Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Dec 7, 2023

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
Maggie runs into Konstantin in the breezeway outside the Brady Pub, and wonders what he is doing there. He just needed fresh air and confesses to her he cannot go back to Greece. She wonders why, and he offers to tell her over coffee.

Alex and Theresa are in the Brady Pub eating a meal and discussing their "rules" for going on a date. The Pub is not what Theresa had in mind, she wanted more upscale. Alex kisses her and asks if that makes up for it, and she says sure. She glares as Maggie and Konstantin walk in together.

John and Steve are at John's townhouse discussing their suspicions of Konstantin and feel they need to step up their game to protect Maggie.

Everett is at his hotel room talking to himself. He can't believe Chad is the one that fired him and says he wasn't the man he thought he was.

Reply of Chad and Stephanie in the square where she confronts him about firing Everett. Chad plays like he is confused, asks her why would he do that? She explains all she knows, asks him if he is just going to stand there and deny it? Chad tries to speak but she interrupts with a story of how she found out everything. She goes to ask him again, Chad interrupts and confesses that he did indeed fire Everett. Stephanie looks angry.

Rafe and Jada are in bed discussing how good they are in bed and Rafe asks Jada to move in with him.

Alex can tell Theresa is uncomfortable, sees Maggie and Konstantin and offers to take Theresa home. Maggie greets them, wonders why they are hurrying off? Alex makes up an excuse, and they start to leave. Konstantin stops them and tells Theresa he has something he needs to say to her.

John and Steve still talking about their investigation and suspicions. They go over the things they already know. Steve says Konstantin has an answer for everything. They suspect he is lying and not sure if Maggie is fully buying his lies or not. John is laughing at how ridiculous Konstantin is. Steve says they have to prove he faked Victoria's kidnapping.

Back to the Pub, Konstantin is apologizing again to Theresa for his accusation. He asks her to find it in her heart to forgive him. Theresa stares at him.

Back to John and Steve discussing how they will be able to prove Konstantin faked the kidnapping.

Back to the Pub, and Theresa says yes, she forgives him. She also wants to say that she appreciates him not thinking she is a gold-digger and she is sure they can say the same thing about him. (very sarcastically).

Back to Rafe and Jada talking about her moving in with him. She is hesitant. Rafe argues that Roman bugs him and other people, everyone up in their business. Rafe wants privacy. Jada realizes he is serious about wanting her to move in with him.

Stephanie angrily asks Chad why he would do that? Chad tries to explain. Stephanie is angry. Lots of back and forth. Both Chad and Stephanie are petty and angry. She doesn't think he trusts her. Chad doesn't trust Everett. Stephanie says same with Alex. She tells Chad what he did to Everett is unforgivable. Chad defends himself. Stephanie calls him on his commitment issues regarding marrying her. At least Everett was willing to marry her.

Chad asks about that. He finds out about the ring and how Everett had planned to and how she just found out. Chad is angry. Stephanie is angry that the guy she thought ghosted her wants to marry her but the guy she is living with does not. Chad says so you want to marry Everett? Stephanie is angry Chad thought that. She is angry Chad is wasting her time trying to figure out if he loves her enough. She claims she does not want to marry Everett.

Back to Rafe and Jada discussing her moving in. Jada didn't think they were there yet and was surprised. Rafe had been thinking about it a while though, well, since Gabi has been gone. He thinks it would be nice to share his house with someone he loves. Jada admits it is tempting, but she hasn't lived with someone in a very long time and it's a big step. Rafe asks about who she lived with before? And she replies her ex-husband.

Theresa and Alex are back at their apartment discussing the conversation with Konstantin at the Pub. Theresa thinks Konstantin is just trying to score points with Maggie.

Konstantin and Maggie sit down at the Pub and she says it was very gracious of him to apologize Theresa. He points out how she said someone could say the same about him with Maggie. Maggie makes a face.

Back to John and Steve discussing how to prove the kidnapping was faked. They figure out the spot of where the handoff had to take place and realize there is a bank with a camera. BINGO, they found their culprit, and we see a picture of Theresa holding baby Victoria. But they can't tell it's Theresa because the image is too grainy. They come up with an idea how to get a clearer picture.

