Days of Our Lives - Thurs. June 17, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, June 17, 2010
Episode #11,357 Taped 4/14 Director – Herb Stein

Love the show today, could it be cuz of Doug & Julie? You bet! They both sit in the kitchen at Alice’s, Julie not touching her soup, in a very blue funk over Alice’s illness. She talks of how no matter where one went, how long they were away, the one constant was always that Alice and this house was waiting when one returned. She flashes back to a conversation between a very young Julie & her grandmother, who is promising her just that….and talking of Julie & her baby.

Sami is pushing the stroller with Sydney in it, runs into Will, who is sniffling a bit, having just gotten off the phone with his dad, and learned about Alice. Sami hug him, telling him he is going to have to prepare himself, and of course they will go over now and see her. Sydney fusses a bit, Sami kneels down beside her, telling Will to get the sippy cup from her purse. Will pulls out a sheet of paper, evidently the paid bill from the contractor, and learns all the repairs are done on the condo….so Sami will be moving back. Uh, oh, no she isn’t, she breaks the news she is staying for a while longer, claiming it is for the kids, so they can spend time with their father. Will doesn’t seem to be buying it, tho.

Maggie gets a call from Lexie, informing her that Brady has been admitted to the hospital, alcohol, and a trace of drugs in his system. Maggie hurries over, running into Victor, who is upset, ready to give Brady what for. Maggie talks of being Brady’s sponsor, and a recovering addict herself, and Victor cannot do that, has to control himself, and more than anything, just listen. Victor is pretty angry, but calms down, and agrees.
Inside Brady’s room, he awakens, wants to know what happened, and Nicole blames herself, telling him he was drinking and taking drugs. He asks what she means, and now Nicole goes on about how she should never have followed him to Santo Domingo, interrupting his wedding – he murmurs that it was a hurricane – but she goes on at how he would be married to Arianna and none of this would have happened. Brady swears he did not drink, mentions the replica money clip and the guy who recognized it, that he figures he was set up, but doesn’t remember where he went looking for the clip. Lexie comes in, asks Nicole to step outside for a bit…she does, and has realized Baker was the culprit and storms off to see him.

Madeline sits with her husband in the Pub, telling him to let her do most of the talking with Chad, as he comes in, knowing they want to talk to him about Wake Forest, but he is not going there, period. End of it. Some back & forth, but Chad is insistent, is no longer hungry for lunch. Madeline gets him to agree to dinner, promising no further talk about this. He leaves, she talks of wanting to give him a gift, telling her husband she has some bonds she wants to give Chad. The DA wonders why she never told him, she never thought to do so. They are in her safety deposit box.

At DiMansion, Stefano & Kate talk of how she will don the blond wig, impersonate Madeline at the bank. He gives her a key (imagine that, the man is magical, lol) and off she goes. Later, we see her, blond, straight haired wig, getting the box, opening it, rummaging thru it, when she suddenly hears Madeline’s voice. The teller who brought her in has gone off duty, a female who knows Madeline is now bringing her in. Kate quickly shoves the box’s contents into her purse, returns the box to it’s slot, and exits thru another door. Madeline comes in, finds the empty box, insists the staff call security.
And over at DiMansion, Stefano shakes everything out of Kate’s purse, finding the tape (it is a VCR video tape), both rejoicing that they have outwitted Madeline. The camera pans over to a big brown envelope, staying on it for a few seconds.

Mia and Gabi bump into each other, Mia expresses sympathy to Gabi about her sister being in jail. Gabi doesn’t want to have anything to do with her, especially after what she did to Will, Mia talks of not realizing she still loved Chad until he returned, claims she always will. Chad has overheard some of their exchange, pops out, lets them know he is not leaving Salem for Wake Forest, but intends to stay in town with his friends. He talks of how his parents are more against him hanging with Will than Mia, mentions the picture of Kate & Madeline, and how he intends to find out what it was all about.

