Days of Our Lives - Thurs., May 23, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, May 23, 2019

Holly's funeral is today, but not to worry, you would never know it if it was not mentioned. Xander comes to see Nicole, she opens the door with a drink in her hand, wearing a lowcut red dress, actually acting as if she is celebrating. Xander about has a fit, it is Holly's funeral, what will people say to see you like this. She doesn't seem to care. Knock, knock, tis Brady. Ooops. She shoves Xander off to hide (mind you, another mention of his patchouli body cologne), throws on a white robe, answers the door. Brady came to see if she is o.k., will take her to the funeral. Oh, she needs more time alone, thank you. He pleads for her to allow Eric to come to funeral, she hesitates, but finally consents, only keep him away from me. He notices an odd smell, cheap cologne. She claims it was the bus boy. He leaves, Xander comes out, resenting another crack about his cologne. Nicole says after this is over, she will take him shopping for something a bit.......lighter. She now says he has to go to hospital, change the death records so that they match up with Holly's I.D.

Maggie finds a note from Victor, sorry, he had to go on an important errand, will meet her at the church. She is upset, again wanders over to the bar, Chloe comes in. Wanted to give her back a pendant she had given Holly. She would have had Holly buried with it, but Nicole has made it plain Chloe has no input in anything regarding the funeral. Chloe is off to the church, Maggie asks for a ride, Victor had something else to do, yes, they have hit a rough patch currently.

Victor is meeting with Kate, of course, who tells him of seeing Xander coming out of Nicole's room, shaking hands, but she did not hear any of conversation. Vic is suspicious, the divorce was already arranged for by Brady (Kate now knows why Xander got the job at Titan), something is up, he is going to get to the bottom of it.

Sarah & Rex are talking, Eric walks in, they say he has not much time to get dressed. He isn't going, Nicole made it clear she doesn't want him there, Rex & Sarah both try to talk him into it, Nicole angry, will get over it eventually. Rex gets call, leaves the room, Sarah does her usually yakking to Eric, Rex returns, a patient coded, he has to go, sorry he cannot be there with Sarah. Out the door, telling Eric to take care of her. She tells Eric to get dressed now, and thinks they should go there separately, since Nicole already thinks something going on with them. He agrees.

At the funeral, Eric comes up to Nik (now in black dress) to extend sympathies. She rips into him all over again, Sarah comes up, (she can never keep her nose out of Eric's business), Nicole is nasty to her as well, they go somewhere.

Evidently the writers think something nicer should be shown, so Julie is readying things at the club, finds a gift box, Doug says she wasn't to find it til this evening, but has her open it, lovely music box I guess, reminds her of Switzerland where they married for the 3rd and final time. Kiss, happy 25th anniversary, loving words to each other, he puts on some music, they dance a bit, and hug some more.

Xander has managed to get into just the right room at the hospital, bunch of files, finds Holly's folder, gets on the computer, changes whatever it is that had to be changed, saved, and done. And just as he is about to put the folder back in the pile and leave, in walks Rex. Xander quickly hides the file behind his back, claims he was there for physical for his new job. Rex says this is restricted area, Xander says oops, sorry, but Rex recognizes him, you are Xander, the SOB that slept with my fiancee'.

Over at the club, Victor comes in, seeing Nicole standing with Brady, asks what she was doing with Xander last night. Gotta say Nicole thinks fast, goes on the defensive, Victor spying on her, blah, blah. He says Kate saw them, told him a while ago. Maggie walks in to hear this. Nik mentions the divorce, Vic knows already agreed to, why shaking hands. She says he wanted a kiss, she refused, marriage was always in name only, and so they shook hands. Maggie is upset, Nicole now lights into her, for not taking care/protecting Holly, asks Brady to take her home. Victor is telling Maggie she is over-reacting, she gets really ticked off, Kate comes in, Maggie tells her she told her to stay away from her home, so instead she meets Vic outside of it, is coming into her marriage. She is not over-reacting, leaves for home.

Gabi has called Stefan from the funeral, claiming Parker all upset, Ari doesn't know what to do, she cannot calm him down. Stefan says o.k. He will come home, tells Chloe he has some business, will be right back. He gets home, kids are fine and playing, Gabi upstairs in a teddy, claims kids spilled juice on her, she was cleaning up. He tells her put clothes on, she says still wet. He throws a robe at her. She dons it, he had been telling her no more romps in the sack, o.k. She starts to walk out of the room, he grabs her, and in 2 seconds they are on the bed.