Back to Theresa and Alex discussing her doubts about Konstantin. Alex thought he was a nice guy. Theresa reminds him about the horrible things he said about her. Alex says she is right and will keep an eye on him. Theresa admits maybe she is overreacting. Alex says maybe, but how low can he go to go after a widow's money. Theresa makes a face.

Maggie tells Konstantin she still needs him to stay away to keep her family safe. She says she does not think of him as a gold-digger. He appreciates that and says he is a survivor.

Rafe and Jada again; Rafe wants to know about her ex. Jada hesitates, but then starts sharing her memories. She tells Rafe about the happy memories when her ex proposed to her, tells how he wanted to propose, would've been super romantic, but she took an extra shift and messed it up. So he instead surprised her with a dessert and when she opened it the ring was on top of the dessert. They had gone to a concert and danced under the stars to her favorite song. Jada says they were intense when they were good together and she thought it was going to last forever.

Chad arrives at Everett's door. Chad knows that Everett knows that Chad fired him. Everett says ok, we're done then and goes to close the door. Chad says no, I need to hire you back but first I need to know if you are here to try and win Stephanie back? Everett says yes, I do want her back. Chad appreciates his honesty and walks away.

Back to Rafe and Jada discussing Jada's first marriage. Rafe talks about his own past marriages. He thought it was going to be 'til death do we part, all three times. He says it's ok if she isn't ready to move in, he'll just keep coming here as long as she still wants him to. Jada tells Rafe she still believes in love and when you find the right person and love them, it can actually be forever. Rafe still believes in that, too. Jada is grateful she found him, in love with him, and very lucky. Rafe says he is the lucky one.

Konstantin is telling Maggie she might be tired of hearing about his friendship with her late husband. Maggie says she actually enjoys hearing his stories very much. Konstantin talks about how great Victor was. Maggie knows he was great but wants him to explain why he isn't returning to Greece. Konstantin says he made calls and the Greek mafia accepted his terms but warned him if he ever returned to Greece, he would be dead.

Steve and John discuss that the ISA have the technology to enhance the photo. Steve will send it to Shane and let John know what he finds out.

Alex tells Theresa the housekeeper came by. Theresa isn't impressed with the housekeeper, the place is still messy. Alex admits he had told her to focus on the bedroom, primarily the sheets on his bed. His bed is very clean for now, does she want to try them out? She puts her drink down and says she is comfortable right there. They start to make out, things get hot and heavy fast.

Maggie is appalled the mafia is threatening Konstantin. He is so grateful to her, says he appreciates all her generosity, and goes to hold her hand. When John walks in, he quickly lets go. John walks away and Konstantin says if Maggie will help him stay at the Salem Inn a bit longer, he can get his citizenship and get out on his own.

Steve is on the phone with Shane discussing the case and sends Shane the photo. Shane will get back soon as he has something.

Alex and Theresa in afterglow on the couch. Alex is going to take out the trash. Theresa smacks his bottom and says 'chop chop', he replies "yes ma'am" and leaves. She puts on her hoodie, the same one she wore when she kidnapped Victoria.

Out in the hall, Alex and Chad meet at their respective doors and Alex has something for Chad that Stephanie said to give him. It's her key. We then see Stephanie arrive at Steve and Kayla's, says she moved out of Chad's and asks if she can stay with them.

Everett is looking at the ring and talking to himself that he might get another chance to put the ring on her finger.

Rafe and Jada in afterglow again, just enjoying being together again and again. He teases again about her moving in and goes to the bathroom. Jada gets out her phone and is looking at an old photo of her and her ex, we see that her ex is Everett. Then we see Everett just looking around the room, contemplating.

I think I would enjoy this Theresa story more if it was original Theresa. And of course the camera sucks. I think you can at least tell it's a woman but I'm sure Shane will be super excited to see his daughter!

Omg Rafe actually does still have a house?! I am not Jada/Rafe fan at all. Just knew Everett would be her ex. But when? Before Stephanie and accident? Or after accident?

Geez Maggie, if you need to keep your distance from Konstantin maybe don't have coffee with him.

Thanks so much DaysLady for taking today. It was an amazing show, with rich dialog, no flashbacks, beautiful decorations and good fellowship all around.

Yes, I've decided to drink the Kool-aid and pretend the show is great and not a dumpster fire of incompetence, which it is.

And yes, sleeping together/sex and living together are two different levels. Living together means I have to let you know I'm going out with friends so don't plan on me at any time getting home. Sex means when I see you, I see you.

