Days of Our Lives - Thurs., April 17, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, April 17, 2014

Brady talks with Jennifer in her office, wanting to help Daniel, but Jennifer lets him know, in no uncertain terms, that she cannot talk to him at all about Daniel, and what happened, because he is drinking, and involved with Theresa. She knows he loves Daniel, but he has shown poor judgement in regards to Theresa. He wants to help, and makes some sort of promise or deal, we don't see or hear.

Daniel and Theresa run into each other in the park, he calmly tells her he knows her, knows what she is capable of, but if she thinks what she has on JJ is going to save her, think again. She will be going down, and it won't be him or Jennifer, and no one, but no one will be able to save her.
Brady meets with Theresa, having bought her an espresso, she smiles, wishing it was a bloody Mary. He then tells her that Daniel is his best friend, he wants to help him, find out who did this to him. And so he will not be drinking any more, nor seeing her. She figures he thinks it is her. No, but he he just does not want to be connected to her if she is involved in any way.

Daniel meets Jennifer at her home, she tells him about Brady's offer. He says absolutely not, he is drinking, cannot be reliable. Brady comes in, tells Daniel he has stopped drinking, broke it off with Theresa, and wants to help get to the bottom of this. Daniel agrees, the men hug.

Aiden & Hope are at the Pub, she thanks him for having Chase write the Thank You note. Along comes Father Louie, figuring they are talking of the summer gala. He mentions last year's event not going over that well, drops some big book of notes and records, and goes to see Caroline. Aiden & Hope look the book over, and realize that there has been no followup on a number of things. They call the Salem Inn to confirm the venue, but it has been booked by someone else. They manage to have Mr. Howell come to the Pub. The man is cranky, grouchy, and as much as they try to get him to change his venue or the date, he refuses. He doesn't like kids, cares nothing about scholarships, activities, or anything to do with the school. Hope explains they have had this date for 20 years, but Mr. Howell has been waiting years for that date to open up. He stalks out. Father Louie stops by on his way out, all smiles, sure that all is going well, Hope & Aiden figure that was fun. LOL

Rafe sits with Kate, trying to get her to open up and tell him what Nick has on everyone that they are all telling him to back off, stay away from it. Kate is no help at all. Sure, she doesn't like Nick, but hired him, business is business. She leaves, Rafe sends a message to Will, wants to see him ASAP.
But Will is talking with Gabi, has showed her the gift Nick gave Sonny & Will for the wedding, and her involvement with Nick. Will is worried, about Ari. After all the Nick has done in the past, Gabi is involved with him again, and this worries Will, about Ari. Gabi insists Nick would not harm Ari. But Will was upset when Gabi said she was going to leave, and they have no joint agreement. She is taken aback, she would never stop Will from seeing Arianna. Will notes Nick tried to take her away from him in the past, she is indignant, as if she would allow that, she doesn't do whatever Nick says. She gets ticked and decides to go out. Nick texts Rafe to come over.

Nick has met with Kate, who goes over some project, approves it, tells him to go ahead. He wonders why she hasn't asked about his split lip, she figures someone gave him a deserving punch. He thinks she already knew, she says no, he mentions Rafe, she notes he said nothing. Now Nick is all "what did he say about me, what did you tell him". Kate assures him nothing, takes off.

Nick now meets with Gabi, who tells all about her conversation with Will. How his gift was so beautiful, Will & Sonny really like it. Then tells of the custody agreement Will had mentioned. Nick takes it all in, but says he cannot blame Will, after what he did to him before....and now, since they are...well, you know. He does make sure he mentions this never came up before, only since Will & Sonny got married.

Liam is making his plans to do in Dr. Dan. He takes out his sample case, removing a package of something, then calls someone. Later he meets a gal in the park, who gives him a small paper bag, saying it is what he asked, she hopes this is all, and whatever he is planning, that he knows what he is doing.

Back in his apartment, Liam spills a bunch of pills out on the table, takes a prescription bottle from the brown bag, and fills it with a bunch of pills.

Rafe arrives at the apartment, wanting to know from Will why everyone is trying to make him back off from Nick. What is going on. He wants to protect his sister. Will does the same, telling him to just leave it alone. O.K., now Rafe wants to know exactly what illegal thing did Nick do. Will carefully tells him it isn't Nick who did something illegal.

And it really is best for everyone if Rafe would just leave it all alone.

Theresa sits on a bench in the park, (having remembered several times how she gave Liam the key to Daniel's apt.) talking aloud, wondering how she can get herself out of this.

Liam lets himself into Daniel's apartment, has donned his blue latex gloves. He takes out the bottle of pills, big grin on his face.

