!!

We didn't need Xander to return. Three villains, kind of reminds me of the old Humphrey Bogart movie "Desperate Hours". Please tell me this ridiculous storyline isn't going to on ad infinitum. Thank God for DVRs. I can fast forward Kate etc. That is truly a lame reason she can blackmail the Kiriakis bros into finding another patsy. So out there and insulting. She needs to pay and pay big time. Matching her with Chad on the DiMera legalization is like the spider and the fly. Gag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jason and I agree with your tweet.

Both Victor and Deimos have been involved with drugs in Salem. Why didn't Kate use that
instead? So who will be the patsy for kidnapping Tate.

Clyde had the best lines today. Victor called him a stupid hick, then he mentioned the Horton
family with their noses in the air and Abby sleeping with DiMeras.

I wish they could've had Anne at the bridal shower too.

It was cute Kayla said "family unit" to Steve and Joey. I hope this is a good sign for her and
Steve. Will we see later where they cut her hair for surgery ha, ha

I'm glad Eve came to town for the wedding and they didn't play her theme song

Brady ordered champagne for the honeymoon suite. I thought they both stopped drinking.

For a pair of supposedly smart men (or what passes for smart in Salem), Victor and Deimos aren't all that slick. Instead of simply passing their information to Roman, letting his bumbling detectives eventually connect the dots, and then sitting back and privately gloating over Kate's downfall, these two idiots just had to tip their hands in yet another pointless Salem confrontation. Naturally, Ms. Blue Chunk has the goods on both of them so their grand plan instantly devolved into a shabby plot to find a "fall guy." Only in Salem. And then there's the formerly smug Clyde, the pride of Poplar Bluff, who once walked around Salem like he owned the place. The way he talks now brings to mind the old song lyric "it's been the ruin of many a poor boy," only this time the instrument of his undoing was the people of Salem, not the House of the Rising Sun. Finally, regarding the much-lamented Love Doctor, the truth is out -- Salem never needed him. Kayla was quickly saved today by third string no-name Dr. Powers, a man who probably shaves regularly, is likely not tinted orange, and presumably doesn't drool over attractive women in hospital gowns.

Good write up, JasonD......and what happened in re: Kate/Victor/Deimos only confirms my opinion that the storyline & kidnapper was changed from what was intended or already filmed. Someone else was the culprit, but new writers did not want that person to be the villain in the piece....and so hastily rewrote it all. Illegally obtained antiquities......Give me truly a huge break!

I completely agree!!! I do not think it all started out as Kate.

Also I was wondering how many times "Kiriakis" was said during that whole scene! LOL

If I were from Poplar Bluff, I would be insulted the way they have played Clyde and his kin. Hick doesn't even begin to cover it. Everything in Arkansas isn't in the boondocks. People in Salem can be very condescending. Yet, Salem is a thriving metropolis with all the top physicians and conglomerates.

I don't mind suspending reality but I grew up in a metropolitan city with fashion industry among others. When I first went to Chicago, I was mocked because I had a drawl. They honestly thought I rode a horse to school and couldn't believe we had an airport. My hometown, then, had a million people. I also spoke much better grammar than many I met in Chicago. Salem does not remotely resemble a big city.

And why does everyone go to the Square to talk extremely sensitive information, that is unless they are at Club TBD with people lurking from nearby bar stools?

Back