Days of Our Lives - Thurs. June 3, 2010

Thank you, Barb.

Victor and Maggie have wonderful lines again today.

I wish Stephanie was just gone already. So now she's supposed to be thinking of someone other than herself??? Yea, right. I don't buy it.

Carly, you're another one......causing problems and butting in where you don't belong. After you've already stirred up trouble for Daniel then you want to pull a "Never mind."

Doc Baker having some kind of feelings for under-the-influence Hope......EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! For some reason that just grosses me out.

Poor, poor Ciara. Under-the influence Mommy is trying to make you look crazy, and Mommy thinks you are.

I have to agree about Hope and Baker. Eww!! It grosses me out too!

Question - is Advantage B a product placement promo? Has Days sunk that low? First Midol. Now the morning after pill? At least they are staying in the same ... oh never mind.

have to say the box is big and plain as day.....however I doubt a product placement, since it is upside down. LOL. Hard to read that way.

And I googled, too, before I posted, and only found Plan B, too....

The Advantage B could be misdirection. When I Googled Advantage B, I got a lot of hits for B vitamins (and mutual funds). So I Googled B vitamins and discovered that one of them, B9, is also known as Folic Acid, which is important in preventing birth defects. It should be taken prior to pregnancy, or very, very, very early on in the pregnancy to be effective. Folic Acid prevents neural tube defects, which occur in the first 28 days of pregnancy, which is often before a woman even knows she's pregnant.

So, instead of Plan B/Morning After Pill, Stephanie could be taking B vitamins.

That makes sense It would be good for the baby. She may have been told about the morning after pill so that we think that is what she is doing, but then it ends up being something different, just like when Sami went to the abortion clinic we thought she was going to have an abortion, but it turned out they did prenatal care as well and that is what she was going for. Away from Salem so no one would know.

The box was upside down, but it actually said "Alternative B," which doesn't seem to be a real brand either. So now Stephanie has a conscience. Interesting. I thought Adrienne looked so much like Kayla today that it was uncanny. I still hate Nathan and I hate how often Melanie says his name.

I love how snarky and cute Maggie and Victor are. They speak their minds, but do it playfully yet maturely. Victor sure has aged well. Just love him.

I thought Chloe's daydream was well done and explained what sent her over the edge, and she is definitely over the edge right now.

So what did Philip mean when he said he knew of a way to get Melanie to stop talking? Just asking.

I actually liked Dr. Baker and Hope. Are they going to hook up??? Could be very very interesting.

I also like the realism of Ciara having a hard time with her parents' separation. Things like that have consequences.

Overall, a great, great episode. There was nothing for me to fast forward!

LOL, you should only be so lucky as to have Philip shut you up like he was telling Melanie. LOL.

So what did Philip mean when he said he knew of a way to get Melanie to stop talking? Just asking.

LOL, you should only be so lucky as to have Philip shut you up like he was telling Melanie. LOL.

LOL, thanks Poirot. I agree! I am a very literal person and I like things spelled out for me. I had a choice of two options rolling around in my head and was curious as to which one he was alluding to.

I'd like to know how early Hope is going to bed at night. When she gets up and becomes Night Time Hope, everyone is still awake for hours and hours to come it seems, including little Ciara who is baking cookies with Grandma Caroline. I know, I know, it's just another of those things we're not supposed to think about.

@Redsquirrel, i've studied biology and health in both countries (bachelors and masters degrees) - and used the morning after pill personally lol so since we were being educated by that initial comment i simply wanted to dispell the myths

I love how snarky and cute Maggie and Victor are. They speak their minds, but do it playfully yet maturely. Victor sure has aged well. Just love him.

I actually liked Dr. Baker and Hope. Are they going to hook up??? Could be very very interesting.

@kpatch, I agree with you on both counts. Dick and Hope Dope? Hick? So sorry! Barb, you know I "never" do that, but just couldn't resist this one time. I actually thought they looked good together. No yuck factor for me. I'm hoping Dr. Baker stays around for awhile. I enjoy seeing his tender side.

Back