Days of Our Lives - Thurs. May 22, 2014

Good episode today.
I loved seeing Kate and Lucas. Kate had some funny lines. It's always nice to see her involved in something besides Jordan, and to see Lucas on-screen at all. I also liked EJ telling Kate he knows she still loves Stefano.

Lucas to Hope: "I've seen you more in this office than I have in years." :rotfl:Very true. It's like she forgot he's her family. I hated how she doesn't believe him.

Nicole and Eric's scenes were predictable. It was obvious they weren't going to elope out of town. I knew she'd say something about Daniel and her, and suspected she'd tell him of their charged moments before she and Eric got together. But I didn't think she'd lie about Daniel loving her. How ridiculous! She's digging a wide hole. And what will Jennifer say if she finds out?

I hate that Abe and Maxine are cutting their romance off. We need more happy, healthy couples on the show, which may work out if Marlena & Roman, Hope & Aiden, or JJ & Paige or even Kate & Stefano work out. So far, we've only got Will-Sonny and Maggie-Victor. Jennifer always breaks up with Daniel on a weekly basis, Jordan and Rafe have a huge, boring secret between them, and Abby & Ben are just getting started. But it was nice to see them onscreen today anyways.

Jordan with Abby/Rafe...:rolleyes:Same ol' boring, contrived plots.

I like the new Ben. He's much more attractive than the old one, and still has chemistry with Abigail. I liked his Law & Order comment to Hope. EJ was being a jerk to Abby today, but they still have the spark. It was nice to see him in scenes without Sami, who was off the show today, thank goodness.

I liked seeing Rafe with EJ, but the writers made it so that we could see EJ 'change' from how he used to be, and they tried to make Rafe look mean.:sick:

Daniel & Jennifer:sick::rolleyes: Seemed so contrived today

Honestly, here it is Thursday, and I feel like nothing really has happened. Except for new Ben showing up today........Jen continues to pry, Nicole continues to lie, Maggie continues to cry, Hope continues to try (and find the culprit). Jordan continues to hide her past, trusting Rafe's love for her will last. LOL, I swear, it like everyone riding a stationary bicycle...peddling away and going no where.
:rotfl::clap:
I LOVE your poem, Poirot!!!

Also, did anyone catch Nicole's funny line about 'that loudmouth Julie'? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It wasn't just any patient Daniel was talking about. It was his first wife Rebecca. I was glad to see some insight into why Daniel is so preoccupied with Nicole's dilemma. I am finding it very painful to watch the destruction of Daniel and Nicole's super-awesome friendship for this nonsense. Not to mention what they are doing to Nicole... ugh.

Any lingering sympathy for Nicole out there? LOL!

If I were Daniel, I would have a little talk with Jennifer: ˝Get this straight. I will maintain some degree of privacy in my life. You have the right to know only about what concerns you directly." "And, the next time you don't believe me, in effect calling me a liar, don't let the door hit you in your nether region!"

A repeat of the above by EJ, and Victor would also be in order...

Any lingering sympathy for Nicole out there? LOL!

I have a lot of empathy for Nicole. I see her behavior as compulsive and not much different from Brady's drinking. I don't like what she's doing but I don't like the way Daniel is handling the situation either and I am hoping that someone, anyone will see that this doesn't mean that Marlena et al are "right." I hope that when all is said and done, whether or not Eric stays with her, that he does see that Nicole right now is not in her right mind and reacts with compassion rather than anger. Honestly I would love for him to say to Marlena that she of all people should be less judgmental of someone who needs support.

Honestly I think Nicole's problem began with Eric's accusation. Yes she forgave him, but I think it shook her to her core and deep down she felt like it didn't matter how hard she tried to do the right thing, she would always be seen as a bad person. And I think it was for that reason that Chyka saying, "If I give you the evidence Eric will leave you" got to her and why she is so afraid she will lose Eric over it. On top of that, we have Marlena and Sami running around telling Eric every chance they get that Nicole is the most evil, vile creature on the planet and that is reinforcing her fear because in her mind, when Eric finds out the truth he will decide they are right.

I feel Daniel is being written out of character too just to make things worse for Nicole now. Daniel is the most supportive and understanding person on the show and it doesn't make sense that he is acting this way towards Nicole. I can see him feeling stuck in a hard place because of his friendship with both Nicole and Eric but this hard line he's taking with her is just so not who he is, and if you look at the scenes he had with JJ a couple days ago it makes it glaringly obvious that his behavior towards Nicole is out of character. As a result, Nicole feels that even DANIEL who is always always always on her side is not her friend anymore and that there's no way Eric could ever forgive or accept her and she is losing her mind. I also do wonder if somewhere along the way Nicole fell in love with Daniel and would like to believe that he is acting this way because he is jealous of Eric, because her heart is broken over his treatment of her now.

Lucas to Hope: "I've seen you more in this office than I have in years." :rotfl:Very true. It's like she forgot he's her family. I hated how she doesn't believe him.
The way the writers are treating Nicole is awful, but the way they have Hope conducting the Tricky Nicky murder investigation isn't all that much better. The way she is treating Lucas is remarkably shabby. Is she trying to imitate the Salem P.D.'s and ISA's approach during the Stefano "murder" investigation when they made fools of themselves by singling out EJ from a small army of suspects and then trying to railroad him? Is she now trying to simplify things by singling out poor Lucas? Just once it would be nice if one of the people she's dragging into her office would tell her that they won't say another word without a lawyer present, that unless Hope is going to arrest them on the spot they are going to leave, and where she can shove her nasty little recording device.

Hooyah!

Muse, I share some of your sympathy for Nicole, but only up to a point. You are absolutely right about her being falsely accused by Eric. But, her recent behavior is abominable; Eric should forgive her, and them broom her.

I think Marlena is definitely out of line about Nicole, but Sami is 100 times worse. She has done as much, if not more than Nicole, maybe that is why she doesn't want her brother involved with her. But then Sami closes her eyes and mind to her own bad deeds and behavior, just as she has done for EJ. Marlena is not happy about it all, but at least she is a lot quieter. LOL
and, in fact, she WAS the person who played that nasty video of Kristen & Eric at the church, and could not even turn it off when she saw what it contained. Just let it go on and on.

Oh, I totally agree that Nicole's behavior is inappropriate and is getting worse and worse, and I do think she needs to experience some consequences for it. However what I really wish is that after forgiving Nicole, Eric tells her that she needs to get help so that she stops getting compelled to do these self-destructive things, and that doing so will go a long way towards rebuilding his trust in her, and that he and Daniel work together on supporting her and making it easier for her to get the help she needs. Of course that will never happen but that's what I really really want.

Kate had great lines today. I actually enjoy her in this mode, otherwise I'm always pretending Deborah Adair's Kate is somewhere on an island waiting for rescue.

The end of the episode...beyond stupid. It will make Friday's episode unwatchable, I'm sure, unless Eric and Nicole are not on.

I feel like for as little as we knew Ben, he could have appeared two more times and been exonerated, and this could be a new character. But whatever, this guy is doing an OK job so far.

Back