Days of Our Lives - Thurs. July 22, 2010

Roman thinks someone wanted Bo to burn. (DUH!)

After reading this, I can totally imagine the scene, and me yelling at the TV "Thank you Captain Obvious".

Salem Brain wins again...

Thanks for the write up.

I am definitely a Bo and Hope fan, but they BOTH made mistakes. Nothing is solved without dialogue.

Here's my problem with "nighttime" Hope...

there's no microchip here
no possession
no hypnotism or mind control
no reprogramming of any kind

All the sleeping pills do is to make part of her brain go to sleep while her body and rest of her brain is still awake...

"nighttime" Hope is STILL Hope. she is still doing what HOPE wants to do. So... deep down inside Hope, she really wants to kill Bo!

that's not cool with me and I will have a difficult time watching them be brought back together. I dont care HOW angry someone gets at their spouse... when the want to KILL them... the marriage is OVER! sleeping pills or no sleeping pills.

Just my observation.

HGF

I agree HGF.

Cheating doesn't sound like a reason for mugging people or bonking them on the head.

And, as much as I once loved Bo/Hope, I'm really disappointed in how the characters are being written, and am not rooting for them anymore.

I wonder if Hope's family history (her mom's fear of Hope suffering from the same mental illness) might be revisited. That'd be an interesting sub-storyline that should be explored.

I think first and foremost it is important to remember this is a soap...however, sometimes art imitates life and vice versa. If you've ever watched the show "snapped", you'd see spouses killing spouses for lesser reasons than what we're seeing. I could certainly see this happening; you don't know what a person's psyche can handle after years and years of internalizing ****, sweeping things under a rug to be "happy"...I think that is the point, if there is one other than the obvious- storytelling...maybe not at its finest, but at least it is entertaining. I'm enjoying KA play the role and not looking for anything else other than to be entertained.

Carly shouldn't have come to Bo once SHE knew the problems Bo was having in his life she should have steered clear from that situation and she certainly shouldn't have gone to Bo when the father of her daughter was in the same town. And she certainly SHOULDN'T have moved into that house especially considering the hostility that is being place on her by a very angry upset and confused five year old.
~Ana

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, didn't stay away from Bo! I think Carly was headed for Bo from the very beginning after killing Lawerence looking for a protector she could trust, but more so to reconnect with or why else was she carrying around the scroll from their invalid Mayan Wedding? She was on a mission and for now I would say mission accomplished. But the story is not over as we anxiously await what the writers have in store for us.

I agree, Steffee. Carly came with an agenda, and that was to step back into her old life with Bo as if the intervening years never happened. If Bo & Hope had been happily married, she would've found a way to come between them.

the place had gasoline all over

My first thought when I read that was "Man, that's going to be a mess and a half to clean up."

Not enough difference between the "two" Hope's.

"nighttime" Hope is STILL Hope. she is still doing what HOPE wants to do. So... deep down inside Hope, she really wants to kill Bo!

I thought I'd address these two together. The reason there's not "enough difference" between the two, is Hope is still Hope. However, she is on a medication that can cause delusions, altered thought patterns, impaired judgement and reasoning, and increased impulsivity. Sure she's hurt and angry, but she would be absolutely appauled if she knew what she was doing under the influence. HourglassFan, do you really believe that Hope really wanted to hit Justin or Brady over the head? I don't. Nor do I believe she really wants to kill Bo. Not only is nighttime Hope acting on the hurt, angry feelings but is applying twisted, deluded reasoning and going way beyond what Hope would ever even dream of doing.

Other folks have done a good job of explaining why I don't see either Bo or Hope, or even Carly as the victim here, so I'm not going to rehash it.

It says something when part of me went "ah man... bummer" when Hope's plan failed.

:clap::clap::clap: Yes! Gramcracker and Sassyweathergirl, I agree with you 100%. So glad to see someone else give Hope the beating her character deserves. I, too, loved Bo and Hope back in the early days. But Hope, much more than Bo, has been changed to a very witchy character. No wonder Bo left her for the first person who treated him well.

