Days of Our Lives - Thurs. June 3, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, June 3, 2010
Episode #11348 Taped 4/7/10 Director – Albert Alarr

More fun and games today, as Maggie & Victor continue their delightful dialogue. Victor is on the phone with someone, evidently making the initial arrangements for the scholarship fund in Mickey’s name. He hangs up, Maggie is grateful, Victor comments that she has to know why he is throwing all this money around, it is to get back in her good graces. She laughs, cuz how can he get back to where he has never been! LOL. She chides him again on spending his wedding night away from his bride, urging him to go home, then giggling a bit as she is picturing Vivian, in her new peignoir, ribbon around her neck, awaiting Victor in the boudoir. He smiles, tells Maggie he hates her. But gets up to leave. She tells him to not forget to send her a card from Niagara Falls….he turns and says that is not funny, and I still hate you, smiling all the while.

Stephanie & Nathan are in bed, munching on a bowl of popcorn, complaining to each other about how little time they actually get to spend together, between work, trying to make plans, running back and forth between your place or mine. Stephanie has a solution, they could move in together. Yep, that is one idea. Stephanie is not happy with his response, he reminds her he gave up Johns Hopkins for her, kiss, kiss, over goes the bowl of popcorn…..and next we are in afterglow. He gets a call about a patient, a kid with a weak heart, back in the hospital, he feels bad, she thinks he’d make a great dad, he says time for that…..he has to finish his residency, climb Mt. Everest, grow up some more. She realizes they both have dealt with absentee fathers, Nathan wants something very different for his kid. (amazing there is not a single kernel of popcorn anywhere, lol) Nathan leaves, Stephanie ponders.

And now we are over at the Cheatin Heart, where the oh, so beautiful Adrienne is picking up dirty glasses as Stephanie comes in. Seems the deal to buy her place fell thru, so looks like Adrienne will be around for a while, especially with the economy the way it is. Stephanie wants some adult advice, at first makes up a story about a friend, but admits the friend is really her. Adrienne smiles, makes some remark about how “of all the joints in all the world, she came into hers”. (and for those who don’t know, that is a variation of what Bogie says about Bergman in Casablanca) Adrienne talks of how she & Justin adopted the twins, had a surprise pregnancy, was like having triplets, plus they had Alexander, too…but it was the happiest times of her life. She asks if Stephanie really wants to get pregnant, Stephanie admits to having stopped taking her birth control pills, not telling Nathan, is very torn, what was she thinking, she is regretting this now. Adrienne tells her of the morning after pill she could take, and if she is pregnant already, won’t harm the baby. Stephanie thanks her, leaves, goes back home. We see her with a box of something called Advantage B, taking a pill, settling herself into bed. In comes Nathan, gives her a kiss, spots the box, takes hold of it, asking what is this?

Carly is still questioning Daniel about what Chloe said and did when he told her of their wedding tomorrow. Daniel starts getting ticked, wondering why Carly is so insistent with her questions. If something is bothering her, spit it out. Carly tries making excuses about being his friend, but Daniel isn’t buying it. He loves Chloe, she loves him, they want to be married, but Carly is trying to make waves. What gives? She makes weak excuses, says he is right, none of her business.

Vivian is trying to convince Chloe to do away with Carly, Chloe is reluctant, she could not kill anyone. Viv did not say kill, let’s just say “help her to another world with newer opportunities. Chloe cannot fathom this, just cannot do this…..Viv tells her all she has to do is make sure Carly gets on the elevator at the right time….maybe it will go up, maybe down. Vivian will take full responsibility. Chloe cannot, she leaves.

Philip & Melanie are sitting in the Pub when Nathan comes in, long face intact, tells Melanie of the kid being back in the hospital. Melanie expresses her sympathies, they hug, Phil looks a bit uncomfortable, Nathan takes off. Melanie & Philip have argued a bit already about her father & Chloe getting married, Philip has told her to let her dad live his life, they should concentrate on themselves. After Nathan leaves, Melanie is babbling away again, Phil tells her to not talk, she laughs, says that is impossible. They decide to go home, cuz Phil knows of a way that would work.

Chloe is drinking a glass of wine, rather a big glass, when Daniel comes home, she turns, faces him, no other way to do this but tell him straight out. When she thought he was having an affair with Carly, she slept with Philip. Daniel has a fit, Chloe claims it was only once, Daniel recalls how she cheated on Lucas, too, there is a pattern here. He is very angry, he should have known better, it is over, out the door he goes. And of course, just a day dream of Chloe’s. She starts thinking of what Vivian has said, but no, she cannot do that. But the phone rings and there is Carly, once again demanding she tell Daniel, refusing to leave Chloe alone. Chloe hangs up on her, throws the phone across the room. Later, she picks it up, recalling Vivian’s instructions about calling this certain number.

Daniel is over at Maggie’s, showing her the ring he bought for Chloe, Maggie saying it is absolutely perfect. Maggie talks of how Daniel was not high on her list of people she admired, but that has changed. She wishes him well.