Earlier, Gabi ran into Kate, got her to agree to help her with the sting on Stefan. Kate goes to the club, talks to Chloe, telling her of problem with Parker, Ari upset, maybe she should leave early and go see what is up.

Sarah & Eric talk, she is assuring him he is a good man. KISS!

Maggie is at home, crying a bit over Holly's necklace. She wanders over to the bar, pours herself a glass of vodka, and down the hatch, even with shaky hands, all in one gulp.

Rex chides Xander for being with Sarah, Xander tries to leave, Rex spots the file, grabs it. What are you doing with this file on Holly Jonas?

Brady has brought Nicole home, she is sorry she blew up at Eric and at Maggie. Brady figures everyone understood, she doesn't think so. They sit on the sofa, her head on his shoulder, talking of Holly, Tate, their life together in Canada, how happy then. She kisses him. Long one.

Thank you, Poirot.

Oh my, I don't have much good to say about this episode except about Rex catching Xander with the file. Rex got use of the Salem brain for a few seconds.

I was going to say 3 cheers for Victor being suspicious of "Nicole" and Xander after Kate saw them, but the Victor of old would've put 24 hour surveillance on them instead of asking "Nicole".

Last edited:
I am very glad that they didn't actually show Holly's funeral. Burying a toddler, not fun.

Boy Stefan asks how high when Gabi says jump doesn't he? Goes running every time!! Gabi doesn't seem to have any problem playing the whore.

Sarah says to Eric we shouldn't go together because Nicole already thinks something is going on but then she jumps right in when Nicole is yelling at Eric. Then they're kissing again. Seriously. End this crap. Too bad Rex is at hospital catching Xander which is good but now he can't walk in on his brother making out with his fiancee!

It's only Doug and Julie's 25th!! I've been married 35!! Just seems like they have been together forever.

Doug and Julie first married in 1976, I think. I'm guessing that TPTB don't want us to think about their real age.

Their first wedding was in 1976:

dougjuliewed1.jpg

The second one was in 1981:

Doug_Julie_wed.jpg

And their third wedding, in 1994, was off-screen.

Another stupid story of someone changing medical records. Where do they get these skills? Why in the world do they continue to force this tripe on us? And WHY do WE continue to watch? I very rarely do anymore - I will come here and get this gist of the story and decide if it is worth my time. If this site did not exist, not sure I would tune in anymore. Promises and more failed promises. I care about the characters that have been on the show for multiple years mostly beyond 10. The introduction of cast that have no connection and then create a forced connection make it tiresome to watch.

The only romance you see anymore is John and Marlena and Ben and Ciara. Everyone else is just hopping in and out of bed. There is no relationship building up to anything. Most of the cast do not have a person they can count on through thick and thin.

Stefan is all gentleman with Chloe and can't keep it zipped around Gabi whom he cannot stand. Now it appears they will force a relationship with Hope and Ted. The one with Jack and Eve is so romantic and believable. Permission to poke myself in the eye.

Please let Rex figure out that Xander is up to no good with that file!!!
I wouldn't bet money on this. Rexy hasn't shown that he has the attention span needed to expose the X-man's nefarious doings. All Xander would have to do is mention his tryst with Sarah and Rexy would lose focus and dissolve into jealousy and outrage. Elsewhere, impromptu smooching seemed to be the order of the day.

Zero and Gabi: Stefano's third-rate son brings new meaning to the term "lack of self control."

Sarah and Eric: By now, Rexy's sometime fiancée should realize that there's absolutely nothing that will put a smile on the tormented, guilt-ridden sourpuss's face.

Brady and Nicole: Brady's Nicole apology tour continues. Why doesn't he suggest that they go back to Manitoba and find true love running that hardware store that Brady purchased.

Finally, a still-sober Maggie gets the line of the day for telling Kate, "Nothing about you is innocent."

Thanks, Poirot.

The episode could be called "Kiss Me, Kiss Me" since four couples kissed.

Nice to see Doug and Julie celebrate their anniversary. Too bad they couldn't
have danced to one of their songs.

Will Rex wonder why Xander has Holly's file? Maybe one day.

I laughed when Nicole told Xander she could smell him as soon as he left
the elevator. I figure the scent Xander wears will pop up later since Brady
smelled it in Nicole's room.

Guess I lost my first post. It was in reply to how long Doug and Julie have been married. They were already married, I'm sure for the last time, in 1983. That was when Bo and Hope were just getting together. Doug had a heart attack yelling at Bo. So that's 36 yrs.

Back