So for 20 years the Church School has had the event at the same location and for several years Mr. Howell has wanted that very same location and time frame for his very important event...... who knew other things occurred in Salem.... and who knew about this 20 year old function that we are just now hearing about????

Da plot I tell ya...

And if St. Luke's School just opened, why would they have a 20 year fundraiser??? :rolleyes: I like Hope and Aiden but lets move on to non-school related stuff already.

Brady was slightly tolerable today. Let's see how long this sobering up lasts.

Love me some Rafe but I don't like how everyone is telling him to butt out. I hope that's not foreshadowing of something bad. Interesting that we've had Rafe 3/4 days this week but no Jordan.

I wonder if Stefano is part of the Midwest Domino Club too :rotfl::rotfl:

Sami and Kate are old enough to know not to try and get rid of a body, and so is Gabi for that matter....So I hope Rafe finds out and blows everything wide open, it will take the power away from Nick. Gabi was just defending herself from being raped. And maybe it will teach grandma and great they should not stick their noses in everyone's business. Doubt it! Sami and Kate have done more despicable things then this and never went to jail

Gabi was acting like Sami jr. again today, pouting when Will was talking to her. This attitude is becoming annoying.

It actually was a good show! Amazing what NO junior/Sami does for the show!

There has been SO MUCH Daniel and Jennifer the last 2 weeks. Are we in timeout? Are viewers who refuse to get behind this pairing being punished? I have watched DAYS since I was a teenager, which totals almost 20 years of viewing, and never has a couple been pushed on the audience as much as these two. What is happening? Daniel and Jennifer were voted Worst Couple and Most Forced Couple by multiple soap media outlets at the end of 2013. Is DAYS going for a repeat? I am completely baffled by this! Can someone - ANYONE- explain why this is happening.

In unrelated news, Rafe has taken back possession of his brain from the DAYS writers.

TPTB don't seem to understand the word "ensemble". They finally get that viewers don't want to see Sami/EJ constantly so to compensate they give us another couple rather than giving more air time to vets on the back burner. I personally don't mind Jennifer and Daniel as long as they are not making up/breaking up all the time and I know others I've spoken to on twitter agree. However, too much of anyone or anything is never good for the show.

I posted when we had the initial Liam spoilers that that would mean Jennifer would be on front burner for a while and that is exactly what we are getting.

Rafe has taken back possession of his brain from the DAYS writers.
Rafe may have been able to reclaim his brain from the writers, but he's surrounded by large numbers of persons who haven't been in possession of their facilities for years -- so good luck to getting to the bottom of the Nick mystery. And if by some stroke of good fortune, Rafael does learn the complete truth about the body-in-the-river episode, Tricky Nicky better take the first bus out of Salem. If the mighty Rafe ever learns that the Trickster once tried to rape his little sister, the smug, smarmy blackmailer will be toast.

This is what happens with writing 10 mos-1 year in advance, and filming 4-5 months in advance. There is just no way to change anything quickly, or even semi-quickly. And even if they were thinking about something, they are notified that this actor or that actor will be leaving, not renewing their contracts, etc. So, they then are concentrating on story for those exits.

I think today made Rafe all the more determined to get to the bottom of what ever is making everyone clam up about Gabi/Nick. I was also very glad to see Brady come out of his boring pity party to try and help his friend. Jennifer did a good job of telling Brady that because he is drinking and hanging with Theresa, they would not be able to trust him.

Mostly, I just wish Daniel would get a shave and a haircut, and look clean at least.

Hallelujah, Brady is going to stop drinking to help Daniel. I hope
Brady will give Daniel some grooming advice too. Will Brady start
drinking again once Daniel is saved?

So Mr Howell hates kids and won't help Aiden and Hope out.
Maybe they can have the gala in the school gym.

I wonder what Rafe will do after seeing Gabi and Nick kiss.

I laughed the day we saw NIck's gift since it was heart shaped.

What a tangled wed 'they all weave' when they practice....who isn't deceiving?? Just one thing I surely hope the writers don't do and that's have Parker end up with any of the things Liam is planting in Dan's apartment. I don't like it when the story line includes endangering children and certainly not sweet Parker.

Thanks for the summary. I am still tired of Gabi and Nick-I hear all your complaints about Daniel and Jennifer, but for me, I don't mind them when they are on the same page (even though they are being shown quite a bit). Bu my complaint is about Gabi. She was NEVER this idiotic in the past, and it seems like Nick only has storyline when he blackmails people. Boring and frustrating. But the one thing I am liking from the summary is that Brady is finally waking up and sobering up. His pity party, as Poirot put it, was very boring.

Back