Victor has returned home to find Vivian all ready with a packed suitcase, seems she packed for him as well. Seems they really ARE going to Niagara Falls….Victor even mentions a sleeper, so guess it is the train. LOL. Just before they leave, he warns her, very emphatically, that he knows her, figures she wants out of Salem in order to have an alibi, and that if anything, anything at all happens to Carly while they are gone, Vivian is going to find the true meaning of the words “til death us do part”. (Ha!)

And outside the Brady house, nighttime Hope watches Ciara playing with the wallets, calling her daddy to come see her treasures. Hope is beside herself, the jig is up. Baker gets an idea, takes off. Bo is coming to sit with Ciara, when he hears sirens, and goes to check. Hope says good going, Doc, and now needs a miracle. Meanwhile, we hear a ding, and Caroline is calling Ciara to come frost the cookies. Ciara leaves her backpack, Hope looks up, saying “I owe you one”, goes inside, grabs all the wallets, stuffing them into her purse, and leaving. Bo comes into the room, looks into the empty backpack, as Ciara comes into the room. He tells her there is nothing in the backpack, Ciara is puzzled as to where they went. Caroline comes in, learning about the missing treasures, knows how badly Ciara must feel, so gives her a treasure of her own, pulling out a rosary she intended to give her when she made her First Communion. Ciara promises to never lose it, going to put it away right now, and takes off.
Bo talks with his mother, unhappy about Ciara, who seems to be making up these things. He talks of how he & his Fancy Face failed their child. Ciara returns, having put the rosary under her pillow. Bo talks of a treasure he has, from his merchant marine days, and he is going to give it to Ciara, leaves the room to go get it, as Caroline leaves to get the cookies from the oven.
Outside Hope thanks Baker for the distraction, tells him she got the wallets, then complains of a terrible headache. Things just are not right. Baker is sympathetic, Hope asks why he cares, he shrugs, says he just does, he messed up his own life a lot. She tells him if he does care what happens to her, he is the first person to do so. He is partially behind her, his hands on her shoulder…..as Ciara stands at the window, looking at them.

Barb

P.S. There will be no Day Ahead on Thursday, as the show is pre-empted in the U.S. on Friday.

Great writeup. Thanks! Love the reference to Casablanca and all Vic's lines. Sp Bp refers to Hope as his Fancy Face again? Hmmmm.

hahaaa I cant wait to see the scene where philip tells melanie to stop talking. damn I just love them together so much.

thanks for the writeup

Thanks Barb~ interesting day.
Glad to see Adrienne is staying in town for a while-Stephannie so needs a mother to set her right.. So wonder what she tells Nathan about the pill box--
Poor Victor actually going to to the Falls.. how ironic that that are going to the falls and Viv and Chloe are setting up a fall for Carly. Love Vic's warning to her!!
So is Bo going to get interested in what is going on now?? Does he get the brain back?? Yeah!!

sounds somewhat snooze worthy except for Maggie & Victor, I just love them. I'm ready for Carly & Hope to be sent away, Hope to the psycho ward & Carly just....away! Then Hope can get better, come back then "Brady" & his "Fancy Face" can be together again.

I have to see this daydream of Chloe's. LOL

Thanks for the write up

I had to laugh at the morning after pill not harming the baby if she is pregnant. Pregnancy starts at the moment of conception. (That is what I learned studying for my Obs cert) The morning after pill is used to prevent the baby from implanting by causing the lining of the uterus to shed therefore the baby does not implant. That is why it is called the morning after pill it must be taken within 24 to 36 after unprotected sex. After that time it is too late and can cause harm to the baby if by chance the baby is not expelled with the bleeding once it has inplanted.) Thanks for the write up Poirot. The show sounds great.

Thank you, Barb.

Victor and Maggie have wonderful lines again today.

I wish Stephanie was just gone already. So now she's supposed to be thinking of someone other than herself??? Yea, right. I don't buy it.

Carly, you're another one......causing problems and butting in where you don't belong. After you've already stirred up trouble for Daniel then you want to pull a "Never mind."

Doc Baker having some kind of feelings for under-the-influence Hope......EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! For some reason that just grosses me out.

Poor, poor Ciara. Under-the influence Mommy is trying to make you look crazy, and Mommy thinks you are.

Pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg implants in the uterus so what the morning after pill does is either: prevents an egg from being released, prevents fertilization or prevents implantation. It's true that it doesn't terminate a pregnancy...I think that's what they meant...but in addition, to date there is no evidence stating that it would harm the fetus if one is already pregnant either. Also you have up to 72 hrs but the longer you wait, the less effective it is. Anyway, I really wanted to comment simply because it does NOT cause the uterus lining to shed. That is false.

Since this is a fictional show, that distinction really doesn't matter. It also could be that the one allowed in Canada works differently than what is allowed in the US. After all that's what DJM posted that she had to study for her recertification tests.

It is sad that NBC pre-empts a regular show with some hard ankled men playing tennis. Yuck.

Fabulous fabulous summary and it looks like a fabulous show. I guess we will have to savor it since it will have to last us three days.

Question - is Advantage B a product placement promo? Has Days sunk that low? First Midol. Now the morning after pill? At least they are staying in the same ... oh never mind.

Back