Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Jan. 9, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thurs., Jan. 9, 2020

Did not see much, but.......Jen is talking with Abby about how big the kids have gotten in a year, Chad has gone to see Kristen. He was told by Mr. Shin, Gabi had her working at Basic Black. They go back and forth about the DiMera shares, Kristen is “stringing” Gabi along, as she wants to be there to get Brady back. Chad feels she is stringing him as well. Argue, he says Father wants him running the company, she says she wants to see Father in person first. Chad goes home, tells all to Abby, they are soon in bed, but he does text Stefano first. Steve-ano texts back not worry, he will take care of Kristen.

Nicole tells Brady about her face-off with Kristen, & how after her buttons were pushed so much, she told Kristen it was true, she & Brady were together. She knows it was wrong, she will go back and tell her the truth, Brady stops her, let Kristen think that, she will perhaps lay off going after me. Later, they are walking in square, see Kristen, tell her Victor is going to pull thru, they are out to celebrate. Brady warns Kristen to stay away from Nicole. Kristen returns to her room, smashing stuff, enraged.

Steveano calls Gina, says they had better go forth with their plan, she was right. Turns and there is Jack. Yes, he overheard, wants to know what plan? They get into it, (good scenes) with Jack reading “Steve” the riot act for how he treated Kayla. Steve-ano tries to defend his actions, Kayla moved on, she sent the divorce papers, he did as she requested. Jack will have none of, Steve hurt Kayla terribly, they go back and forth, Jack really telling Steve off. Steve-ano makes some remark about him & Kayla having 3 children together, Jack corrects him that it is just 2, but is told Kayla considers Tripp like her own, or some such. (NBC did a breaking news for over 10 min. ). Jack mentions how they have not seen each other for years now, Steve-ano throws in his face how he raped Kayla, and let people think him dead after the elevator shaft fall. Nasty argument.

Jack is gone, meets up with Jennifer, tells her how weird the conversation with his brother was.

Xander praying in chapel, for Sarah, Mickey & Victor, Maggie comes in. Chatting, with her commenting how Xander has been there for her, with Victor.

Later, Ciara praying in chapel for Victor.........and for Ben. Justin had seen her earlier, told her he did his best with the judge, up to him now.

Kristen opens her door, Steve-ano standing there. She exclaims, Steve Johnson, what are you doing here.

Ciara praying, Justin's voice behind her, the judge has come with his decision.

So this odd spoiler picture that was supposedly for today was never shown, right? I didn't see it, or if it was shown, I missed it.

I do remember when Gabi somehow handcuffed Leo to give Will and Sonny time together last year, but that's definitely not Leo.

JPI_Episode13761_370092-600x357.jpg

OK, found that clip, and it's definitely not Leo.

a61bbaf60d76d1b2e60d65382c7bff32.jpg

Am sure it was a mistake.........as other sites are very puzzled as well. And when looking up origin of picture, it is not connected to any soap.

Yeah, I did the same thing and saw it's not posted anywhere else, either. I wonder if it was a spoiler picture from before Gabi and Stefan (as it sort of looks like the second actor to play him) got married and the scene was cut? Then it was somehow accidentally posted yesterday?

Someone should tweet it to Ron Carlivati and ask him.

Doesn't look like Brandon Barash (Stefan) to me. Not at all.

However, this thread is about the show today itself.......so how about we go back to that. I know I missed stuff with the Breaking News, and some other interruptions, but what I saw of Jack & Steveano's scenes was really good. Yep, folks may want to skip some other scenes.....hard to believe all this is dragged out so much.

Maybe it's a picture of Camila Banus (Gabi) in one of her roles as a psycho in a Lifetime movie!

Question: Jack supposedly heard Steve-ano's conversation with Gina/Hope. In that conversation Steve-ano made a comment about not wanting people learning their true identities. Jack didn't ask about this at all????

Also ~ Do we know what "their plan" is?

Thanks, Poirot.

Lil0, Jack didn't hear the whole conversation on the phone. Jack asked Steve
what his big plan was. Stevano told him he was talking to Hope and how they
were going after Stefano and Rolf.

Stevano and Gina's plan is get John for her and Marlena for him.

I enjoyed Stevano's and Jack's talk. Jack said our mom was upset since
Steve didn't come to Adrienne's funeral. Surprised she's still alive.

Jack told Jennifer that Steve slipped and mentioned he and Kayla had three kids.
Stevano did say he was counting Tripp. Jack told Jen Steve didn't seem like
the same man. DUH :)

Nice scenes with Jennifer and Abby discussing how many times Jen had
to read a book to the grandkids.

I like the stained glass window in the remodeled chapel.

Interesting that Brady wants to go along with Nicole and pretend they are
a couple. Will their friendship turn into a romance? Probably just when
Eric comes home.

It was odd at the end when Chad told Abby he got a message from Stefano
because Chad called him Father most of the episode.

Tomorrow looks interesting with Stevano talking to Kristen looking like Steve.
Will he take off the eye patch?

Stevano and Gina's plan is get John for her and Marlena for him.
That's it? That's their whole reason for this return to Salem? I don't think the original Stefano would have concocted such an elaborate scheme for only that reason. He generally had something much more sinister in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, originally, Rolf brought Gina back for some reason, but he said himself, in re: Stefano, that he loved Stefano so much, was glad he had his essence, so Stefano could continue to "live". I really do not like sci-fi stuff, so am detesting it all. I have no idea why Rolf brought Gina back, maybe he had a "thing" about John interfering or besting him or something equally stupid.

However, one wonders how Rolf ever got hold of Steve to be able to do this. The only thing I came up with was he actually did Steve Johnson first, then Stefano's "essence" wanted John out of the way, so Rolf did Gina, but Steve-ano took his time appearing in Salem???

This whole storyline is so asinine.......

Know your place: So creepy Kristen doesn't care what Father wants or thinks. The much-criticized Steve-ano could win some viewers over to his side if he now punished Kristen by sending her to a secret DiMera island or the Salem tunnels never to be seen again.

Self-awareness: Xander wins more points by being aware of the incongruity of him praying in the chapel. Certain other Salemites lead thoroughly amoral/immoral lives and then waltz into church like practicing Catholics.

Pity poor Ben: As described by the Justin himself, he did a rotten job on Ben's appeal. Top appeals courts don't reconsider the facts of cases, they limit themselves to questions of law. So instead of saying that the case against Ben was based on circumstantial evidence (all of which is admissible), the bumbling barrister should have been arguing that Judge Damon Thorpe, Judge Rose Duncan, Judge David Goldberg, Judge Karen Fitzpatrick, or some other Salem jurisprudential dunce who was on the bench erroneously allowed things into evidence that should never have been presented to the jury.

Disguises: Despite her idiotic behavior the past few days, Kristen has done a big favor for women in Salem who want to disguise themselves. instead of wearing a ball cap, they could wear copies of Kristen's current dress, cleverly disguising themselves as a checkerboard.

How the mighty have fallen: Steve-ano must really, really regretting turning himself into the controversial Patch Johnson. In this episode, he had to take all kinds of grief from Jack "the Inquisitor" Deveraux and make excuses for Steve's shabby treatment of poor Kayla.

Back