Days of Our Lives - Thurs. Feb.18,2010

Sorry that some have gotten confused. Alison Sweeney has NOT left the show, she continues to play Sami Brady. And while some feel Sami presently is not exhibiting the same personality traits she has in the past, others feel differently.

Bryan Dattilo is no longer with the show...please note the tape date of this show was 12/18/09. So it has already been a couple months for him. Alison (Sami) is still filming.

Thanks for the write up Barb, Sad that it is Lucas/Brian's last day, the show never did use him right. TPTB played up the momma's boy for way to long and never seemed to break that image for me. I know others will disagree, but this how it was for me. The Melanie story line sounds great. I can't wait for Thursday now and i haven't even watched Wednesday's Show yet. I have to agree that Jame's Scott is a great actor, because I don't think I have hated a character as much as I hate EJ in a long time. I remember hating Victor and Stefeno back in the day, but I don't think as much as I do EJ. I cannot understand Anna's going along with this, or at least keeping it going. Anyway sounds like a great show.

The actor that play marcus Hunter, he was kill in a car accident , at the time he was on a show that play on lifetime. I cant for life of me remember what it was call , I do remember that wrote his death in to the show.

What happened to Wednesday's writeup?

According to Titan-TV this is the spoiler for today's episode.
Stephanie makes love to Nathan; Kate persuades Philip to be wary of Vivian.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot. Sounds like a good show. As usual, I will be fast-forwarding all things Sami/Rafe/EJ/Anna, but will have to press Play to see Lucas' last scenes. I will miss him. Best wishes to Bryan!

Thanks for the writeup, seems like a sad show all around--except the part of Vivian reminding Bo she has the right to remain silent,,lol oh Vivian. I wish this was not the lat time we are going to see Lucas, i will miss him. Thanks again.

Not exactly, Bryan had the option of filming one more scene that would have been about 2 seconds long and he opted out - there was no exit story planned.

Considering Sami's destruction and that of the show in general, Lucas leaving out the door with Sami is the most fitting exit I could expect. The only glimpses we've had of the real Sami in the past two years have been her scenes with Lucas. With him leaving, so is any hope of ever seeing her again. It works for me that they both exit their last scene together.

He confirmed in SOD they offered him recurring, but he felt it´s time to move on and refused. The show doesn´t have any story for him right now and they didn´t want to renew his contract (and pay him for nothing), but they still wanted use Lucas sometime for family scenes or as father for Will and Allie.

He confirmed in SOD they offered him recurring, but he felt it´s time to move on and refused. The show doesn´t have any story for him right now and they didn´t want to renew his contract (and pay him for nothing), but they still wanted use Lucas sometime for family scenes or as father for Will and Allie.

No once leading man as young as Bryan is would have accepted such an insulting "offer". I'm glad that he wisely chose not to allow them to ruin Lucas the way they are doing with others. TPTB had plenty of time to plan an exit for Lucas - Bryan was still under contract until Feb., so they were going to pay the same amount either way, they simply chose not to do it. Considering how poorly they are handling everything else, I'm not surprised and just as willing to have no exit than whatever ridiculous plot they would likely have come up with for it. I'm just glad Bryan will now be able to pursue better options and that Tomlin has successfully removed every reason for watching this show all at one time so that I didn't have to be torn about leaving it behind.

We don't question Barb's summaries, moshe, no matter the length or the time they're posted. We're just grateful that she spends her time on them. :)

Thanks for the write up!!! Much appriciated as always! I may forget to say that but I mean it.

Anyway, as for the show. I am SOOO gonna miss Lucas. :( BUT, I also just know it in my heart he will be back some day. And I bet it won't be that long. Maybe a few years but I still would put money on his return. And I bet when he does come back we may just get a second (er 3rd, 4th... whatever) chance at Lucas/Sami!

I'm in a postive mood I guess.

That said I also like the scene as it sounds with he and Sami. I love that they still acknowledge their connection and friendship and love even if they aren't together.

As for the rest of the show.... I want EJ to be dragged through the river! And I want Anna to buck up and do the right thing!

Hey Jade! Remember when you rewrote Bo and Hope's story years ago and we were all following it instead of the crummy storyline the writers had? Do you think you could straighten out the storylines again so we get a few happy endings?

Hey Jade! Remember when you rewrote Bo and Hope's story years ago and we were all following it instead of the crummy storyline the writers had? Do you think you could straighten out the storylines again so we get a few happy endings?

Wow!! I can't believe anyone even remembered that story I did! Thanks so much for remembering and liking it! :D

You know I would love to straighten out this mess again but sadly I just don't have the time I once did to do it. Plus, I'm a heck of a lot more jaded (haha no pun intended) about Bo and Hope then I was back then. But still... if I had the time I totally would give it a shot. .. although instead of a double I think I'd make Bo be diagonsed as a sex addict with a hero complex and him have to go into psycho therepy. hehe :D

Thank you for posting that there will be some pictures of Alice (Frances Reid) after the show.

Thanks for the writeup, seems like a sad show all around--except the part of Vivian reminding Bo she has the right to remain silent,,lol oh Vivian. I wish this was not the lat time we are going to see Lucas, i will miss him. Thanks again.

Yes that was a funny moment! Funnier to me though is Carly telling Bo the whole story when he told her she has the right to remain silent. He is the COMMISSIONER so he is the TOP COP. He has to report what she said. Of course she says she meant to shoot Vivian, but she admits she shot Melanie, which at least is involuntary manslaughter (since she DID mean to shoot Vivian and not NOBODY). We'll see if Bo is capable of doing/keeping his job. BTW I will miss Lucas too. He was out of the loop since rehab and it's a shame he can't be the one to help Rafe and find EJ on the island or something. Those two have been Sami's protectors and it's so sad she's in effect losing them both. I hope EJ PAYS BIG TIME in the end!!!!:evillaugh:

Bo was soooo out of order, and failed in his job, for sure. If any one of the cops under him had acted as he has.....they would be suspended.

yeah again other reason why Carly has ruined Bo....but I guess this Bo is the one we are stuck with. I mean he did try to get his daughter off for accidently killing his son (or at least try to hide the fact that his daughter was involved)..and he let his daughter drive his car and lifted her suspended license....seems to me Bo thinks certain people are above the law. I wonder if this will cost Bo his job I think Hope would have made a better Commis than Bo since she actually follows police procedure at least more so than Bo have to remember she went into that basement without back up.

~Ana

Thanks Poirot and the above freezing temps....!!!!
I watched a few clips of the show and the scene in the operating room when Lexie told Dr. Dan that Melanie was Carly's daughter was very very telling....Dr. Dan had a very "holy ****" look on his face and was quite taken aback for a few moments....
Loved when Philip got to see Melanie and put her wedding ring on her....sure wish those two have some happiness in their future.....
Between Anna and Johnny, I hope this kidnapping thing is busted wide open.....please, please, please.....
Wow, can't wait to see Lucas and Sami....even more so since it's his last time on screen....they are certainly an institution and will always be joined in their hearts.....

Back