This is why I have a problem with Rafe. You're either a good cop, or a bad one - and Rafe is just pushing it too far.

Couldn't have said it better myself, GeorgiaBelle. I turned against Rafe when he was stalking and harassing Nicole.

...Shane told him to not play by the rules when it came to the all of the Dimeras,

So...if Shane said it, is it supposed to be true? :) Rafe is a big boy and he was breaking rules before he ever met Shane.

I wonder if Hope's family history (her mom's fear of Hope suffering from the same mental illness) might be revisited.

:confused: Did I miss something? Laura Horton was the one with the mental illness (inherited from her mother) and was afraid Jennifer would go the same route as her mother and grandmother. I don't recall that Addie Williams had a mental problem.

If you've ever watched the show "snapped", ..

LOVE that show!!

I think Carly was headed for Bo from the very beginning after killing Lawerence...

Same here, Steffee.

Hope is a victim. Bo had a daughter with Billie (Georgia/Chelsea) who killed Bo and Hope's son Zack. Then Bo and Hope have a daughter who gets kidnapped. Bo freezes Hope out. Of course she goes a bit nuts -- any mother would. Bo refuses to understand. He demands that she soldier on. She needs some R&R. She shouldn't have left, she should have kicked him out. The house was purchased with her inheritance. And Bo shouldn't have jumped in bed with Carly. He's a jerk and, in Texas terms, "needs killin'."

Chelsea killed Zack. Bo was doing what a lot of parents would do, granting his daughter permission to drive. She was too young and irresponsible, yes, I'll agree. But, he ALSO lost a child.

Bo and Hope did not agree with how to handle the kidnapping. Bo didn't shut Hope out, in fact, it was the opposite. Hope blamed Bo for everything, pushed him away, etc.

They are BOTH to blame for the dissolving of their marriage.

And, I agree, that Hope on a conscious level can move on. But on the subconscious level, she wants revenge and (obviously) murder. Which I think is very extreme. She's got a screw loose.

Hope is a victim. Bo had a daughter with Billie (Georgia/Chelsea) who killed Bo and Hope's son Zack. Then Bo and Hope have a daughter who gets kidnapped. Bo freezes Hope out. Of course she goes a bit nuts -- any mother would. Bo refuses to understand. He demands that she soldier on. She needs some R&R. She shouldn't have left, she should have kicked him out. The house was purchased with her inheritance. And Bo shouldn't have jumped in bed with Carly. He's a jerk and, in Texas terms, "needs killin'."

The house wasn't purchased with Hope's inheritance. Bo brought Hope the house and got some of the money to pay for it from his parents Shawn and Caroline. Bo surprised Hope with it.

Both Bo and Hope are responsible for the marital problems. No one is the victim here.

:confused: Did I miss something? Laura Horton was the one with the mental illness (inherited from her mother) and was afraid Jennifer would go the same route as her mother and grandmother. I don't recall that Addie Williams had a mental problem.

Whoops, you're right. Wrong Horton. Addie had leukemia or something like that, right?

Ignore my post there...

Yes, Addie was diagnosed with cancer when she was expecting Hope and refused an abortion or any treatment until Hope was born. She was a beautiful lady, just like her daughters, Julie and Hope. Addie went into remission but was killed when she saved Hope (in her baby carriage) from being hit by a car.

Sorry, Barb. :back:

you know.....I am watching the show right now and after the scene where Hope sits there holding the match and contemplating to light it....it kept gnawing at the back of my brain....she was so fanatical about protecting her daughter and now by killing Bo and then most likely going to jail, she will have left her daughter almost orphaned?
Is this really just all about Hope then?

Thanks, again, KathyLu. I remember her pushing poor Hope out of the way and my mom bursting out bawling for the longest time.

Back OT: Rew, totally all about Hope. Obviously awake, Hope would never do what she's doing, but your subconscious always has a motive. And, hers is revenge/hurt/destruction that she feels.

Back