EJ arrives to see Arianna, breaks the bad news. Seems the judge has been sick, the arraignment pushed back as all these cases have piled up. (and I confess I thought EJ said the judge had sex, played back the tape twice, still sounded like that to me, but am guessing he really said sick…) He gets a call from Lexie, telling him about Brady being in the hospital, so he can impart that news to Arianna, which he does. Arianna later calls Brady, who swears he did not drink or take any drugs.

Earlier, Maggie & Victor were with Brady, as he insists to them that he never touched anything himself. Every once in a while, Victor is ready to boil over, but Maggie just gives him a look, or puts her hand on his, and he shuts up. Brady does tell about the money clip, the guy who recognized it, and not remembering any more. Victor promises to try and get to the bottom of this, he & Maggie leave, and out in the hall, he thanks Maggie, telling her how she seems to be able to know him and handle him (Victor) so well. He holds her hand, she takes it back.

Julie opens the door to Sami, Sydney & Will, who goes up to see Alice with Doug, leaving Sami to have a heart to heart with the oh, so beautiful and luminous Julie. Sami is a bit dejected over Will, and with some gentle prodding, Julie learns that Sami is living at the DiMeras, even tho the repairs on the townhouse are done. Julie is surprised, reminding Sami of all the heartache the DiMeras have caused, but Sami claims it is for her children, so they can spend time with their father. Julie asks what her FBI boyfriend thinks of this, Sami lets her know he is no longer in the picture, Julie thinks Sami is using EJ as rebound, Sami denies this, they are just friends, parents who are raising their children together. Julie reminds her again that the last time she stayed in the mansion, just friends, she ended up in EJ’s bed. They talk of how much Julie & Sami are alike, Julie doesn’t want Sami making the same mistakes, assuring Sami that she is a strong woman, can single parent easily. Sami knows she could, talks of how hard that is, and Julie did seem to make it. Julie kindly talks of all the love and support she got from her family, especially, she points her finger upwards, that lady up there. Sami is in tears, Julie, too, as she puts her arms around Sami, comforting her.
In the other room, Doug has come down with Will, and they talk of somewhat the same thing. When Will tells Doug about not getting along with his mom, moving out and into the DiMera mansion, Doug is quite taken aback. Doesn’t Will realize all the horrible things Stefano has done. Will claims that Stefano has mellowed, actually is pretty cool.

Nicole has snuck into Baker’s room, catching him snoozing on the bed. She wakes him up, claiming to have climbed in thru the window, berating him for what he did to Brady, and she knows it was him. Baker claims to have had no choice, he had the money clip, was asking questions and if he learned the truth, both Nicole and Baker would be history. Nicole warns him against ever hurting Brady again, he will regret it.

Barb

the show sounds awesome. thanks for the great writeup.

great write up Barb!

and oh oh oh Nicole....you had a chance to come clean and show how much you really love Brady by telling THE TRUTH! but you coudn't...you just coudn't....for shame.

I wish Julie would be around more as a guiding influence for Sami (and Hope) she hasn't said one erroneous thing yet to either women...she would truly make a wonderful new matriarch of the families.

yay!!! Doug & Julie... I wish they could be regulars again. They bring so much maturity to the show. It also brings a strong woman that is much needed.

As always, great write-up. Was wondering though why Madeline had to arrange for her teenage son to have dinner with her and her husband. Doesn't Chad live with his parents????

Nope. Too many tears, and not from laughing.

Yep, there has to be something good in that envelop. Unless they end up dropping it, and leave us hanging. Wonder what's in it for real to stuff the prop envelop. Somebodies dirty socks? Tissues? Blank copy paper?

Honestly - Julie is person No. ? to warn Sami... It seems like everybody is warning Sami about EJ, its been going on for months. Are the I told you so's going to last just as long?

that is what I thought, too, when I first saw it.......but then when the camera lingered on it......must be something else...........

YIPPEE!!! I can't wait for tomorrow!! Doug and Julie need to be on at least once a week after all of this, in my opinion!!

Lana
Always Doug and Julie

What I think is in the Safety Deposit Box

I think besides the video tape of course that there are stocks or bonds (the ones for Chad) and though Stefano doesn't need any $, he probably likes the fact he has them now for some reason known only to him.

Back