Thanks, DaysLady for helping out today.

Maggie just had to ask Konstantin what he needed to do to say in the US and of course one of the things is
marrying a US citizen (hint, hint Maggie). But sometimes that doesn't always work if you pretend to
love each other.

Wow, Black Patch finally got their act together to look for the kidnapper with cameras in Salem. Will
Shane recognize the person in the hoodie?

Will Chad actually offer Everett's job back? He said he would. Anyway, after the way he talked to Stephanie
he's officially a jerk.

I laughed when Rafe talked to Jada about Roman staring at him when he left to go down to the pub.

I think I would enjoy this Theresa story more if it was original Theresa. And of course the camera sucks. I think you can at least tell it's a woman but I'm sure Shane will be super excited to see his daughter!

Geez Maggie, if you need to keep your distance from Konstantin maybe don't have coffee with him.

Yes, sorry, Gwen-with-wig as Theresa just doesn't work.

I'm starting to get the feeling there was no accident with Everett. Actually, I've had that feeling for a while, now it just got a lot stronger.

Don't like them writing Maggie as this gullible. Maybe the writers will surprise us and she's just stringing Konstantin along?

It’s understandable that Konstantin wanted to cheat Maggie — he’s a sleazy grifter. If Gwennie T. Is involved, it’s likely that it’s just because she’s a greedy wretch. She deserves to go down hard.

So Chad has been found out already and has abjectly offered to rehire “Nick” Everett. Stefano would toss him out of the family for such ineptitude.

If anyone ever wondered if the Salem P.D. hs any skills, we now know what they are. It would have made for a good scene if Mayor Paulina had walked in on Rafe and Jada and then loudly demanded that they quit canoodling and get busy catching crooks.

Finally, the writers now expect the viewers to believe that “Nick” Everett is Jada’s ex. As his former “admirers,” Jett and Jeremy, would agree, this is a real stretch.

Am I wrong or did we not get why Jada and Everett are exes? I really like the actor and know he can do crazy really well but I was hoping Everett wouldn't be nuts. Mostly because it means he won't be around long. I hope they at least write some humor for him. He's great at it even if we only see it when he's a zombie or the devil's assistant.

I think I'd rather a Nick and Charlie zombie comeback. Ouside of Nicole and Gabi it seems like we don't get to see some of the great acting people can do on this show until they go off the rails. The girl who played Claire was great when she lost it. Unfortunately they just subjected us to her singing forever.:rolleyes:

I'm getting a bit of an "ick factor". I mean, I know in Salem, age doesn't exist. example: EJ and Sami. One minute he's a baby sitting on her knee and the next he's old than her and her husband, father of her kids, yada yada. But Rafe was married to Sami and Hope. HOPE BRADY, I mean. So he was married to two grandmothers. And his girlfriend was married to Everett, who is around the ages of Stephanie and Joey and Chad, Chelsea even (Hope's kid).

I just feel like them connecting Jada and Everett as a formerly married couple makes Rafe seem like he is old enough to be Jada's grandpa, or uncle. I hate they did that because I actually DO like Jada and Rafe together. I'm just not liking the "ick factor" that all of these connections are causing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So did NEVER-ett dump Jada to boink Stephanie, or did he wine/dine her after ghosting Stephanie, the dupe?

And who really cares since Stephanie is an egomaniacal floozy who thinks the grass is always greener? She'll date Everett and then see Chad having coffee with someone, and get jealous.

It's a shame the Fi-Core writers were using outlines provided by the regular writers instead of going and doing something, I don't know, creative.

OK, call me old fashioned, or just old (I am), but I don't understand that Jada and Rafe can sleep together, but she's not "there" yet to move in with him? When is "there"?
Giving up your home and living with someone every day is very different from dating while living separately and sleeping together. There’s more to living together than bedroom activity—especially if it’s his house and she’s used to her own space.

Galen Gering (Rafe) is 52, and Elia Cantu (Jada) is 38. So "only" 14 years between them. While I do like them together so far, not sure if they are on the same page. As pointed out above, they have been sleeping together, but Jada does not think they are "there" yet. And everyone has their own definition of "there." TinaY is so right about this. Dating and having sleepovers is a lot different than sharing a living space. Maybe Jada should just break down and buy Rafe a really good razor to keep at her place. Compromise!

Back